Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris brown - next MJ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I can completely understand you point on this. I would be a fan of his at all, mainly for whomping my girl Rhianna along with the all round c*ntishness he exudes.

But he did release a Hip Hop mixtape towards the end of last year and the deciding vote for keeping this open is that he is listed as a hip hop artist on wikipedia (i know i know, brutal source but I needed something other than flipping a coin).

If it was someone like Usher, I would drop kick the thread over to RnB straight away, but CB is not so clear-cut. Was he also in the BET cypher thing as well? If Premo green lights him then we should give him a chance.

.....or should we?

So to decide if we should keep this thread open and allow discussion on the Hip Hop thread, I'll let the people decide. Poll has been added.

as it is quiet on this forum, first to 10 wins.

Fair enough I see where your coming from about chris brown and it's a catch 22 really so there is no point in arguing more about him.

But my main point is which i should of said more on is the actual thread topic is not hip hop ! The OP asks if chris brown will be the next MJ so in other words the next king of pop...

I just feel the thread is more pop orientated than hip hop and it tbh it really really is IMO.

But look il vote and move on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Chris Brown the new Michael Jackson?

Why are we even discussing this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

cant understand why neither can be discussed in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    cant understand why neither can be discussed in here.

Er............ it IS being discussed here.

The only problem is that it's a stupid discussion.

Michael Jackson and Chris Brown should never be in the same sentence.

Unless the sentence is "Someone on Boards thinks Chris Brown is the new Michael Jackson............ HAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Er ........ <snip> No insults please </snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Let's see:

Can't sing (without autotune)
    Can dance (big woop)
    Arrogant príck? (Yup)

And besides, is he even RnB? Any song I hear from him is some David Guetta-ized Europop crap. How is that Hip Hop let alone RnB?!

Well said mate. CB is part of hip hop and as you said, he released a mixtape where he is rapping in mostly all of the tracks

Well technically Justin Bieber is rapping these days so where do we draw the line? Is Justin Bieber a rapper now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah his rap persona is Shawty Mane! I don't like him rapping though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Yeah his rap persona is Shawty Mane! I don't like him rapping though.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

blow69 wrote: »
    Let's see:

Can't sing (without autotune) Yes he can sing
    Can dance (big woop) So you slag him off on something he can in your opinion do well? :rolleyes:
    Arrogant príck? (Yup) Many artists are arrogant

And besides, is he even RnB? Any song I hear from him is some David Guetta-ized Europop crap. How is that Hip Hop let alone RnB?!

You listed to only his dance/techno pop songs? you clearly have not listened to not even a 5th of his songs. he does more rnb slow jam then techno pop music

Well technically Justin Bieber is rapping these days so where do we draw the line? Is Justin Bieber a rapper now?

Justin Bieber made a mixtape full of him rapping? does the likes of busta rhymes etc go begging Justin Bieber to spit a few bars on there tracks? NOPE AND NOPE.

CB does. he has his own mixtape and many rappers have asked CB to spit a few bars. i wonder why eh?

replied in bold for your amusement hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He's shít and he isnt the next MJ. Period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

CB does. he has his own mixtape and many rappers have asked CB to spit a few bars. i wonder why eh?

Probably because he will guarantee them an area of the market that they may not be able to tap into themselves. I'd imagine it's nothing to do with his skills anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He matched the vibe of "pot of gold" and "look at me now" well. (look at me now might have been his own song?)

But next MJ, does not even warrant a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

*Unfollows thread*

The only good thing to come from this thread is that I've started listening to MJ's music again. The man had more talent than all of the artists in the top-10 at the moment put together. Actually after looking at the charts I've decided to extend that to the top-20, and Chris Brown is one of those artists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Michael Jackson made music that the world will never forget.

Chris Brown made the most forgettable music in the world.

There is your difference. This thread is an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

Already better than MJ imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

cdotb wrote: »

Your opinion is wrong.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Your opinion is wrong.

No

Ha the poll has reached 10 votes so it can be closed now.

No

Afraid so.

• Advertisement

He's shít, amazes me how people can actually even compare him to MJ.

By chris browns age MJ had already done more for music than chris brown will ever do.

And MJ was original, anybody that tries to do what he does is just a shítty copy of him.

I don't know anyone who still listens to MJ's music, it hasn't aged well and he's like Tupac or whatever, only a legend cos he's dead. Breezy is a better dancer also

I don't know anyone who still listens to MJ's music, it hasn't aged well and he's like Tupac or whatever, only a legend cos he's dead. Breezy is a better dancer also

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I don't know anyone who still listens to MJ's music

That's what being a social outcast will do to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    That's what being a social outcast will do to you.

Rich coming from the guy with 2k+ posts on an internet forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i can listen to his music happily enough if its on the radio but i must be getting old - that video - is he dancing or having a fit??

Thats what happens when you're a member for more than 3 years, weird isnt it?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you're a member for more than 3 years, weird isnt it?

Not sure I was talking to you Patrick

• Advertisement

That's because this is a real account that I've continued to use for over 3 years as opposed to the one you created just for trolling.

Find something better to do with your time mate, look for a job, practice talking to girls, etc.

Advertisement