Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me wall

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

well,
    any one got any ideas how can stop little brats acting the maggot on me wall?? its only the same couple the whole time but starting to gettin annoyin......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

Cover it with barb wire or broken glass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

A couple of dabs of heavy axle grease should do it, worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Creosote or used engine oil ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

a rifle and scope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

a good kick up the hole will sort the little feckers, or offer them sweets that should send em running!!!

• Advertisement

Give a roar out at them, and if they come back then go medieval with some boiling oil and flaming arrows.

Its the only way!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

wellboytoo wrote: »
    A couple of dabs of heavy axle grease should do it, worked for me

I used this myself. Work grand for a while until they copped on to what it was. So then I mixed it with broken glass and that worked a treat!!:D Havent seen them on it now for years!! It even stopped the little pussy cat from walking on me wall!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Make sure your curtains wide open and stand in a very clear view with all the lights on in pink lingerie and a blonde wig with a blow up doll staring and every so often asking for a puncture repair kit.
    Apparently its very effective......
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Stand guard beside it 24/7.

Make sure your curtains wide open and stand in a very clear view with all the lights on in pink lingerie and a blonde wig with a blow up doll staring and every so often asking for a puncture repair kit.
    Apparently its very effective......
    >_>

haha classic altho the image in my head now is very disturbing:D

• Advertisement

S28382 wrote: »
    haha classic altho the image in my head now is very disturbing:D

O_O
    ........dont suppose you have a puncture repair kit dear?

guess ill be having nightmares tonight :eek:

S28382 wrote: »
    guess ill be having nightmares tonight :eek:
    me-gusta-creepy-me-gusta.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

O_O

Pfft you wouldn't need a puncture repair kit if you were not mixing broken glass into the grease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

well,
    any one got any ideas how can stop little brats acting the maggot on me wall?? its only the same couple the whole time but starting to gettin annoyin......

Tear down the wall. Its what seperates us. Man

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

go to paint store and buy paint that doesnt dry,wont come out of their clothes either,and its legal not like glass and grase,worked wonders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

O_O

use some insulating or masking tape.

works

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

why don't you offer them an hourly rate say a fiver to stay there guarding your property...... they'll cry off down to the LRC that your not offering them minimum wage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Go up to Farran Park and recover a loose Pitbull type dog from there and then set it upon them...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Grow a spikey fast growing bush long side the wall. Ok so you'll have to wait for it to grow up but it works.but to make it meet the height of a wall faster you could build up a high border against the wall. Very affective except when you have to maintain them because they're a balls to clean up after cutting. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Put a water sprinkler near where they hang out and turn it on everytime they arrive,soon get fed up of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You could also buy one of those sonic thingy me jigs, shops use to move on teenagers, it is only heard by young ears, we oldies lose the ability to hear such high frequencies , they do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I could be wrong but I know of a person who had a similar problem and he was told if he put glass/cement on the wall and if somebody hurt themselves by messing on the wall he could be held responsible if they put in a claim (somebody might be able to clarify this) so just be careful first before going down that road! Other than the grease/oil option you could look at getting those spikes (but again someone might be able to clarify this as I think u may need planning permission).

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Is it a high wall to the side or a front wall

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

wall is to the front of the house, not that high 3foot maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I could be wrong but I know of a person who had a similar problem and he was told if he put glass/cement on the wall and if somebody hurt themselves by messing on the wall he could be held responsible if they put in a claim (somebody might be able to clarify this) so just be careful first before going down that road! Other than the grease/oil option you could look at getting those spikes (but again someone might be able to clarify this as I think u may need planning permission).

I knew all of the little ***** that where hanging around my wall, so when I put glass and oil on it I went around to each one of their parents and showed them exactly what I was putting on it & why I was putting it there!! Needless to say little jimmy's face dropped when I showed up at his parents house and told them what he and his mates where getting up too and why I was putting it on the wall. To my surprise not one of them argued with me and actually agreed with me. Ever since then there has been no one near my wall and I still have a chat with alot the parents when I see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oooooh well that is a different story...forget the grease/paint/other messy suggestions. Prickly hedge behind the wall could be best solution - if a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Have you tried to befriend them,
    Had a similar problem a few years ok, spoke to them and asked them to move on while having a bit of banter with them.
    Worked well, most are just harmless kids looking for something to do,
    Others of course have horns and are bastard child's of Satan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yeah befriend the little feckers, cos all there after is a bad reaction and a chase and if ya be nice as pie to em it,ll confuse em as they possibly aint used to people being nice to em

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Take them down from the inside

Advertisement