Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads making allegations

• 21-02-2012 7:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I moderated a recent thread which made unfounded allegations. The thread was started by a one time poster and used an article quoted from a publication.

Boards is not the place to make allegations, unfounded or not. If you have information that something untoward has happened, please bring it to the attention of the relevant authorities. Don't post here about it, inviting speculation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

By the same argument about half the threads in the Politics forum should be shut down. They are generally making accusations and they are generally based on articles printed in publications.

I, frankly, fail to see the point of this forum if we're not allowed discuss actual important issues. Like, if you're serious about this rule, do you realize that this is a blanket ban on discussion of any scandal that occurs in student society? Because any scandal will, until proved (i.e. never, as it will never make it to a court), be an "allegation" and thus unfitting of discussion of Boards.ie.

I believe this should be reversed and the thread un-deleted. A blanket ban on criticism of student authority - which this in practice amounts to - is pretty untenable, in my opinion.

(If this is an inappropriate place to discuss this I will set up a Feedback thread; I didn't want to from the off as this is pretty specific to the UCC forum.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

UCC scandals are always so dry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement