Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare root season

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Is it coming to an end already ?
    I had hoped to put on some bare root laurel Paddys weekend but I don't know if they will still be available ?
    One of my trees has got a few leaves already ...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

km79 wrote: »
    Is it coming to an end already ?
    I had hoped to put on some bare root laurel Paddys weekend but I don't know if they will still be available ?
    One of my trees has got a few leaves already ...

We planted bare root hornbeams on the 1st of May last year.There were allready leafing,but they absolutely flew up.:D

Soil preperation and watering the bare roots has alot to do with it too.;)

Oh and look on Donedeal in the gardening section,and you will see loads of companies and nurseries selling all types of bare roots in small or large quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

We planted bare root hornbeams on the 1st of May last year.There were allready leafing,but they absolutely flew up.:D

Soil preperation and watering the bare roots has alot to do with it too.;)[/Quote]

The laurel I already have were planted bare root mid April 2 years ago and are flying it too !

What do you mean by soil preparation ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The laurel I already have were planted bare root mid April 2 years ago and are flying it too !

What do you mean by soil preparation ?[/QUOTE]

Quality of the soil,mixing in the likes of compost,manure or fertiliser pellets,as you plant the bare roots.Daily watering too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

paddy147 wrote: »

What do you mean by soil preparation ?

Quality of the soil,mixing in the likes of compost,manure or fertiliser pellets,as you plant the bare roots.Daily watering too.[/Quote]
    Thanks I do that alright. Compost mixed with farmyard manure and some good top soil. I don't have any chicken pellets at moment but will prob get some before then

Advertisement