Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forte's chipper, Phibsboro

Options
  • 21-02-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭

Popped over a couple of weeks ago and it was closed. Thought that was odd so got my late night snack elsewhere. Was passing today and noticed it was still closed. Anyone no if its closed down or what? Didn't seem to be any signage on the door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is that the one up at Cross Guns Bridge, beside the dry cleaners? If so, yes it's closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Thats the one. Another victim of the times i guess. Used to have good chats with the chap who owned the place while waiting for chips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

dan1895 wrote: »
    Thats the one. Another victim of the times i guess. Used to have good chats with the chap who owned the place while waiting for chips

He was okay but in fairness the food was awfull.

he never had anything ready and seemed to only ever turn the pans on when you walked into the shop,the result was that everything was soggy and cold.

Golden Chip from here on in so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The chap that ran it was an alright fella. Always went in when I was looking for food in the area. I agree the food wasn't great but wasn't awful either.It done the job after a few pints. Sad to see another place like that go.
    Always thought it was odd he had carpet behind the counter too.
    Don't find golden chip that great either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You can't beat burdocks

You can't beat burdocks

Maybe 20 years ago..its gone to pot these days,greasy slop.

To my mind Macaris and Roma are the best chippers around,Burdocks seem to be happy to rest on its laurels but the grub really isnt up to much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I thought you hated Roma?

You can't beat burdocks

Burdocks is that awkward distance from my house where the food will be gone cold by the time I get it home. Besides i'll be having my fill of Burdocks in Tolka Park this season. Easily our best signing!

Des wrote: »
    I thought you hated Roma?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfOqXFcycB8

• Advertisement
Advertisement