Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epilators?

Options
  • 21-02-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Has anyone used them before?! im thinking of buying one, but i dunno if i would be able to you know handle it!! is it sore as waxing?! i dont mind waxing at all!!
    and i dont plan on using it on legs.... good idea or not?! :eek:
    where can ya get a good enough one on the cheap?! saw argos has one thats 20e but i dont want something rubbish either ya know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have a Philips SatinPerfect, which cost about €80 (I think, it was a gift) Christmas 2010. There are cheaper ones out there though. I find mine very good - lots of different heads and they are quite big so they cover more area in one stroke.

Epilating is definitely less painful than waxing (IMO) and I do use it on my bikini area when I'm feeling brave. I would recommend you give it a try on other parts of your body before you take the plunge and do the bikini area. Personally, I find my under arms more painful that the bikini area but I know for lots of people it's vice versa so it really depends on your own pain threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I used to use mine all the time but I haven't the patience for it any more and just shave now tbh. It does last for a long time though and the more you use it the less painful it it. My one is a remington one, my sister has a different remington one and they're fine.

I used to use hair removal cream and as the hair grew back I'd epilate so it would be less painful as the hair grew back at different rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RonnieQuibbles

I used an epilator on my legs for 6 months or so with no problems but then developed a horrible rash due to ingrown hairs. I stopped using it last summer and I still have problems. It may depend on your skin type. I have angry skin. It works really well on under arms though, the first time is excruciating but it's fairly painless after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Have a Braun silkepil one for about 5 years. I find it brilliant and not as painful as waxing. It did come with a kind of cover that slides on that you keep in the freezer and is meant to ease the pain as you epilate but got rid after the first couple of goes as I no longer found it painful. Use it everywhere except face.

Advertisement