Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ampolo

Still no sign of my area on the efibre address checker at all.

The map says May to June though.

They should at least delete the May bit LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

In mullingar area. Just got it installed. Asked to for 70mb, I assumed that's what was being installed; apparently not. 3 cabs around me, all about 300 metres away.

Here is my speed now:-

2751465631.png

This is a wireless test result. Though the wired result is very similar.

Boards.ie ping:-

Pinging boards.ie [89.234.66.107] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.107: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=60

Ping statistics for 89.234.66.107:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 80ms, Average = 38ms

Google.ie ping:-

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

The Churchfield exchange went live today, all addresses are now added to the online address checker.

Ordered with Digiweb went through so expecting a text in the next few days with an install date.

Cork981 wrote: »
    The Churchfield exchange went live today, all addresses are now added to the online address checker.

Ordered with Digiweb went through so expecting a text in the next few days with an install date.

Did you get a better deal than their prices on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Ampolo wrote: »
    Did you get a better deal than their prices on the website?

No, stuck it contract with them on a metro package until November so had to choice but to stay with them.

To be honest i'm not to bothered with the 54.95 package with unlimited calls.

200gb should be more than enough to suit me.

• Advertisement

I'm with smart but I'm out of contract. They were very good value but the Digiweb Fibre packages are way too expensive. They're pricing themselves out of the market. First time I've ever seen another company coming with a higher price than eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Droguser

had efiber installed today

getting

2751579820.png

nice low pings, 800M from cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

@Liamario, if you ask the engineer what the cabinet has been switched on for they may say 50 or 70mb but at 300m and on rate adaptive it should be close to 70mb . It may go faster as its settles down.

still very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

now thats useful as I am about same distance from cabinet. those pings are nice, mind you are with eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Droguser

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    now thats useful as I am about same distance from cabinet. those pings are nice, mind you are with eircom.

the supplied router is not bad, i thought id need to buy a more advanced router and put it in bridging mode, however i can create the firewall and nat rules so no need to get another router.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I'll bother if it's only 28mbit or so.

Seems a bit pointless. I'd say I'll see if I can pick up upc

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    @Liamario, if you ask the engineer what the cabinet has been switched on for they may say 50 or 70mb but at 300m and on rate adaptive it should be close to 70mb . It may go faster as its settles down.

still very impressive

He was a sub contractor with KN, and said that any issues I have I should contact Eircom. I'll do another test when I get back and then give eircom a shout if no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

It's been over two weeks since launch and I'm still unable to get Fibre broadband. I'm on the Letterkenny exchange which was/is meant to be "Now available". Apparently not in my case.

Is there anyone else in a "Now available" area that are still unable to get Fibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Manc Red wrote: »
    Is there anyone else in a "Now available" area that are still unable to get Fibre?

I am... (Tralee)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yep. I'm on the Drogheda Exchange. I did some research this morning. As far as i can tell, every estate bar 5 have been upgraded to Fibre. Guess which group i fall into. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Oh yes and about 5 estates around me as well in Castlebar. I've seen the eircom sales person in the estate a good while back too.

Also was talking to eircom mark on twitter and he said the cabinet I'm connected to is up to date and enabled. He said it's an address system checker fault and they've sent samples or something to try update it. :confused:

Makes me wonder will they ever update that checker. I'm between two cabinets both less than 300m away.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

gazzamc wrote: »
    I am... (Tralee)
    Just south of Blennerville. "Green to Go" according to Eircom. Vodafone line check says my line is good for "Up to 70MB". Got a pizza shaped mailer from VF telling me Fibre broadband is being delivered. Rang VF - they said my line was only good for 1MB:(
    PS: Nearest cab 2.2km away in Blennerville village.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Just south of Blennerville. "Green to Go" according to Eircom. Vodafone line check says my line is good for "Up to 70MB". Got a pizza shaped mailer from VF telling me Fibre broadband is being delivered. Rang VF - they said my line was only good for 1MB:(
    PS: Nearest cab 2.2km away in Blennerville village.

I have a cab only 200M away... another 2 within a KM.. Yet i still can't get it.. The Roll out is a pure joke... If your going to Enable a Town at least enable it all..

It seems I can only get 50, but I was paying for the 70mb efibre ultimate package. I'm happy enough with the 50mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

It's been over two weeks since launch and I'm still unable to get Fibre broadband. I'm on the Letterkenny exchange which was/is meant to be "Now available". Apparently not in my case.

My mate in Whitethorn Park (near Cross Lane) in Drogheda was told that he'd get an installation the week that they started...he said "it'll be installed in 2 weeks" (from friday last).
    ill have a secret camera hidden up me arse.

He's gonna scope them out for me. :D

Whoa, ...just looking at the Wholesale documentation and came across p.85 in this pdf. :eek:

The NGA profiles are on p.94...(that's the distances for those who are interested).

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

check this out I am so angry that I do not know how to reply
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056959687/2#post84916708

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

red_bairn wrote: »
    The NGA profiles are on p.94...(that's the distances for those who are interested).

Reading this, it looks like Vodafone might be putting everyone on the rate adaptive profile, while Eircom is using the stable profile.

Eircom might be more interested in using the stable profile as it would help when they launch the IPTV product on it.

bk wrote: »
    Reading this, it looks like Vodafone might be putting everyone on the rate adaptive profile, while Eircom is using the stable profile.

Eircom might be more interested in using the stable profile as it would help when they launch the IPTV product on it.

Well I'd suggest my dad goes with the stable profile because we are probably 500-600m away from the cabinet and most likely he'll want to go with the tv service if it is all cheaper in a bundle. Currently he's paying 50 for tv with chorus (UPC).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

ferpur wrote: »
    check this out I am so angry that I do not know how to reply
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056959687/2#post84916708

It's like pulling your hair out.

They won't have any info to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Liamario wrote: »
    In mullingar area. Just got it installed. Asked to for 70mb, I assumed that's what was being installed; apparently not. 3 cabs around me, all about 300 metres away.

Here is my speed now:-

2751465631.png

This is a wireless test result. Though the wired result is very similar.

Boards.ie ping:-

Google.ie ping:-

Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 80ms, Average = 3ms
    Nice speeds, you're not in the ardilaun area are you?, hoping my speeds will be similar

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't expect TV bundled prices to be different from UPC/Sky, specially not for sports and movies.

The prices are pretty heavily influenced by the TV companies.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Nice speeds, you're not in the ardilaun area are you?, hoping my speeds will be similar

Bellview Heights.

• Advertisement

I've just worked something out. I live on a private (family) lane way. The two estates either side of us can get fibre broadband yet non of us on our lane can get fibre.

This would mean the nearest cabs should be live. I know my closest one would be serving two estates and then the cab going in the other direction should be serving two-three estates in the other direction which all can get fibre broadband.

Why would this happen? It seems we're now the only homes in the area that can't get it.

Advertisement