Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bin Services.

Options
  • 21-02-2012 5:35pm

Any other operators working in D15 in the near future? We're going to switch from Panda ASAP.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

citybin, but they only do certain areas at the mo :( , see if your lucky check out the web site

glossy wrote: »
    citybin, but they only do certain areas at the mo :( , see if your lucky check out the web site

They don't do Mulhuddart AFAIK but they list Fingal on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

just paid my €110 fee to Panda for 2012. They said they don't issue stickers but that the bins will be chipped in the near future and the binmen will scan them on collection so you won't need to buy bin tags. The charge system will then be like eflow (M50 toll). You can either set up direct debit or pay for it at agents like shops etc.

While on paper this sounds efficient (not running to the shops to get bin tags at the last minute), my bin is in a communal area with other neighbours (no option to store them privately). I wouldn't want someone using my bin and putting it out and then I get charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I was with Panda last year and my yearly fee was €88...I was expecting it to go up to €110 this year however it didnt....anyone else experience this? (I'm not complaining)

fletch wrote: »
    I was with Panda last year and my yearly fee was €88...I was expecting it to go up to €110 this year however it didnt....anyone else experience this? (I'm not complaining)

probly go up when your yearly acc is due

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My parents were with Panda last year and they got the increase this year in their renewal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

fletch wrote: »

I was actually on to them yesterday because my green bin wasn't collected on Tuesday for some reason (they collected it today so fair play to them), and I asked about the annual fee. Existing customers will be charged €88 and €6.40 per lift this year. Next year it goes up to €110 and €8 respectively.

Zaph wrote: »
    I was actually on to them yesterday because my green bin wasn't collected on Tuesday for some reason (they collected it today so fair play to them), and I asked about the annual fee. Existing customers will be charged €88 and €6.40 per lift this year. Next year it goes up to €110 and €8 respectively.
    :confused::(
    were existing customers, we got an e-mail last week our annuly acc is 110 or 44 6 month charge which is due soon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was hit for €44 the other day, so they are only charging me €88 for the year. Seems like an odd choice to give you, why would you opt to pay for the year when 2 half years is cheaper?

I was hit for €44 the other day, so they are only charging me €88 for the year. Seems like an odd choice to give you, why would you opt to pay for the year when 2 half years is cheaper?

yes we did the 44 euro..

• Advertisement

glossy wrote: »
    probly go up when your yearly acc is due
    I got my renewal in and it was €88....I was expecting it to go up to €110...looks like that won't happen til next year...happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

that's unfair that some of us were not offered the lower rate. Just to confirm the green bin pickups are still free for Panda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes they are still free, will be emailing Panda about only some people being offered a discounted rate.

I wonder how they decided who to give the lower rate to? Perhaps low useage customers...I put my black bin out about 3-4times last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

a service like this would be useful for some people

http://www.bigbin.ie/index.html

is anything like this available in d15 or around dublin ?

Advertisement