Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondello Track Day Training

• 21-02-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi lads,

has any of you been on any of the Mondello Track Day Training?

Are there different groups for noobs to avoid disturbing more experienced riders? After the tracktime they give you some tips/corrections, is there an instructor on your back paying attention?

Any extra feedback/suggestion will be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I did it a couple of years ago and it was the best money I ever spent!

Experience doesn't come into it, it's not like a track day where there's novice, intermediate and advanced. Chances are, if someone is doing this, they're gonna be novice anyway.

Everyone is on a level playing field. The first half of the morning is classroom stuff. Then out the back to do some slow speed manoeuvres (sp) figure of 8's, emergency braking, counter-steering etc. and after lunch, out to the track where they have the group split. An instructor with ten students, then a gap. Then another instructor with another ten riders etc.

Then instructors are very approachable, Aidan is the tall lad with the grey beard. He knows his stuff. Darren is pretty handy too. Ask anything you want, that's what they're there for.

I guarantee you'll enjoy it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I did it a couple of years ago and it was the best money I ever spent!

Experience doesn't come into it, it's not like a track day where there's novice, intermediate and advanced. Chances are, if someone is doing this, they're gonna be novice anyway.

Everyone is on a level playing field. The first half of the morning is classroom stuff. Then out the back to do some slow speed manoeuvres (sp) figure of 8's, emergency braking, counter-steering etc. and after lunch, out to the track where they have the group split. An instructor with ten students, then a gap. Then another instructor with another ten riders etc.

Then instructors are very approachable, Aidan is the tall lad with the grey beard. He knows his stuff. Darren is pretty handy too. Ask anything you want, that's what they're there for.

I guarantee you'll enjoy it!!

I emailed about that last week. The email said you need full leathers.......er, who still wears them ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

galwaytt wrote: »
    I emailed about that last week. The email said you need full leathers.......er, who still wears them ?

Most racers do. Id check they might allow somebody on with 2 piece leathers as long as they zip all the way round.
    If your planning on doing track days, you could do worse than pick up a 2nd hand set of leathers.

galwaytt wrote: »

Em, I do for one!!! :D NOwt wrong with a nice zip-together 2 piece.
    GBX wrote: »
    Most racers do. Id check they might allow somebody on with 2 piece leathers as long as they zip all the way round.
    If your planning on doing track days, you could do worse than pick up a 2nd hand set of leathers.

Yep, what he said. At the end of the day, it's for your own safety. If you have a spill and go skating on your ass, a zipped together two-piece will prevent you getting nasty road rash on your back. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

GBX wrote: »
    ALL racers do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ALL racers do!

They all wear leathers .. I meant majority of racers wear 1 pc. Track day lads wear both! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

ALL racers wear 1-piece! 2-piece aren't allowed for racing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Thanks for your answer sharing your experience Please Kill Me, it's very helpful. I'm looking forward to head there :)

Concerning the leathers, yes, they accept 2 pieces ziped.

Cheers lads.

mikesp wrote: »
    Thanks for your answer sharing your experience Please Kill Me, it's very helpful. I'm looking forward to head there :)

Concerning the leathers, yes, they accept 2 pieces ziped.

Cheers lads.

No worries. By all means, when you're done, why not share your experience with us here and stick up some pics? There's a photographer there (Trak Daze) and he charges €40 for the day, he takes up to 200 pics and sends them to you on a CD. Nice memento of the day. :)

Advertisement