Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warriors Run 2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cloneslad wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a decent bike in a few months, it will allow me to do some good cross training when my legs are feeling a little stiff.

I think it's the first time I've ever done a race where my fitness, cardio wise, has let me down.

3 weeks to get fit for the Sligo half marathon, should be enough time :)

Is that all it is? Was going to do another Marathon this year, but definatly ruling it out now, but a half?

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a decent bike in a few months, it will allow me to do some good cross training when my legs are feeling a little stiff.

I think it's the first time I've ever done a race where my fitness, cardio wise, has let me down.

3 weeks to get fit for the Sligo half marathon, should be enough time :)

Is that all it is? Was going to do another Marathon this year, but definatly ruling it out now, but a half?

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Yeah, it's on the 15th or so. I Signed up for
    The full, no way am I doing that now. I was suppose to run a 10k in my hometown the week before, but i got asked to help organise the registration and timing for
    It, so I won't be doing that now.

The full, no way am I doing that now. I was suppose to run a 10k in my hometown the week before, but i got asked to help organise the registration and timing for

Has there been a big sign up for the Sligo Marathon? Surprised at the 'City' tag considering about 90% of it is through the country.

On a plus side. Ran the first 5km in about 22 minutes. A new PB.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Slipped coming down the mountain and landed on my hip the more i ran the sorer it got with some back pain. I Prob walked more than i ran coming back. Finished in 1:38

Has there been a big sign up for the Sligo Marathon? Surprised at the 'City' tag considering about 90% of it is through the country.

On a plus side. Ran the first 5km in about 22 minutes. A new PB.

:)

Not sure of the numbers at all, I had heard it was being cancelled but turns out that was just a rumour being spread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Any good websites or Facebook pages to see photos from yesterday?

CSC wrote: »
    Jamesburke.biz some very good pictures, he always does a good job at this event

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

CSC wrote: »

Go on to the Warriors Festival FB page there are loads there and free to share! Also some on leggit.ie

Well how we all get on? Missed my PB by under a minute, although finished about 40 to 50 places up on last year.

All in all a great day dispite running the last 50 to 100 metres in agony, was so worn out I nearly fell over the line. Pretty nice technical tee, and everything well laid on, looks like the commitee were reading this tread.

17seconds slower than last year but considering this was my first time running is a month due to an achilles injury I am more than happy with that (1.27). I sure picked the race to come back from injury!!! Still no ill effects apart from screaming quads!!

Great event and what a smashing day for it!

Hmmmmmm. I dont remember my muscles still hurting two days later last year.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmm. I dont remember my muscles still hurting two days later last year.

I was fine after last year too! It must be due to lack of training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Well how we all get on? Missed my PB by under a minute, although finished about 40 to 50 places up on last year.

All in all a great day dispite running the last 50 to 100 metres in agony, was so worn out I nearly fell over the line. Pretty nice technical tee, and everything well laid on, looks like the commitee were reading this tread.

Nice tee and great organisation. Just over the hour and no pb. I saw the lead 2 until the summit. I faded then and didnt see them till finish therafter and was passed half way home. Great running by both athletes. I heard the winner say he never hurt more in a race. Roll on 2013. Hope to organise some specific training sessions during the year in strand hill. Il post at the time.

Advertisement