Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

77GnlEZ.png

JRxgScq.png

Eircom are funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Manc Red wrote: »
    77GnlEZ.png

JRxgScq.png

Eircom are funny.
    Can you give me a link to that.
    Carlow is June to December 2013 I believe,
    So I'd love to check

Can you give me a link to that.
    Carlow is June to December 2013 I believe,
    So I'd love to check

They have updated the line checker. I think they are still working on it tho. Try tomorrow for a more accurate reading.

They have updated the line checker. I think they are still working on it tho. Try tomorrow for a more accurate reading.
    Thanks! I didn't realise they updated it since I last checked.
    I live between two VSDL cabs around 200/400 meters away respectively,
    I really hope they're connected to my house.
    Carlow is July to Dec not June to Dec as I had previously thought :/
    Thanks again!

Thanks! I didn't realise they updated it since I last checked.
    I live between two VSDL cabs around 200/400 meters away respectively,
    I really hope they're connected to my house.
    Carlow is July to Dec not June to Dec as I had previously thought :/
    Thanks again!

I'm the same distance away although I'm in a supposedly fibre enabled area but I still can't get it yet.

If I don't hear anything by Monday then an eircom worker will be getting an earful, god help them.

• Advertisement

I'm the same distance away although I'm in a supposedly fibre enabled area but I still can't get it yet.

If I don't hear anything by Monday then an eircom worker will be getting an earful, god help them.
    Eircom don't seem to be too organised in the way they're doing this rollout....
    Hopefully you'll get a ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

77GnlEZ.png

JRxgScq.png

Eircom are funny.

Where do you type in the phone number? I tried the eircom site and I got some proxy error.

Where do you type in the phone number? I tried the eircom site and I got some proxy error.
    You click on "Not an Eircom customer"
    Then on the pop-up, you click on
    "Use Phone Number" type in your dialling code, and it should say.
    So for me, (059) 91***** and then it says when it's expected to be upgraded!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi guys,
    I am on the rathedmond exchange in sligo, its supposed to be already fibre enabled, but i am getting conflicting results from checker s on different sites,
    Has anyone in sligo been fibre upgrade on the rathedmond exchange,
    thanks all,

apophis :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I just get you are not in a fibre enabled area despite being 500m from the exchange and within 300m of two cabinets in a live area (castlebar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

So my cabinet is enabled according to the eircom twitter guy. He said the address system needs to be updated. (two houses in the estate comes up on the checker and only one house in some estates nearby)

To quote him "The cabinet, facilitating the estate is connected to efibre. There are a few address that are showing eligible for the service. However some within the estate are not qualifying. This seems to be a systems / update issue."

So if the cabinet is enabled and updated surely I should still be able to get installed up and whatnot at this stage. I'm so annoyed as I'm only about 200 meters from the cabinet. Who knows they might never even update the checker with mine and several others addresses. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

who are you talking to on twitter ? seems to know more than most people.

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    who are you talking to on twitter ? seems to know more than most people.

Mark. Seems to be the most clued in.

Yeah I'm about 200 meters from one cabinet and 400-500 from another one in Castlebar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

Finical wrote: »
    Mark. Seems to be the most clued in.

Yeah I'm about 200 meters from one cabinet and 400-500 from another one in Castlebar too.
    when you put in your phone number does it say that its connected to fiber?

naughto wrote: »
    when you put in your phone number does it say that its connected to fiber?

Nope! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

Nope! :(
    same as that even though ive had the reps at the door telling that i could get it.

naughto wrote: »
    same as that even though ive had the reps at the door telling that i could get it.

Is a strange one really because according to the guy on twitter the cabinet is enabled for my estate and he said it's address system that needs to be updated. You would really think they would sort that out fast though when it seems to be missing a load of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Is a strange one really because according to the guy on twitter the cabinet is enabled for my estate and he said it's address system that needs to be updated. You would really think they would sort that out fast though when it seems to be missing a load of houses.

I'm sure I could sort out their database for them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

77GnlEZ.png

JRxgScq.png

Eircom are funny.

I get the same time frame for Drogheda. Drogheda is also a phase 1 enabled exchange.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Eircom have really made a complete and utter mess of this rollout. Instead of updaing the checker to make it more informative they have made it even more thick.

DROGHEDA exchange is due to be Fibre-enabled:

Our next Fibre plan will start in 2015

Despite the fact that Drogheda is 'Live'

MUPPETS! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Just got off the phone with VF. Was talking to a very nice and helpful girl. I'm all signed up for 18 months @ €37 a month. She's going to call back before COB today with an date for the engineer next week. Was only on hold for about 15 minutes. Can't wait! The days of 2mb down are soon to be over! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Engineer is at my house now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Flibbles wrote: »
    Engineer is at my house now :D
    I'm jealous

ugh time frame for enniscorthy is now back to july-december :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

Dear eircom we are not asking to be connected straight away (but that would be nice) but we are asking for more accurate information as in
    What cabs are live?
    Where they are?
    When will cabs be enabled in live areas?
    Is this to much to ask?

I going to put this on my thread http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056959687/1#post84835791 in the eircom forum I would like as many people as possible to do the same maybe we can put them under some pressure

ferpur wrote: »
    Dear eircom we are not asking to be connected straight away (but that would be nice) but we are asking for more accurate information as in
    What cabs are live?
    Where they are?
    When will cabs be enabled in live areas?
    Is this to much to ask?

I going to put this on my thread http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056959687/1#post84835791 in the eircom forum I would like as many people as possible to do the same maybe we can put them under some pressure

Just got a call from the wife. The lads have just arrived at the stameen cab and there also seems to be someone at the Wheaton Hall cab also. So there may well be more of the KN lads around elsewhere in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

Just got a call from the wife. The lads have just arrived at the stameen cab and there also seems to be someone at the Wheaton Hall cab also. So there may well be more of the KN lads around elsewhere in Drogheda.

I will walk up and ask if they have any info:)

Hopefully all cabs in Drogheda will be done by end of phase 1, whenever that is. Still not expecting to be able to upgrade for a few weeks yet, but atleast they have started to show their faces. At least for me anyway. ;)

Hopefully he'll be receptive to answering some questions!! Ask about Five Oaks if you can please?

Hopefully all cabs in Drogheda will be done by end of phase 1, whenever that is. Still not expecting to be able to upgrade for a few weeks yet, but atleast they have started to show their faces. At least for me anyway. ;)

For some of us we don't even know what Cab we are on if any!! I'm sure an engineer would be able to answer that question!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

LFCFan wrote: »
    For some of us we don't even know what Cab we are on if any!! I'm sure an engineer would be able to answer that question!!

You love your exclamation marks, don't ya!!!

I saw KN lads doing some work on a ESB box beside a VDSL cab nearby to my estate.

Advertisement