Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riddick Bowe is really pushing for a comeback, what do you guys think?

• 21-02-2012 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I say he takes inspiration from B-Hope, Foreman winning the title at 45 and probably most Vitali Klitschko ATM.

I think he should stop trying to come back, I think he could get hurt more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Get in real shape and great, coming back out of shape, don't waste our time

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

The difference between Bowe and Hopkins/foreman is that Bowe hasn't been active and in shape....Hopkins is always in shape and Foreman fought for 10 years before he won the title again.

This is a terrible decision and the media should ignore it.....it's a non event.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

Bowe is gone. He shouldn't be anywhere near a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

WHY NOT WITH SOME OF THE CRAP HEAVIES WHAT DIFFERENCE IS ANOTHER GOING TO MAKE:D:mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frank1969

It really saddens me when I see once-great boxers trying to make a comeback in their 40s. It usually spells disaster. They're desperate to recoup the money they squandered during their prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭The Prodigy 2

Bowe is 44 prob hasn't trained since his last fight 08. I hope he comes back and shocks us. but I really don't think so. bowe had brain damage after his 2 savage fights with golota and his speech has really slurred. wouldn't like it too get worse !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Bowe has been finished since '96. Don't make me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Bowe was finished fighting Golata at 29/30! I believe he will come back , but unfortunately he wont be winning any fights, never mind titles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I remember watching one of his comeback fights in 2005 on Eurosport a few years ago and the standard was dire, he last fought again in late 2008.
    Since Bowe fought and beat Holyfield in late 1995 he's fought Golota twice in 1996 then fights against nobodys in 2004, 2005 and 2008. His record is 43-1-0, but apart from his two wins against Holyfield there's not a lot of quality in there, he always struggled for fitness so I could only imagine what type of shape he's in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And he would not fight Lewis either, which is a serious blot on his record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Bowe was 282lbs in his fight in 2008.

I reckon he's around 300lbs walking around weight.

Advertisement