Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where / How to sell your website

Options
  • 21-02-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

Anyone got any ideas for selling a website? It was created for me by Thinking Juice UK and is a lovely site, but i have no idea as to how to sell it.
    I should add it is a fitness type site that i have no use for anymore.....

Cheers

Caroline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Does it make money?

If not, then it's current value is €0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corsica Nazione

smash wrote: »
    Does it make money?

If not, then it's current value is €0.

That really is a matter of opinion and somewhat unhelpful, what if it has the potential to make money?

OP. Google Sitepoint, you can sell there and I have done so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

That really is a matter of opinion and somewhat unhelpful, what if it has the potential to make money?

OP. Google Sitepoint, you can sell there and I have done so.

Does it cost anything to advertise on it?

I didnt even know you could sell websites like that, do you just put up one you have created for a nominal fee and sell it as is or would you have to tailor it to the buyers wants.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Does it cost anything to advertise on it?

I didnt even know you could sell websites like that, do you just put up one you have created for a nominal fee and sell it as is or would you have to tailor it to the buyers wants.

Its a fiver a month I think. I sold a couple in no time on it.

It would be best if I could see whats being sold.

Some people make a business out of building basic sites with a valuable and sought-after domain name, and selling them on to someone who wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oatsareclass

ill put the name here so you can estimate its worth......but not sure if im allowed so it may get taken off
    its
    callaneticsevolution.net

• Advertisement

ill put the name here so you can estimate its worth......but not sure if im allowed so it may get taken off
    its
    callaneticsevolution.net

I really like the design, any chance of telling how much it cost?

I don't think anyone would want the domain, as it is very unique. The only thing I would suggest is that a similar business would buy it off you.

Whats crucial though, is the traffic/amount of people going to the site.

Is it much? Or is it just your customers that view it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What exactly are you trying to sell here? The domain? The design? The underlying system? The business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

This is kind of like trying to sell a prostethic leg. You're going to find it difficult. It's been tailor-made to your requirements, which means you'll have to find someone in the same line of business, who has the exact same requirments as you, and is in the market for a website. So, even if you do find a buyer, they'd be naming the price.

Is the site powered by a CMS?

I couldn't imagine you getting more than €250-400 for it, if you are lucky enough to find a buyer and if it has a CMS behind it. If it doesn't have a CMS I'd have thought €150-200

Your best bet is probably a keep-fit industry publication, rather than trying to sell it on the www.
    I don't think anyone would want the domain, as it is very unique. The only thing I would suggest is that a similar business would buy it off you.

There seems to be a type of callanetics called callanetics evolution (I just Googeld it :cool:) , I didin't look up the search volume, but the fact that that makes it a keyword-rich domain name is accounting for €100-150 of the valuation I'm estimating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

cormee wrote: »
    This is kind of like trying to sell a prostethic leg. You're going to find it difficult. It's been tailor-made to your requirements, which means you'll have to find someone in the same line of business, who has the exact same requirments as you, and is in the market for a website. So, even if you do find a buyer, they'd be naming the price.

Is the site powered by a CMS?

I couldn't imagine you getting more than €250-400 for it, if you are lucky enough to find a buyer and if it has a CMS behind it. If it doesn't have a CMS I'd have thought €150-200

Your best bet is probably a keep-fit industry publication, rather than trying to sell it on the www.

There seems to be a type of callanetics called callanetics evolution (I just Googeld it :cool:) , I didin't look up the search volume, but the fact that that makes it a keyword-rich domain name is accounting for €100-150 of the valuation I'm estimating.

Is a CMS essential for someone wanting to buy a site in this way, I would have thought it was, but can they be sold without one and basically send them all html and css docs and let them add their content that way, (which I would have thought if they could do this they would just create the site themselves anyway)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

donalg1 wrote: »
    Is a CMS essential for someone wanting to buy a site in this way, I would have thought it was, but can they be sold without one and basically send them all html and css docs and let them add their content that way, (which I would have thought if they could do this they would just create the site themselves anyway)?

Not essential. Desirable, and would add value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement