Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

This is the problem with call centres! They're only able to access whatever information they have to hand and if that information's flawed / faulty they will be providing inaccurate information.

I wish they would just admit that they work from a data base and stop pretending that they're 'testing the line'.

im on-hold waiting for an agent so they say for 30 mins plus i want my upgrade im on the 24mb package at the moment

downloading will be like magic im so giddy

Langer wrote: »
    got the same problem @mclove , in Dooradoyle which is Phase 1 live, im 200m from a cab , told it would be Dec 2014 before i can get it!

dooradoyle in limerick ? oh no :( should i just hang up ill wait and see what happens sure there a box around the corner from me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Langer wrote: »
    got the same problem @mclove , in Dooradoyle which is Phase 1 live, im 200m from a cab , told it would be Dec 2014 before i can get it!

wtf!!!!! :eek:

dooradoyle in limerick ? oh no :( should i just hang up ill wait and see what happens sure there a box around the corner from me

madness!....its phase 1 ffs!!....so only roaches st enabled :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Just off the phone from Vodafone.

I signed up to Vodafone Home package which works out at 37 per month as I'm with Vodafone for my mobile. (http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/home/?ts=1369040273246)

I had to sign up to 24 month contract to get free installation and Modem. For a 12 month contract it would have cost 70 for these. I dont think this is a massive issue as I've been with them for years and haven't had any problems.

I didnt catch the fine detail but I think it is a 2 step process to get the fibre activated. Was told the whole lot would take about 15 days. I just got a text to say that I have an engineer coming on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed it will all be done then but I'd say I will be waiting a while after that.

madness!....its phase 1 ffs!!....so only roaches st enabled :rolleyes:

ah come on eircom its 2013 :mad:

edit

im been transfered there hope lol she said im able to upgrade

and im in dorroadoyle raheen limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In one way I'm surprised because they have had long to get things in order - on the other hand I aint because I know what a cowboy operation they are running and have for the 10-20 years

U just called Voda.....not avaiable at the Roaches St. exchange!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

:mad::rolleyes:

we apologize for the long delay with answering your call be asured that one of our representative will be with you as soon as possible

good thing this call is free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Sorry if i missed it but has anyone from Dundalk gotten Fibre yet?

just off the phone with eircom i got it tho i have to wait till thursday someone will call to my house to set it up and give me a new router its free i double check its all free

they will tell you can only get fibre if you go direct debit , this is a lie , was some chancer on the phone . i told him that i like to pay all my bills at the post office , he also told me he would let off as a one time only deal lol

im in raheen in limerick

just off the phone with eircom i got it tho i have to wait till thursday someone will call to my house to set it up and give me a new router its free i double check its all free

they will tell you can only get fibre if you go direct debit , this is a lie , was some chancer on the phone . i told him that i like to pay all my bills at the post office , he also told me he would let off as a one time only deal lol

im in raheen in limerick

So Raheen is good to go, but not Dooradoyle.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So Raheen is good to go, but not Dooradoyle.....:confused:

Its the same exchange :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

looks like i cant get 70MB, ill ring Vodafone later,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

im in raheen in limerick

Good for you to say no to the DD....that is just being over smart on the part of the salesman, but many would be intimidated by that. Personally I am never happy to give my bank details over the phone.

irishgeo wrote: »

:mad:

:(

vienne86 wrote: »
    Good for you to say no to the DD....that is just being over smart on the part of the salesman, but many would be intimidated by that. Personally I am never happy to give my bank details over the phone.

i hate DD.....but to get simply bb vodafone told me i had to agree to dd :(

i can only get 50mb how fast/slow it it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

irishgeo wrote: »

Are you in Castlebar too ? Just off with magnet and they said they only address they have in their database is lannagh court guess just have to wait for more addresses to be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi all,
    I am a smart telecom/ digiweb customer, they are very quiet this morning, no indication of any site update as to fibre options.

apophis :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Just been told for anyone interested that balbriggan and balrothery wont be going live until the 2nd of june

when you said good for you all i could think of was this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

apophis wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am a smart telecom/ digiweb customer, they are very quiet this morning, no indication of any site update as to fibre options.

Just signed up for efibre 54.95 package with digiweb.

Installer should be out in 10 - 15 days.

I'm on the church field exchange in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I am with Smart, under contract, rang Digiweb there. They are running with package that was posted earlier in the thread but the girl on the phone reckoned it will be looked at again. At them prices I couldnt justify switching over fibre or no fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I was told by Eircom on friday, by the third advisor I was speaking to during the call, that I could get efibre immediately. They wanted me to order but could not tell me what I'd be paying :confused:

I ring today and I'm told that it's not available in my area yet. On the eircom website I'm right in the middle of an available now green section of the map :mad:

Has anyone been successful in ordering while connected to the Douglas exchange?

I'm tempted to keep ringing until someone tells me what I want to hear, you can't trust what they are telling you over the phone or at the door..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi all,
    just like red bellied, i am a smart telecom customer, would rather stay as i am on a 29.95 euro 350GB dsl package than pay anywhere near those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

red_bairn wrote: »
    It could be sooner. They started there ages ago. They give those as estimations.
    Yeah I see on the map it has also* changed to may-june so fingers crossed it won't be too long of a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I am with Smart, under contract, rang Digiweb there. They are running with package that was posted earlier in the thread but the girl on the phone reckoned it will be looked at again. At them prices I couldnt justify switching over fibre or no fibre.

I'm in a similar situation. Under contract with Smart until November. Dont want to switch to Digiweb cause of their high prices. I wonder what it would cost me to just cancel my Smart contract now. Would I have to pay the full 6 months contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jewson

I just called Vodafone. They are upgrading me now and had to sign up for another 12 month contract.

They also charged me 29.95 for a VDSL modem.

Hopefully will be live by end of week.

Advertisement