Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise needed

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi. Ive recently started the gym and ive been taking reflex whey protein(really nice taste might i add) and was wondering should i be taking creatine. I dont know enough about this bodybuilding crack because some sites really go over my head in terms of diets etc... i just wanted to know will i benefit from creatine and whey protein shakes and if so are they safe. Can you take them both at one time??Ive changed my diet, eating chicken,rice,fish,fruit.eggs and i have a programme at the gym.Thanx guys for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

a.j.m1981 wrote: »
    Hi. Ive recently started the gym and ive been taking reflex whey protein(really nice taste might i add) and was wondering should i be taking creatine. I dont know enough about this bodybuilding crack because some sites really go over my head in terms of diets etc... i just wanted to know will i benefit from creatine and whey protein shakes and if so are they safe. Can you take them both at one time??Ive changed my diet, eating chicken,rice,fish,fruit.eggs and i have a programme at the gym.Thanx guys for any help

Creatine is probably the second most common supplement for weight training after protein. I'm by no means an expert but, if you've just recently started the gym, I'd suggest doing a good program and sticking to the protein on it's own.

You'll make good progress as a newbie without the creatine and you can save this as a "trick up your sleeve" when the progress starts to stall.

Of course, some of the more experienced people may shoot this advice down but it's what I've done myself. My progress is starting to get really tough now so I'm going to be adding creatine next week (I already have the bag).

One advantage of waiting until I've pretty much stalled is that, if I find that I'm completing reps easier when I start taking it, I'll know that there's a good chance it's the creatine at work as opposed to the protein and/or the fact that I'm a newbie.

Advertisement