Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 144 **BROADCAST INFO IN POST 1** **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Bendo looked seriously drawn out at the weigh ins, or am i imagining things?

Really looking forward to this card.

he did, akiyama looked a lot worse though, he must have cut **** loads and got a spray tan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

horsemeat wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing Rich Franklin get smacked the fcuk up to be honest. He's a little bitch, a nothing fighter.

No point in reading the rest of the post as this alone tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

We all know Rich Franklin's a hero.

All set for this? I've got Tiequan Zhang to get the Japanese off to a bad start :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow nice finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

BOOM! just in the door, what a start!

There goes my bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

The facebook prelim wasnt shown on my facebook.Anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúck me, what a KO!

shezer wrote: »
    The facebook prelim wasnt shown on my facebook.Anyone else have this problem?

It worked fine here.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a link to the facebook prelim?please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My facebook is acting the maggot. Or I am. One way or other I cannot see anything.

Edit: I am less of a maggot.

Facebook is done guys, go to ufc.tv

gimmick wrote: »
    My facebook is acting the maggot. Or I am. One way or other I cannot see anything.

Edit: I am less of a maggot.

I have the same problem.can't see anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Anyone's ufc.tv stream down?

Wtf? Judges don't reward takedowns anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm still watching on FB, fukuda v cantwell just starting

That was a sweet submission

Great win for Lee, awesome Sub, thought he'd lost it at the start when Yamamoto went off on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

excellent fight. quality sub

What a cute little pen she's got, what the fcuk is she doin wit it, writin her shoppin list??

• Advertisement

Haha. I'd say she's writing down notes for if he's talking for ages.

Great card so far, and it's only the prelims.

Japanese fans are CRAZY! :D

Gomi looks so bad lately, a shadow of his former self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What a comeback O_O

scudzilla wrote: »
    Gomi looks so bad lately, a shadow of his former self

Well that second round from Gomi just made me look a right bollox :rolleyes:

Some great prelims, hope the main card is the same. Pettis/Lauzon!:D Kongo/Hunt will be fun if Kongo doesn't wrestlefook him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

link anyone?

empacher wrote: »
    link anyone?

It'll be starting on ESPN in 2 minutes.. I'm guessing you don't have ESPN though. If I can find one I'll PM you in a second.
    (I'm still not sure on the stance on streaming links)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We dont do them. Blame Sherlock. Dont whinge at me :) write to your TD. www.boards.ie/petition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

link anyone?
    Here you go, Edit: seen above post

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So, this is nice. I'm in Cambodia, its 10am and they have Fox in my room. Beats the hell out of 3am in my place. No steak and eggs though :(

• Advertisement

well at least you'll be rested unlike us, I have to wake up at 10am just to call intto work to say im sick (exhaustion) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Well that was quick!

Jaysus. That was some kick from Pettis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Boom!!! nice kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I won't be happy until I see another cage kick :D

wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Nice finish!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Shin to chin!!

Pettis is an animal, such dangerous kicks...

Hioki is owning this fight, very technical fighter by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

lots of asians after coming into the bar here, very animated during this fight, so im waiting to see how they will act during the akiyama fight :pac:

well at least you'll be rested unlike us, I have to wake up at 10am just to call intto work to say im sick (exhaustion) :P
    Yeah, thats the one bad thing about watching UFC live in Ireland. Had a nice sleep, got a hotel brekkie and now for some UFC! Just occured to me that it start at noon in Japan but Buffer still started with "good evening!" showing where their real focus is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

If somebody ever came up to me and said "Draw the head of what you imagine a stereotypical mechanic looks like", I would draw Tim Boetsche. His head just screams manual labour.

If somebody ever came up to me and said "Draw the head of what you imagine a stereotypical mechanic looks like", I would draw Tim Boetsche. His head just screams manual labour.
    lol.... what an incredibly random thing to say but you know what, you arent wrong! :)

This UFC is a LOT more entertaining than the Bisping vs Sonnen one... more fights, less talking etc. Is that cos this is PPV and the other wasnt or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Books, covers..

Okami looks really impressive, the guy is so hard to beat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

DeVore wrote: »
    lol.... what an incredibly random thing to say but you know what, you arent wrong! :)

This UFC is a LOT more entertaining than the Bisping vs Sonnen one... more fights, less talking etc. Is that cos this is PPV and the other wasnt or something?

Yes essentially. The Fox TV cards are essentially dumbed down for the wider American audience hence the extra analysis etc. It's presented very much like other American sports in order to draw in a casual fan.

DeVore wrote: »

Yeah that was on FOX, and the fights wern't great either.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Okami looks really impressive, the guy is so hard to beat
    Not that hard.... WOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a comeback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Joe Rogan cares not for blood pressure

• Advertisement
Advertisement