Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Tonio wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on Midleton?.
    A vodafone sales rep called to me the other day. According to him, they'll go live in Midleton in the next week or two. Sales rep though, so take that with a fair amount of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Is the V9.0 June 2013 version of the eircom NGA Deployment Plan spreadsheet still the only one available?

Has an updated copy come out?

If not, is it much use ringing eircom to ask if they've a date on when an installed cab will get commissioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Nope, I've found they don't know anything about anything really when you ring them up.

We ordered our e-fibre on the 14th of July and they haven't even given us an order number or an appointment yet.

I knew I was being over-optimistic! They seem to enjoy leading customers up the garden path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Nope, I've found they don't know anything about anything really when you ring them up.

We ordered our e-fibre on the 14th of July and they haven't even given us an order number or an appointment yet.

I knew I was being over-optimistic! They seem to enjoy leading customers up the garden path.

A squeaky wheel gets no oil, I plan on making a nuisance of myself until they install it when available, Eircom have already caused me enough grief in the past anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 density

Cabinets are in a few months in Newbridge , still nothing doing ,

frustrating driving by them every evening and knowing there not activated ,

I think one or two may be in the centre of town but none out my way :mad:

There a few over by Liffey Hall, Curragh Grange, Beechmount and Greenmount - all near the Green Road side of town - that have the stickers attached, if that's what you mean by activated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

density wrote: »
    There a few over by Liffey Hall, Curragh Grange, Beechmount and Greenmount - all near the Green Road side of town - that have the stickers attached, if that's what you mean by activated.

Yeah thats what I mean ,

I got our residents association here in the estate to send out an email months ago for everyone to register there interest ,

There is two Kilbelin Estates in Newbridge and I noticed there bloody cab has the yellow sticker and not ours , its the only estate along the Athgarvan road which seems to be live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I've noticed the Yellow Stickers don't really seem to mean much.

Two friends of mine are on cabinets in Cork that are totally unmarked and they've e-fibre for the last few weeks in their houses.

They might be an indication of some kind of activity, but there are plenty of commissioned cabs without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

VF sales rep came to my door about 3 weeks ago, asked about fibre bb coming to the area (which I know is soon as cabinets are in) and she didn't have a notion, didn't really know anything about fibre....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I've noticed the Yellow Stickers don't really seem to mean much.

Two friends of mine are on cabinets in Cork that are totally unmarked and they've e-fibre for the last few weeks in their houses.

They might be an indication of some kind of activity, but there are plenty of commissioned cabs without them.
    I agree with you on this yellow stickers baloney. Personally I think its the usual Eircom half assed disorganised mess. Enniscorthy has plenty of cabinets installed, some are powered and most aren't. No house has fibre yet:mad:. Some cabinets are there since April.... Its a joke of a rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Got a call from Vodafone yesterday re renewing my contract. I said that I would wait till Fibre becomes available. The nice lady checked my line & said that my line could only handle 1MB & that Fibre wasn't available yet on my line (though both the Eircom Map & Vodafone line check say I can now get it). She said that there was nothing planned yet for my line but it might take a while - though not FIVE years :eek::(:mad: Dunno where she pulled that five year figure out of but it left me speechless to such an extent I couldn't even structure a response or a question & ended the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Got a call from Vodafone yesterday re renewing my contract. I said that I would wait till Fibre becomes available. The nice lady checked my line & said that my line could only handle 1MB & that Fibre wasn't available yet on my line (though both the Eircom Map & Vodafone line check say I can now get it). She said that there was nothing planned yet for my line but it might take a while - though not FIVE years :eek::(:mad: Dunno where she pulled that five year figure out of but it left me speechless to such an extent I couldn't even structure a response or a question & ended the call.

Do you know what exchange you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

red_bairn wrote: »
    Do you know what exchange you are in?
    Not sure if I'm hooked up to the main Tralee exchange or Killerisk (which is probably nearer but according to the Eircom map is not yet live).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Anyone have any info on the exchanges in Tipperary Town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

There are no cabinets yet mapped for Tipp Town.
    "Tipperary
    Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is Winter 2013/14"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Tipp town will have 15 cabs and listed for Nov 2013.
    MURGASTY Road, TIPPERARY
    CANON HAYES Park, TIPPERARY
    OBRIEN Street, TIPPERARY
    ODUFFY Terrace, TIPPERARY
    STATION Road, TIPPERARY
    ROSANNA Road, TIPPERARY
    JAMES CONNOLLY Park, TIPPERARY
    BARRONSTOWN, TIPPERARY
    DAVIS Street, TIPPERARY
    JCTN MICHAEL ST & MITCHELL ST, MICHAEL COLLINS ROW DUNGARVAN Road, Clonmel
    O/S POST OFFICE, DAVIS Street, TIPPERARY
    BREEN Court, TIPPERARY
    KnockINRAWLEY, TIPPERARY
    ROSSMORE Village, TIPPERARY
    AN DUICHE SCALAHEEN, TIPPERARY

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Any updates for Monaghan town?

Any updates for Monaghan town?

29 cabs for Monaghan. Most listed as live from July.
    Others from August and October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kaizersoze wrote: »
    29 cabs for Monaghan. Most listed as live from July.
    Others from August and October.
    Do you know when Enniscorthy is going live?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Could I also ask when Wicklow Town is due to go live?

jca wrote: »
    Do you know when Enniscorthy is going live?
    jspuds wrote: »
    Could I also ask when Wicklow Town is due to go live?

PM your email address and I'll send you the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Judging from the Excel Sheet that we got :P i would check for efibre in Dundalk on Thursday or Friday this week.

Rumor is the Ready for Order date on the exchange is this Thursday for Dundalk if you are connected to a new cabinet

Is this still maybe the case? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

Any word on Whitehall exchange? Eircom map shows July to September, but no cabinets popping up in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Is this still maybe the case? :o

The RFO date for Dundalk is 1st of August 2013 yeah according to the Spreadsheet dated June 2013 which is the latest version we have so we don't know if there have been changes since

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Can the original source of the eircom spreadsheet give us the latest version?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Been trying to get information for Donabate, I'm on the mainstreet, cant find anything concrete anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    The RFO date for Dundalk is 1st of August 2013 yeah according to the Spreadsheet dated June 2013 which is the latest version we have so we don't know if there have been changes since

Do you have a list of cabinets for Dundalk and a possible go live date ?

All the cabinets I've seen looked finished and have the yellow sticker on them for at least 1 month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭allen175

TheDoc wrote: »
    Been trying to get information for Donabate, I'm on the mainstreet, cant find anything concrete anywhere

Donabate has been live for over a month now, so if you are living on the main street close to the cab you should be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

allen175 wrote: »
    Donabate has been live for over a month now, so if you are living on the main street close to the cab you should be able to get it.

Contacted Magnet there who have outlined its not available and nothing planned for next 28 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Do you have a list of cabinets for Dundalk and a possible go live date ?

All the cabinets I've seen looked finished and have the yellow sticker on them for at least 1 month

I have the spreadsheet if you wanna pm me your email address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

K&N vans seen starting the fibre cabling in Bandon in Cork this morning, no sign of any cabs yet.

Advertisement