Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

All right - Comreg have imposed a 3 month moratorium on NGA E Fibre install's on Eircom - Which Will not allow Eircom to do E Fibre NGA install's outside normal business hour's including weekend's.
    This decision will be reviewed mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Has anyone in Grange /Frankfield area of the Douglas exchange been able to get eFibre ?

I rang Monday to yes to can get it so I ordered over the phone via 1800503303, I got a reference number and was told I would be contacted in two - three days regarding installation. I rang today as to enquire when install might take place and "now my line wont pass" and there is no order on the system.

I currently have NGB Regular 8MB , my modem currently sync's at 6144 KB/ 512KB. this is all the way back to the exchange. Has any one any idea what the fail criteria are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

All right - Comreg have imposed a 3 month moratorium on NGA E Fibre install's on Eircom - Which Will not allow Eircom to do E Fibre NGA install's outside normal business hour's including weekend's.

we knew that already, but whats the craic with only having 40% of cabs up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Just off the phone to Vodafone, ordered Vodafone home extra, €47 per month.
    Doing a self install as I already have a master socket, so just waiting on the router to be delivered.
    Line test returned 50 down 15 up
    Will be thrilled if I get those stats reckon 500-600m from cab
    Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I see nothing on comregs website about that...happen to have a link to hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

faganjr how can you do a self install when the engineer has to physically move the cable to the VDSL2 cabinet?? And check the wiring is suitable in the premises!!
    But if you can do it great. And what profile have they given you??

And how did you get hold of a master socket? Is it just that eircom socket that does away with filters? I have one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭FaganJr

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    faganjr how can you do a self install when the engineer has to physically move the cable to the VDSL2 cabinet?? And check the wiring is suitable in the premises!!
    But if you can do it great. And what profile have they given you??

And how did you get hold of a master socket? Is it just that eircom socket that does away with filters? I have one of those.

I have a eircom master socket with an RJ45 WAN port and an RJ11 POTS port. I was with UTV for phone and BB, was having issues last year and they ordered it through eircom for me.

Told this to Vodafone who said they look after back end so I'm good to go.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hmm, just checked my parents home, both the Eircom and Magnet line checker says they can get up to 70mb service, but the Vodafone checker says they can only get 24mb!!

Now I believe the Eircom/Magnet checker here as their is a VDSL cab right on the garden wall of my parents house (20 meters away) and it is in one of the enabled exchanges.

I see two other posters on this thread saying they have had similar results with the Vodafone line checker.

So is it a case that the Vodafone line checker is badly out of date?

Or is it a case that vodafone are sneakily trying to keep people on 24mb where they have LLU enabled exchanges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

PeadarB wrote: »
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/When-will-eFibre-be-available-in-Letterkenny/td-p/33334

Anyone in Letterkenny get a call from the techs to arrange an installation?

Not looking too good for some people in Letterkenny from the above link!!!

The story now seems to be that not all of the local cabs are enabled. As far as I am aware the cabinets in Letterkenny are sitting ready since before Christmas all around the town.

Or are they just expensive decorations?:confused:

I haven't been rung by the technician yet but I've supposedly got an appointment for the 30th in the morning. I live up the grange area if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

bk wrote: »
    Hmm, just checked my parents home, both the Eircom and Magnet line checker says they can get up to 70mb service, but the Vodafone checker says they can only get 24mb!!

Now I believe the Eircom/Magnet checker here as their is a VDSL cab right on the garden wall of my parents house (20 meters away) and it is in one of the enabled exchanges.

I see two other posters on this thread saying they have had similar results with the Vodafone line checker.

Or is it a case that vodafone are sneakily trying to keep people on 24mb where they have LLU enabled exchanges?

They're probably all BT LLU enabled as they're all big exchanges

• Advertisement

No - That's what customer service team's have been told - since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Why?

Are they making too much noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Flibbles wrote: »
    I haven't been rung by the technician yet but I've supposedly got an appointment for the 30th in the morning. I live up the grange area if that helps.
    I'm well down the road from The Grange, about 350 metres from the hospital. I got a confirmed order on the 17th April but it looks as though they "lost" it. I re-ordered on Monday but don't expect a connection any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bk wrote: »

The 24mb is the legacy figure from their Vodafone Simply Package,just ignore that.I'm getting the same figure,even CS were telling people that a few weeks ago.All change now with the new packages.

Spoke to Vodafone today & they think Enniscorthy will be up & running in June,the Eircom lads were missing today but KN are still around.

I woul't put too much store in these line checker's - like the prequal test's before - and that cab's are not enabled.Advice I would give is , if your service provider give's you an appt time - BE THERE - the install tech's will not wait for you to leave southern Australia or to deliver your grannies kitten's , have talked to tech's who have had their time wasted - they just will not have time to wait about.

Just posted by DavidJC on the E Fibre thread-- tnks to him.

Got upgrade this afternoon - Business premises.
    Friendly Eircom guy arrived on time.
    On Dun Laoghaire exchange. He said it was his first E-Fibre install so far.

Modem tall and flat. Looks nice. Very quick install. Guy replaced wall socket as standard to integrated filtered socket.

Speed test on Wifi 33mb down 15mb up (main concern is upload - faster than UPC). Likely 50mb down on Ethernet as advertised (no time to check earlier). Just a note - it comes with an A4 welcome page and very basic instructions. No mention of config address. This is 192.168.1.254 (I expected 192.168.1.1).

Installer had a Samsung tablet to test connection. Before he left, he showed me (stressed it was protocol) an eircom Youtube video to demonstrate connection in action and finally showed himself disconnecting and "forgetting" wifi network from his device. Good practice.

Very positive - after all these years I have something good to say about Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I woul't put too much store in these line checker's - like the prequal test's before - and that cab's are not enabled.Advice I would give is , if your service provider give's you an appt time - BE THERE - the install tech's will not wait for you to leave southern Australia or to deliver your grannies kitten's , have talked to tech's who have had their time wasted - they just will not have time to wait about.

Any idea when more cabs are going to get done in enabled exchanges? Sickened ours doesn't seem to be done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Just posted by DavidJC on the E Fibre thread-- tnks to him.

Got upgrade this afternoon - Business premises.
    Friendly Eircom guy arrived on time.
    On Dun Laoghaire exchange. He said it was his first E-Fibre install so far.

Modem tall and flat. Looks nice. Very quick install. Guy replaced wall socket as standard to integrated filtered socket.

Speed test on Wifi 33mb down 15mb up (main concern is upload - faster than UPC). Likely 50mb down on Ethernet as advertised (no time to check earlier). Just a note - it comes with an A4 welcome page and very basic instructions. No mention of config address. This is 192.168.1.254 (I expected 192.168.1.1).

Installer had a Samsung tablet to test connection. Before he left, he showed me (stressed it was protocol) an eircom Youtube video to demonstrate connection in action and finally showed himself disconnecting and "forgetting" wifi network from his device. Good practice.

Very positive - after all these years I have something good to say about Eircom!

Can you find out the name of that YouTube video?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Anyone know if the Dundalk main exchange is complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the first people are due to be connected tomorrow? Be interesting to see what speeds they get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

2725392583.png

brijay - you are officially the first to post an E Fibre speed test - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2725392583.png
    what area are you in ? = did you have too give blood to get this type of speed or sign over your life saving's?.

brijay wrote: »
    2725392583.png

That's significantly faster than 70mbit/s !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This sickens me when your stuck on a max of 24mb and upc is not around. :eek:

brijay - you are officially the first to post an E Fibre speed test - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2725392583.png
    what area are you in ? = did you have too give blood to get this type of speed or sign over your life saving's?.

Haha no it's 65 a month, Im in the trial area so I have had this about a year or so I'm suposed to get 150Mb but my laptop dosen't support it unfortunately :/

Haha no it's 65 a month, Im in the trial area so I have had this about a year or so I'm suposed to get 150Mb but my laptop dosen't support it unfortunately :/

So you're on actual fibre then i.e. fibre into your house?

Solair wrote: »
    So you're on actual fibre then i.e. fibre into your house?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Yes

You have that connection a year? I hate you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Is that because of your wireless card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

2725392583.png

Holy Moley.... Your upload is almost triple my average download:pac::pac:
    Yep I'm raging...:mad: Gis your address and wifi password, gwan gwan gwan... shur you'll never notice me outside..

Advertisement