Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of Hay bales or Hailage

• 21-02-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

What is the going rate for bales of hay or Hailage, we are running low and need to stock up!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Gilally wrote: »
    What is the going rate for bales of hay or Hailage, we are running low and need to stock up!

Cheers

Good round bales in 1's and 2's making around 20-22 down here in south east. Probably 18 or so in large numbers. Can't speak for haylage. You will get feed a lot cheaper than that of course but for decent quality I think it's making around that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

So if we were buying 10 round bales do you think we would get it for 18 euro each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

So if we were buying 10 round bales do you think we would get it for 18 euro each?

could be got for 15 in some places,depends how bad the seller wants it gone,plenty of feed in country this year

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Well not off me you wouldn't. By large quantities I meant a lorry load. What part of the country are you in? There is a lot of fodder still out there though i'm guessing so maybe I'm off on the value, depends on the quality you require I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Fodder has this amazing capacity, to be plentifull and cheap, according all you talk to. When you go buying however, the price is very often anything but cheap by the time it's delivered especially. Not to mention the capacity for waste, once you open the stuff.

Another thing, is that no matter how cheap it is, it's nearly always dear compered to meal.
    With meal you know exactly what you are getting, and you know the price well in advance of a fodder shortage on your farm. You can budget easier with it. It's easy to transport and easy to store. If you feed it on time, you can conserve your grass fodder no problem.:cool:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

what about square bales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

what about square bales?

go onto done deal , you will see prices and info you need

what about square bales?

€2.50/€3 for small square hay