Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zerks wrote: »
    If you live in the estate by the 'Tech then you're left waiting,that's the one where they have had to apply for wayleave to put a cab due to the objection.

The 5 cabs that are going live "within a week" are Shingaun,Bridgemeadow,Bellfield (Lidl),St.Johns Villas & one near Teagasc on the Old Dublin Rd.
    The nearest cabinet to me as far as I can see is the one on the corner at the Community workshop(opposite Mace). No sign of a vdsl box going in beside it yet. According to the trip on the car that makes my house 800m from the cabinet, using the manholes as a guide the cables seem to follow the road/footpath. Maybe I'm completely wrong and my estate is fed from a cabinet in Moran park. I tried asking our local Eircom engineer.....He hadn't a clue what I was talking about......Speak to a Pig.. you get a grunt...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jca wrote: »
    The nearest cabinet to me as far as I can see is the one on the corner at the Community workshop(opposite Mace). No sign of a vdsl box going in beside it yet. According to the trip on the car that makes my house 800m from the cabinet, using the manholes as a guide the cables seem to follow the road/footpath. Maybe I'm completely wrong and my estate is fed from a cabinet in Moran park. I tried asking our local Eircom engineer.....He hadn't a clue what I was talking about......Speak to a Pig.. you get a grunt...

The fibre is in place all along there,just no new cab yet opposite Mace.KN ran fibre all over the place and all that's left to be done is install all the cabs,hook them up & comission them.
    As I said there's just 5 that are urgent & I was told they'll be live in a week.

I'd love to see the speeds.. Push that needle around the scale baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

When somebody here does get eFibre throw up a speed test would like to see the speeds people are actually going to be getting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭irishgeo

briggy wrote: »
    When somebody here does get eFibre throw up a speed test would like to see the speeds people are actually going to be getting :)

ill do it monday, vodafone are posting out the modem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

irishgeo wrote: »
    i went with vodafone , simply broadband max , enginner is calling monday after lunch.

You lucky man! Cabinet near me doesn't seem to be enabled!

Please do... Make us all jealous:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

I signed up for eFibre online there yesterday and they said they will contact me to arrange somebody to come and set it up... Hope to be contacted before the weekend and have someone come in to set it up next week but might take a couple of weeks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

An Eircom rep called to my door so I siged up through him since he had the broadband only offers with him. €40 a month for 50mbps and unlimited download and 20mbps upload.

Said an engineer would call to get a time that suits. think if hear nothing by Monday I'll call the rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Just got the all clear to leave another provider who's speeds have been lacking. Checked with sitcoms site and can get up to 70mb fibre.
    Don't particularly want to use eircom.
    I hear magnet fat pipe seems attractive. Any views on this?
    Who else are providing this? I found UTV back in the day to be good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

CastorTroy wrote: »
    An Eircom rep called to my door so I siged up through him since he had the broadband only offers with him. €40 a month for 50mbps and unlimited download and 20mbps upload.

Said an engineer would call to get a time that suits. think if hear nothing by Monday I'll call the rep.

Eircom do a broadband-only package? Can't see that on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

CastorTroy wrote: »

I got quoted the same package by a rep at the door. That was 2 weeks ago now. I signed up there and then too.
    I called them yesterday and they said "we're only able to sell from today on" so my order for fibre wasn't officially in yet(although the order to move me to eircom was). A Back Office person has the order and would be placing it officially for fibre shortly and would then call me to schedule an appointment for the install.

So I'm thinking at least 1 week, if not 2-3 by the time they process it and schedule it before I actually get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

Eircom do a broadband-only package? Can't see that on their website.

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Part3.1.pdf

Bottom of page 2: "eFibre Standalone Broadband"

€35 for 50Mbps (30GB usage)
    €40 for 50Mbps (unlimited usage)
    €50 for 70Mbps (unlimited usage)

That's the total price for those products, no line rental applies (see note 2 on page 3 of the link above). However no phone service is supplied and no calls can be made (even to emergency services).

number_1 wrote: »
    http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Part3.1.pdf

Bottom of page 2: "eFibre Standalone Broadband"

€35 for 50Mbps (30GB usage)
    €40 for 50Mbps (unlimited usage)
    €50 for 70Mbps (unlimited usage)

That's the total price for those products, no line rental applies (see note 2 on page 3 of the link above). However no phone service is supplied and no calls can be made (even to emergency services).

Great, but Vodafone's broadband-only package is better... or at least I thought it was until I seen this:

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/services/#SimplyBroadband

Focus your attention on No. 7

14u3ch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi there number_1

I have to say i cannot see that offer for efibre broadband only @ 40 euro per month anywhere on the eircom website, can you put up a link from the site to show efibre BB only.
    thanks,

apophis :cool:

number_1 wrote: »
    [

Hmmm, strange. That was one thing I asked and was told I could still use my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Eircoms slowed to a crawl here in Letterkenny over the last 10 minutes. Do they do some kind of automatic line test? I ordered the eFibre again earlier.

apophis wrote: »
    Hi there number_1

I have to say i cannot see that offer for efibre broadband only @ 40 euro per month anywhere on the eircom website, can you put up a link from the site to show efibre BB only.
    thanks,

apophis :cool:

Yeah, I only saw the bundles on their site but the rep had the standalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

I phoned a friend who works in Eircom today and he told me that they have enabled all the cabinets that they are going to enable on each enabled exchange. He said it could be another year before they enable the rest of the cabinets on enabled exchanges.
    They are concentrating on getting exchanges uo and running, at the expense of the difficult parts of all the exchanges supposedly enabled yesterday.

Eircoms DNS seems to be completely down for me now, posting from the phone here lol
    Back up again, I did try the openDNS servers to no avail. Seems to have been localised because a friend of mine back in Donegal on eircom was still online. Do they look up the line stats on the modem or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Eircoms DNS seems to be completely down for me now, posting from the phone here lol

Use another DNS. ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭mobby

Eircom issues celbridge area last 30mins

I think its Google thats down. I got back to boards via the yahoo search page. Google not displaying at all..

jca wrote: »
    I think its Google thats down. I got back to boards via the yahoo search page. Google not displaying at all..

Everything was down for me, tried pinging boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Back up again, I did try the openDNS servers to no avail. Seems to have been localised because a friend of mine back in Donegal on eircom was still online. Do they look up the line stats on the modem or something?
    Had the exact same problem here in Waterford City. Open DNS didn't seem to work either.

Things seem to be fine now though.

All fine here too. I had DNS errors as well but it can't be Eircom in my case as I'm with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭phog

Lot's of tweets about Google and Gmail being down.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I had issues getting to certain websites, mostly google related ones. Doesn't look like DNS to me, more like a routing problem.

Google wasn't working on my mam's laptop, but it worked on my PC. We were using the same connection from Sky, too. Whatever's wrong, it's fixed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 sirione

im in drogheda, signed up to vodafone fibre on monday, engineer coming on thurs morn, hopefully be up and running quickly, will put up a speed test asap

Advertisement