Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy 10.1 or ipad

Options
  • 21-02-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys looking for abit of help here. i have been waiting for ipad 3 to come out but i was wondering if im waisting my time. my question is would the samsung galaxy be better than the ipad 2 or 3( i no its not out yet and all)? I want to use the tablet for travelling later on in the year so il be using it for internet checking sites for houses,emailing, skype, maybe typing up a cv or someting if stuck.. my budget is open so anybodys opinion is greatful thanks guys,

new boards.ie user :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Well I've been sampling every single tablet I can get my hands on. I finally settled on the samsung 7.7 purely because the screen is STUNNING. high res and amoled plus. the overall footprint is really good

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4136

I got it from panamoz in Hong Kong and was with me in a few days too. cheap at €420 considering retailers have it for ~€600 in Europe :-o

awesome, awesome tablet. It's lighter than the current iPad 2, better screen, battery etc... the iPad3 will probably eat it but I reckon it will still hold it's own :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

If it was me I would get the Motorolla Xoom first edition. It's spec is higher than both the Samsung and Ipad and it's >€100 cheaper PLUS it's due to get ICS by the middle of this year.

It had a bad rep when it came out first due to it being released too early when Android 3.0 wasn't really ready. The prices dropped like a stone but ever since the software was upgraded to 3.1 and 3.2 it's like a new machine. There is a newer Xoom out now but its not worth the upgrade so I would recommend the original Xoom.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I was in the market too, settled on a Galaxy Tab 10.1. There really isn't much I can fault it for, it's a brilliant piece of kit. Compared to other Honeycomb tablets, it's in a league of its own in terms of smoothness of operation. It is also very light and feels nice in hand. I have mine rooted already and over-clocked to 1.4GHz with no problems. Another brilliant advantage it has over say the Xoom 1st edition ,as mentioned above, is the battery life. I have mine getting 10 hours of video playback, I never thought I could get that from a tab.

I was in two minds between an iPad and the Galaxy Tab but in the end, freedom to manage my files like I want to. I can easily throw a load of .avi or .mkv files on the tab without having to convert them or transfer them through iTunes. It just makes things simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Probably ipad3 announced in less than 3 weeks.
    Wait.

Its hard thouhg - I know I'm itching to buy a laptop or phone or sometihng myself but for all waiting for next generation.....arghghghghghg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

The Galaxy uses it's own "skin" software over Android which is a bit of a pain and many of them have an "oil slick" issue. The Sony Tablet looks a better deal as it's cheaper, has a higher resolution for sharper text, has a built in universal remote for most electronic products, has the best gaming experience with Playstation games and has a rally cool form factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mikeen6

Thanks for your help guys.. Ipad 3 is out today so going to sit and wait to see.. its decisions decisions from here on in because now im after seeing the asus transformer prime and that looks cool too.. i need to stop looking up tablets and just buy one haha.. thanks again guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

mikeen6 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help guys.. Ipad 3 is out today so going to sit and wait to see.. its decisions decisions from here on in because now im after seeing the asus transformer prime and that looks cool too.. i need to stop looking up tablets and just buy one haha.. thanks again guys!

Haha check out the Asus PadFone while you are at it!
    Hmmm.....decisions decisions.....

Advertisement