Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody played this, what do you make of it?

I have it as a steam gift and don't know whether to trade it or keep it and play it. If I trade it it would be probably for portal 2 (as I want a second copy to try out co-op if that is worth it?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's pretty good. It's not at all very different from Escape From Butcher Bay, but that was a great wee game I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its good game, i need to get back to it as i newer finished it.

quite unique too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

I also agree. Its a good game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

might keep it so, sounds good. Not sure if trading for a few levels of co-op in portal 2 is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The original game is an absolute gem. It was criminally underated when released unfortunately. The Dark Athena expansion itself isn't as good though but its real worth comes from the fact that it allowed for the original game to get a slight make over. Definitely keep it and definitely play it basically. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it not a combo pack, as in you get Butcher Bay and Dark Athena in the one pack? Didn't think they were sold seperately.

Dark Athena was grand. Not amazing, but a bit of fun. Butcher Bay, on the other hand was great. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I went 2 minutes into the game and got fed up when I got to the first firefight and didnt know what to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I loved Butcher Bay but just couldn't get into this for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its fun enough mind you the pacing of it is mind boggling at times really feels like they thought this isn't the time to end the game right now and just decided to keep making it......feels more like 2 games shoved together

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Overheal wrote: »
    I went 2 minutes into the game and got fed up when I got to the first firefight and didnt know what to do :pac:

Lesson one: You probably shouldn't be trying to get into firefights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

ive recently started replaying butchers bay, its part of the DA game. its good, but i forgot how bloody mindlessly hard it is!

like when im sitting in the shadows, and then move briefly still in the shadows, nad all of a sudden every prison guard knows exactly where i am and shoots the shiv out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

folan wrote: »
    ive recently started replaying butchers bay, its part of the DA game. its good, but i forgot how bloody mindlessly hard it is!

like when im sitting in the shadows, and then move briefly still in the shadows, nad all of a sudden every prison guard knows exactly where i am and shoots the shiv out of me.
    Lesson two: Just because you're in the shadows doesn't mean guards can't hear and see you if you move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

gizmo wrote: »
    Lesson two: Just because you're in the shadows doesn't mean guards can't hear and see you if you move.
    well spotted ole chap.

unfortuantly, haveing beaten the game before, i am more than a bit aware of the mechanics of the game.

i was just pointing out the difficulty of the game. it makes it tough to move about, at times it feels as though you are moving through the game wearing bells.

Advertisement