Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

allen175 wrote: »
    Someone over in the eircom forum posted their before and after speedtests, ping stayed the exact same which is abit surprising.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056955715
    By the look of things here today it must have been the only friggin eircom connection they made this week.
    Sure as hell does not bode well for the rest of us. They have spent more time setting up Vodafone customers than their own:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

some serious issues with the address checker

also... getting 17-20 ms ping time to 8.8.8.8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 ian82

chriss745 wrote: »
    One more question, did you sign with Eircom or with which ISP? It looks like Vodafone customers will get the installation first.
    signed with eircom, got an appointment for the 11th june after re-ordering today and ringing them directly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

(SB should be here --- Better council than me have decided other wise - The Mod's on these Forum's have my greatest respect).
    Lamentably a lot do not read between what I Have typed over the last while - Eircom Has Changed - The new code of conduct has now been signed up too by all Eircom Staff.
    For the first time All OLO'S and WLR's are now on a level playing field (hate the terminology).
    All customer's of OLO's - WLR's - of Eircom are being treated EQUALLY.
    In other word's ,Eircom tech's will now resolve OLO/WLR Customer's broadband C.P.E issue's , WHERE we were not allowed to before by regulation - we can now - hth's 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

PeadarB wrote: »
    By the look of things here today it must have been the only friggin eircom connection they made this week.
    Sure as hell does not bode well for the rest of us. They have spent more time setting up Vodafone customers than their own:confused::confused:

Makes a change. For years eircom customers have been given preferential treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Sure they even change the voicemail message to an English accent for non-Eircom customers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

From an eircom pricing doc:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Conclusion... the 500GB limit only appears to be on the eFibre Business Professional package. So it does look like Eircom is offering "true" Unlimited broadband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

JUST IN CASE - There's any confusion about how the land lie's - I just posted this in responce to a query beyanth on the E Fibre thread - What do you want you want me to say - I',ve just about 6 mb where I am.
    Even when they put in my nearest cab - I hav't even looked at the disance - I'll wait and see like EVERYONE ELSE - What speed I can get .
    I have to Wait like Everyone else for E Fibre.
    My application is in there with your's and the service order will be spat out at random to a Customer Service Tech (like myself)to complete the order without Favour in the shortest possible time and to achieve the best possible speed result's we can for the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Even if all the cabinets were operational there would be a massive backlog of installs for the engineers. There is always people going to be waiting.
    Was a 4 month waiting list for the new fixed wireless provider at home but when I got it, the speeds were at least 10x better than the three stuff I had got instantly at a shop.
    At least the cabinet is there, commissioning isn't as much of a problem as digging up the street.

Of course, since I'm getting this on Monday, and my speed is already ok, I'm not going to be anywhere near as mad as those stuck on frankly cack speeds, for another unspecified amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ahh ffs had a look at the efibre roll out map and it looks like it stops just over 1km away from Ashford... Bollocks! it's not even on the schedule :( :mad:

946578_523423164385212_878594155_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Grim. wrote: »
    ahh ffs had a look at the efibre roll out map and it looks like it stops just over 1km away from Ashford... Bollocks! it's not even on the schedule :( :mad:

there's cabinets dotted around some areas that aren't marked on that map, i've seen a few myself. keep an eye on the crowdsource map, and keep an eye out for the install crews [KN / eircom]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

he's banned I think

Yep Spongebob did get banned.
    Solair wrote: »
    Sure they even change the voicemail message to an English accent for non-Eircom customers :D

Still I think the eircom voiceover is just blatent advertising for them really. They do get preferential treatment, they aren't meant to for anything wholesale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mr. G wrote: »
    Yep Spongebob did get banned.

Still I think the eircom voiceover is just blatent advertising for them really. They do get preferential treatment, they aren't meant to for anything wholesale.

My modem is at post office parcel depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sirione

2728299977.png

im in drogheda was connected yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

sirione wrote: »
    2728299977.png

im in drogheda was connected yesterday

Pretty much the worst we've seen, either you're quite a bit from the cabinet or the copper is badly degraded.

2728295888.png2728294364.png

speeds vary a bit ok, still a big improvement ok

not that far from the cabinet, must be bad copper ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

not that far from the cabinet, must be bad copper ok

Must be rate adaptive me thinks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

red_bairn wrote: »
    Must be rate adaptive me thinks. :)

or testing over wifi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So, 24th May, has anyone actually got the E-fibre from EIRCOM installed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Those pings are terrible. Ever since I went to sky bb my ping times have doubled from 15 ms to 30 ms which makes gaming impossible. The teenagers in the house aren't happy with me. I thought all would be perfect when fibre arrives, now I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

where in Drogheda are you?

ferpur wrote: »
    where in Drogheda are you?

Newfield estate, termonfeckin road

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

Newfield estate, termonfeckin road
    I do not get this they seem to be doing the north side of town first the south side of town has the slowest speeds you would think they would do that first:confused:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2728368631.png

http://speedtest.net/result/2728376083.png

speed seems to be more consistant when plugged directly into router, ping still crap but

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i spotted a new being cab installed in breaffy village outside castlebar today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How the hell is the ping so? That seems strange.

I think its time I make another call to Eircom - through the address checker I can get to the order page, where you fill in the details and press submit, however when I check via the phone number checker it doesnt allow me to go any further.

So if I select not an eircom customer, I can order it and I am an eircom customer, so cant even order it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭swoofer

sirione how far from cabinet and who are you with? And did they check the wires thoroughly? and did you get a profile name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

irishgeo wrote: »
    i spotted a new being cab installed in breaffy village outside castlebar today.

Interesting, I thought they had finished all they were going to do in castlebar 2 months ago....

Definitely Eircom?

Advertisement