Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If it was all Google sites it could be some kind of Google network issue rather than the ISP

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Everything was down for me, tried pinging boards.

2723170254.png

just now. Same as usual on my 8Mb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

briggy wrote: »
    When somebody here does get eFibre throw up a speed test would like to see the speeds people are actually going to be getting :)

EircomSpeedtest_zpsb893aab4.png

A bit disappointed with the upload tho :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

thisNthat wrote: »

Any wonder the net is down elsewhere - yer hoggin' it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

PhilMcGee wrote: »
    I phoned a friend who works in Eircom today and he told me that they have enabled all the cabinets that they are going to enable on each enabled exchange. He said it could be another year before they enable the rest of the cabinets on enabled exchanges.
    They are concentrating on getting exchanges uo and running, at the expense of the difficult parts of all the exchanges supposedly enabled yesterday.

Well that sucks big time for me and a lot of other people I'm guessing if true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're in Galway yet it says you're faster than 100% of Ireland? How are you faster than yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Lol eircom rated 5 stars. I call shopped :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Ping is too high for FTTH. Should've shooped that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

irishgeo wrote: »
    i went with vodafone , simply broadband max , enginner is calling monday after lunch.

Im wif digiweb but was thinking of Vodafone. Did u switch isp if so was the switch fast or is there 10 days waiting period and stuff???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

sirione wrote: »
    im in drogheda, signed up to vodafone fibre on monday, engineer coming on thurs morn, hopefully be up and running quickly, will put up a speed test asap

Please tell me how, as Drogheda exchange is apparantly weeks away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Please tell me how, as Drogheda exchange is apparantly weeks away

Are you sure it's the exchange that is weeks away and not a nearby cabinet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭irishgeo

GIMickey wrote: »
    Im wif digiweb but was thinking of Vodafone. Did u switch isp if so was the switch fast or is there 10 days waiting period and stuff???

i am with vodafone already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

red_bairn wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the exchange that is weeks away and not a nearby cabinet?

If it is just the local cabinet, they haven't been very clear on that. The cabinet is installed and has been for a while. The info i got from eircom is that there was still some work been done on the exchange itself. They really are not sure what is actually happening.

They said only 7 exchanges would be live in phase 1, drogheda was phase 2.

I have a feeling they are only bringing online those exchanges/cabinets where they are in direct competition with UPC. Im in Stameen and i can only get Eircom. Yes i could go with vodafone or sky, but they use the eircom infrastructure so no point really. Wireless has piss poor ping times so useless for gaming.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

If it is just the local cabinet, they haven't been very clear on that. The cabinet is installed and has been for a while. The info i got from eircom is that there was still some work been done on the exchange itself. They really are not sure what is actually happening.

They said only 7 exchanges would be live in phase 1, drogheda was phase 2.

I have a feeling they are only bringing online those exchanges/cabinets where they are in direct competition with UPC. Im in Stameen and i can only get Eircom. Yes i could go with vodafone or sky, but they use the eircom infrastructure so no point really. Wireless has piss poor ping times so useless for gaming.:(

As it has been said earlier, there are lots upon lots of cabinets to be commissioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Thanks man. This is on Matthew Hill right? I recognize the code after checking this morning.

Are you close to this? Have you signed up with anyone?

I'm about 500 meters from it, below in Manor farm. I haven't tried to sign up yet as I'm still in contract with Smart so waiting to see if Digiweb drop their prices.
    I'm also a bit worried because the entrance to my estate has one of the old cabinets so I don't know if I'll be able to connect to this new cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Apologies for contaminating the mapping thread. I didn't know this thread was here. Original post deleted with apologies.

===

Now that this eFiber product has gone live, I would like to see the T's & C's of the eircom eFiber business 70Mb product. I can't seem to find it on the Terms and Conditions page. Anyone got a link? Spefically to contract term duration, SLA etc.

RangeR wrote: »
    Apologies for contaminating the mapping thread. I didn't know this thread was here. Original post deleted with apologies.

===

Now that this eFiber product has gone live, I would like to see the T's & C's of the eircom eFiber business 70Mb product. I can't seem to find it on the Terms and Conditions page. Anyone got a link? Spefically to contract term duration, SLA etc.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think Eircom are spoofers!....there is no flippin fibre....they just want us to eat a healthy breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

So out of curiosity i call up eircom today and asked about the efiber, after a bit of checking it turns out it's available to me (after vodafone said it wasn't)... So i call up vodafone and their checking (after i mentioned eircom and cancellation fees :P)... have to wait for a call back.

I'm willing to break my new 12 contract just to get fiber if vodafone can't provide it.

I think Eircom are spoofers!....there is no flippin fibre....they just want us to eat a healthy breakfast!

All I eat is brown rice, brown bread and about 3 bowls of All-Bran a day, it's the fiber optic stuff I need to complete my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

That looks like residential packages/ No SLA's with them. Thanks anyway. Just found out the T's and C's are just the normal business broadband ones. No eFiber specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭chriss745

Did anyone get already an appointment in Ballincollig? I believe all the cabs and the exchange is ready, the cabs were labelled months ago. I was told and also based on the Eircom map too Ballincollig is alive, but still nothing. Neither me nor my friends got appointment for installation.

I am definitely on the list, yesterday I double checked with Magnet, I am the no. 1 on the list what they sent to Eircom. So what's going on? C'mon Eircom, what are you waiting for, I need VDSL now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 ian82

chriss745 wrote: »
    Did anyone get already an appointment in Ballincollig? I believe all the cabs and the exchange is ready, the cabs were labelled months ago. I was told and also based on the Eircom map too Ballincollig is alive, but still nothing. Neither me nor my friends got appointment for installation.

I am definitely on the list, yesterday I double checked with Magnet, I am the no. 1 on the list what they sent to Eircom. So what's going on? C'mon Eircom, what are you waiting for, I need VDSL now!
    I'm in Ballincollig also, signed up twice on monday just to be sure :) gave my bank details for dd and everything, still no callback for installation :(

ian82 wrote: »
    I'm in Ballincollig also, signed up twice on monday just to be sure :) gave my bank details for dd and everything, still no callback for installation :(

Thanks for the heads up, it seems there is a problem here. Hopefully it will be solved very soon, I will give you a ping if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sirione

im in newfield and all around this area seems to be ready to go, have a friend in yellowbatter and he can get it too

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

chriss745 wrote: »
    Did anyone get already an appointment in Ballincollig?

I'm on the Ballincollig exchange and I have an appointment for installation tomorrow morning. I'm an existing Vodafone customer. Signed up for fibre on Monday.
    Modem is in the post. Should be delivered today according to the tracking info.

Am a bit suspicious as it's all gone really smoothly so far . Will let ye know how I get on.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant "existing" not "exiting". One missing letter completely changing the meaning.

I just looked at Digiweb's prices. If they remain that high, there's no way I'm signing up at that rate!
    They're drastically higher than any of their competitors !

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/fibre

I'm thinking I might go with eircom VDSL only if that's available. It seems to be listed, but not on the website and then going with Blueface for calls.

We've a second line coming in, so what I might do is setup a new connection on the second line, with no voice and then port the number from the old Smart line over to Blueface.

Solair wrote: »
    I just looked at Digiweb's prices. If they remain that high, there's no way I'm signing up at that rate!
    They're drastically higher than any of their competitors !

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/fibre

I'm thinking I might go with eircom VDSL only if that's available. It seems to be listed, but not on the website and then going with Blueface for calls.

We've a second line coming in, so what I might do is setup a new connection on the second line, with no voice and then port the number from the old Smart line over to Blueface.

Would those lines not interfere with each other? I remember reading something about having copper lines around your house will interfere with one another.

I think it cause the noise margin to drop and that leads to disconnections.

ash_kay wrote: »
    I'm on the Ballincollig exchange and I have an appointment for installation tomorrow morning. I'm an exiting Vodafone customer. Signed up for fibre on Monday.
    Modem is in the post. Should be delivered today according to the tracking info.

Am a bit suspicious as it's all gone really smoothly so far . Will let ye know how I get on.

Hmm, so there is no problem with the Ballincollig exchange. So I don't understand why a few guys got appointment while others not.

Coming back from lunch I checked a bit the town. All the cabs are quiet but there is a big party inside the Exchange. I have seen 7 Eircom vans inside, but the lads were clearly boring. They were sunbathing on the vans.

• Advertisement

Would those lines not interfere with each other? I remember reading something about having copper lines around your house will interfere with one another.

I think it cause the noise margin to drop and that leads to disconnections.

Nope, they don't unless there's some kind of line fault / wiring fault in your house.

Once you get out to the street level there are 10s/100s of lines all in the same cable.

Advertisement