Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheepdog training

Options
  • 21-02-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a sheepdog pup who is ready to be trained. Was just wondering does anyone know any good trainers? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

What region are you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Sorry for jumping on thread but im in the north easth region and looking for a GOOD trainer for a cattle dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 caseih

give this chap a try you will get his contact details on his website,, daft about dogs.ie..... he's rite good at training dogs for cattle or sheep....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I know a good lad in North county Dublin if thats any help.

could you pm his no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Farmerjo

I am in north Offaly.

Could you pm me his number too please?

Any idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Farmerjo wrote: »
    Any idea's?

Eamon Egan in teagasc does sheepdog training classes around the country, I brought my dog to Killeigh once a week for six weeks to learn how to train a dog, it was very good. Eamon is based in roscommon,I'm sure if you contacted Roscommon teagasc they would fill you in

tried that no. got some woman with a strong dublin accent who thought i was trying to wind her up. could you pm that no again please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Could you pm the north county dublin mans number for dog training ???? much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Farmerjo wrote: »
    I have a sheepdog pup who is ready to be trained. Was just wondering does anyone know any good trainers? Thanks

Did you get sorted out with training your pup?? Ther is a lad in Galway/Mayo that breeds them . I bought a registered pup off him before Christmas. Has about 8 sheepdogs in total that he works on hill and lowland . Really well looked after dogs living in great conditions (unlike some places around the country) . Im not sure if he takes dogs in to train though:confused: ?? But worth a try to ask because these dogs would put sheep in your pocket :D .

No still really at square 1. Need a person who I could give the dog for a few weeks to train him.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Just wondering, how everyone that posted here got on with training their Dogs??

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

What does it cost to get a sheep dog pup trained?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Depends .... eamonn Egans course for 6 lesson training you and the dog is €250 .... well worth it ino if ya had time to go up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Mf310 wrote: »
    Depends .... eamonn Egans course for 6 lesson training you and the dog is €250 .... well worth it ino if ya had time to go up
    Would the dog want to be a pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted out with training your pup?? Ther is a lad in Galway/Mayo that breeds them . I bought a registered pup off him before Christmas. Has about 8 sheepdogs in total that he works on hill and lowland . Really well looked after dogs living in great conditions (unlike some places around the country) . Im not sure if he takes dogs in to train though:confused: ?? But worth a try to ask because these dogs would put sheep in your pocket :D .

I would appreciate it if you would PM me details. Based West Mayo. Thank you.

Advertisement