Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Anybody know when the rokmount exchange outside ennis will be commissioned?
    Cabinet in place for a while slrready and eircom eebsite showing july-sept.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hensch

anyone know how many and where both the VDSL and the non (old cabs) VDSL cabinets are located in Portrane?

All my neighbors have fiber but Eircom claims my cabinet has not been upgraded yet

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

hensch wrote: »
    anyone know how many and where both the VDSL and the non (old cabs) VDSL cabinets are located in Portrane?

All my neighbors have fiber but Eircom claims my cabinet has not been upgraded yet

I think that Portrane is probably on the Donabate exchange and the cabinets I heard about and are all ready for orders since May are

Portrane, (Oppsite Hospital),
    Corballis - Donabate,
    The Strand / Portrane Road - Donabate,
    Beaverstown Orchard - Donabate,
    Viking Green - Turvey Drive - Donabate,
    Beverton Court - Donabate,
    Beverton Drive - Donabate,
    Somerton - Donabate (Access Road),
    Barnewall Avenue - Donabate (Oppsite #1/3)
    Main Street / Balcarrick Road - Donabate
    Cois Inbhir - Donabate (Oppsite #34 / Back of estate)
    Beverton Meadows - Donabate (Entrance wall / side #1)

Thx pg17 for answering on both my threads :)

the cabinet that is located less then 100 m from my house is the one opposite the Hospital entrence. DBT1_001
    pg17 wrote: »
    I think that Portrane is probably on the Donabate exchange and the cabinets I heard about and are all ready for orders since May are

Portrane, (Oppsite Hospital),
    Corballis - Donabate,
    The Strand / Portrane Road - Donabate,
    Beaverstown Orchard - Donabate,
    Viking Green - Turvey Drive - Donabate,
    Beverton Court - Donabate,
    Beverton Drive - Donabate,
    Somerton - Donabate (Access Road),
    Barnewall Avenue - Donabate (Oppsite #1/3)
    Main Street / Balcarrick Road - Donabate
    Cois Inbhir - Donabate (Oppsite #34 / Back of estate)
    Beverton Meadows - Donabate (Entrance wall / side #1)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

No luck with Dundalk as of yet.
    Called eircom this morning, same old story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No luck with Dundalk as of yet.
    Called eircom this morning, same old story!
    What did they tell you, I've gotten 4 stories from them so far, no one in Eircom seem to know what's going on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

hellboy99 wrote: »
    What did they tell you, I've gotten 4 stories from them so far, no one in Eircom seem to know what's going on :rolleyes:

tumblr_lrk6x25XVU1qecbloo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Had a rep from eircom at the door earlier. Enniscorthy is supposed to go live on the 28th of this month. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I have just completely given up on them. Put in an order on the 14th and so far no updates whatsoever. We've an order number and a new account but no appointment.

Honestly, I would say if you're in an area that has UPC, go with it instead!

I don't have the available time to keep chasing up this order!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mark Spilane

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I have just completely given up on them. Put in an order on the 14th and so far no updates whatsoever. We've an order number and a new account but no appointment.

Honestly, I would say if you're in an area that has UPC, go with it instead!

I don't have the available time to keep chasing up this order!

I know some people who ordered new phone lines and then they cant get fibre on them. Eircom arent bothered to investigate their lines either, even though next door could have fiber installed already.

I know one guy who went to Comreg. He complained that he changed over to Eircom because of the "Free upgrade to fiber when it comes to your area" offer.
    Eircom kept telling him that it wasnt available to him. He gave them next doors number and said they had it so it was "in his area", so Eircom have an obligation to upgrade him to fiber and investigate his phone line and fix it so that it takes fiber.
    Eircom didnt have a leg to stand on so they had to send an engineer out yesterday to look at his line. They found that the line down the road from him was in bits and thats why it failed the test. They had to repair it and he now has fiber.
    Until he complained to Comreg Eircom just kept stone walling him and not helping at all.

The drones wouldnt put him through to someone who could actually solve the problem.
    "Computer says no" was all that they would say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I know some people who ordered new phone lines and then they cant get fibre on them. Eircom arent bothered to investigate their lines either, even though next door could have fiber installed already.

I know one guy who went to Comreg. He complained that he changed over to Eircom because of the "Free upgrade to fiber when it comes to your area" offer.
    Eircom kept telling him that it wasnt available to him. He gave them next doors number and said they had it so it was "in his area", so Eircom have an obligation to upgrade him to fiber and investigate his phone line and fix it so that it takes fiber.
    Eircom didnt have a leg to stand on so they had to send an engineer out yesterday to look at his line. They found that the line down the road from him was in bits and thats why it failed the test. They had to repair it and he now has fiber.
    Until he complained to Comreg Eircom just kept stone walling him and not helping at all.

The drones wouldnt put him through to someone who could actually solve the problem.
    Fair play to him.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

In this case, the order's been accepted but I suspect there's something not quite ready at the cabinet or something.

They processed everything, gave us a new account number and order number but no appointment for an installation.

Basically been told it should be available july-sept.
    Same info as the online checker.
    But...... Later today at work I got talking to an eircom engineer who is actually on the same vdsl cab as me! He said the exchange is ready but we wont get fibre until the end of the month unfortunately!!
    Im going to keep checking online everyday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

But...... Later today at work I got talking to an eircom engineer who is actually on the same vdsl cab as me! He said the exchange is ready but we wont get fibre until the end of the month unfortunately!!

It's possible that the next phase launch is at the end of August for those waiting on the July to September exchanges.

Im in that same situation, been trying to explain to the people on the phone that "it is already in my area" to no avail, so trying a graphical approach now as you can see in the linked thread. Feels like im on my final push with the Eircom reps here on boards.ie if that doesn't solve it then i dont know what to do.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057004344

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Vodafone have told me next 2 to 3 weeks, Eircom are saying anytime now till December to not availableat all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Exact same situation as me.
    Neighbors have Fiber installed already. I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months. They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that. I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house. There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away then me and got Fiber installed.I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it. He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No" is right.

What can I do? They wont help me at all. I dont know how else I can get them to understand. I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.

Vodafone have told me next 2 to 3 weeks, Eircom are saying anytime now till December to not availableat all :confused:

Eircom have told you it might not be available at all in Dundalk? What a load of sh1t on their part!!
    Maybe not available in certain parts but it will be available probably to the more dense areas as thats where the money is..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Exact same situation as me.
    Neighbors have Fiber installed already. I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months. They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that. I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house. There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away then me and got Fiber installed.I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it. He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No" is right.

What can I do? They wont help me at all. I dont know how else I can get them to understand. I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.

Only thing I can suggest is to get on to the phones dept and tell them your phone is really noisy when it rains and insist they send somebody out to check it. Then hope to feck you can convince the field guy to hang a new one(he'll need to come back with a second lad).

ED E wrote: »
    Only thing I can suggest is to get on to the phones dept and tell them your phone is really noisy when it rains and insist they send somebody out to check it. Then hope to feck you can convince the field guy to hang a new one(he'll need to come back with a second lad).

It is noisy when it rains, but they wouldnt do anything about that either. Kept saying they were testing it from their end and it was fine. They wouldnt even send someone out. Is there any such thing as an engineer i can hire myself to fix this. Big money for someone who fixes it.

• Advertisement

Jebus H Chroist! !!!! everyone's experience here regarding eFibre is making me consider switching to SKY for the year until Eircom sort out this mess. I wonder if returning as a New Customer would speed up installation as they seem to treat existing customers like dirt!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Jebus H Chroist! !!!! everyone's experience here regarding eFibre is making me consider switching to SKY for the year until Eircom sort out this mess. I wonder if returning as a New Customer would speed up installation as they seem to treat existing customers like dirt!

I am a returning customer.
    Vodafone were stone walled by Eircom so couldnt sort it out and give me fiber.
    I rang Eircom and they told me to switch to them and they could then look at the line and the usual promise of "A free upgrade tp eFiber when it comes to your area". So I did switch. I consider next door to be "My area" so its in my area. But I cant get past the idiots who answer the phone, and on to someone who actually has a brain and some kind of effort in them to help sort out the problem.

All it takes is someone to look at the line and find where the fault is, but they wont even do that. Not even when offered €1000 to do it.

I am a returning customer.
    Vodafone were stone walled by Eircom so couldnt sort it out and give me fiber.
    I rang Eircom and they told me to switch to them and they could then look at the line and the usual promise of "A free upgrade tp eFiber when it comes to your area". So I did switch. I consider next door to be "My area" so its in my area. But I cant get past the idiots who answer the phone, and on to someone who actually has a brain and some kind of effort in them to help sort out the problem.

All it takes is someone to look at the line and find where the fault is, but they wont even do that. Not even when offered €1000 to do it.

I was thinking of returning as a customer whom has ordered efibre not being promised an upgrade and if they do not fulfill my order then go to comreg with a clear case of them not fulfilling a contract? Just an idea of mine :rolleyes:

Sales seem to be prioritized over servicing customers in these places!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I was thinking of returning as a customer whom has ordered efibre not being promised an upgrade and if they do not fulfill my order then go to comreg with a clear case of them not fulfilling a contract? Just an idea of mine :rolleyes:

Sales seem to be prioritized over servicing customers in these places!

Thats what I am going to try next.

Their website says this "Get the fastest broadband speed available for your home FREE for 6 months with eircom broadband Advanced, when bundled with home phone for a promotional price of €30 a month. Then get a FREE upgrade to eFibre, unlimited superfast fibre broadband when it comes to your area."

So does their phone message when you call them.

I assume that constitutes a contract that they have to honor and COMREG should force them to honor it. If your next door neighbors have it along with others all around your area then it is definitely by definition available "in your area"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you 100% sure you and your neighbour are on the same cab? Just because you're next door doesnt mean you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It is noisy when it rains, but they wouldnt do anything about that either. Kept saying they were testing it from their end and it was fine. They wouldnt even send someone out. Is there any such thing as an engineer i can hire myself to fix this. Big money for someone who fixes it.
    That is disgraceful, eircom are completely ignoring their obligations. You can start with a formal complaint, and then escalate this to ComReg, who will be required to take action when you've made a proper complaint with Eircom.

It's important to lodge a complaint first though!

That is disgraceful, eircom are completely ignoring their obligations. You can start with a formal complaint, and then escalate this to ComReg, who will be required to take action when you've made a proper complaint with Eircom.

It's important to lodge a complaint first though!

Yeap!!! Treat yourself as a business and do everything by the numbers then Eircom will not have a leg to stand on! Last thing Eircom will want is large volumes of Comreg complaints and media write ups about a botched roll out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Well, Eircom completely screwed me over. I was on Magnet and called them to see about upgrading to Fatpipe as I'm on the supposedly "efibre enabled" Coolock exchange and there are a few VDLS cabs about(I'm within 1k of two cabs but the one in my half of the estate was never actually installed just a planning notice on the old one, so I was skeptical about its availability). Magnet said it wasn't available, so that was that. Then about two weeks later I called Eircom to see why it wasn't available and the lad on the phone was adamant it actually was. Great! I asked him why Magnet couldn't do it and he said "Oh. they wouldn't have it there yet"

Grand. So I agreed to switch over to Eircom, asking several times was he sure I could actually get efibre and explained about how the VDSL cab wasn't installed to which his reply was "100%, I wouldn't even say it if it wasn't". He then said I'd be switched to NGB and then I could call to get the engineer out to intall the equipment for efibre and the switch would take 10 days max to get connected to NGB with no disruption in service.

About 2 weeks later my internet and phone went completely, I rang them to ask what the story was. Apparently my order had been messed up somehow and there was going to be another 10 days....with no service but they were adamant they hadn't disconnected me and said Magnet must have. I called Magnet and they said they hadn't a clue what happened to it and they had received no contact from Eircom about it. Anyway, another week later, Eircom finally admitted they had prematurely disconnected the line but it would take another week to reconnect and in return offered a free moth's line rental.

So, two weeks total with no phone or internet, the line was finally reconnected. So, then I ring up to see about getting the engineer out to connect the efibre. And then the woman tells me "Sorry, efibre is not available in your area and we have no date for if or when it ever will be". I explained that the original guy had many times 100% guaranteed me it was and was told that he shouldn't have said that and they don't know where he got that information but it was 100% wrong.

They even had the cheek to send me a bill after all this, which I might add included line rental that I was meant to have free that month. Needless to say that will not be paid. I'm livid over this. I have contacted Comreg but what else can I do. The guy obviously wanted a sale and gave me false information to entice me to switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Well, Eircom completely screwed me over. I was on Magnet and called them to see about upgrading to Fatpipe as I'm on the supposedly "efibre enabled" Coolock exchange and there are a few VDLS cabs about(I'm within 1k of two cabs but the one in my half of the estate was never actually installed just a planning notice on the old one, so I was skeptical about its availability). Magnet said it wasn't available, so that was that. Then about two weeks later I called Eircom to see why it wasn't available and the lad on the phone was adamant it actually was. Great! I asked him why Magnet couldn't do it and he said "Oh. they wouldn't have it there yet"

Grand. So I agreed to switch over to Eircom, asking several times was he sure I could actually get efibre and explained about how the VDSL cab wasn't installed to which his reply was "100%, I wouldn't even say it if it wasn't". He then said I'd be switched to NGB and then I could call to get the engineer out to intall the equipment for efibre and the switch would take 10 days max to get connected to NGB with no disruption in service.

About 2 weeks later my internet and phone went completely, I rang them to ask what the story was. Apparently my order had been messed up somehow and there was going to be another 10 days....with no service but they were adamant they hadn't disconnected me and said Magnet must have. I called Magnet and they said they hadn't a clue what happened to it and they had received no contact from Eircom about it. Anyway, another week later, Eircom finally admitted they had prematurely disconnected the line but it would take another week to reconnect and in return offered a free moth's line rental.

So, two weeks total with no phone or internet, the line was finally reconnected. So, then I ring up to see about getting the engineer out to connect the efibre. And then the woman tells me "Sorry, efibre is not available in your area and we have no date for if or when it ever will be". I explained that the original guy had many times 100% guaranteed me it was and was told that he shouldn't have said that and they don't know where he got that information but it was 100% wrong.

They even had the cheek to send me a bill after all this, which I might add included line rental that I was meant to have free that month. Needless to say that will not be paid. I'm livid over this. I have contacted Comreg but what else can I do. The guy obviously wanted a sale and gave me false information to entice me to switch.

If you live in Dublin city why are you getting eircom? It's slow, expensive and the service is **** like you expected. UPC are far superior and finally have gotten their customer service together. You could easily get 50 mb with UPC. Maybe 100-150mb and they only take a few days to instal

• Advertisement

hfallada wrote: »
    If you live in Dublin city why are you getting eircom? It's slow, expensive and the service is **** like you expected. UPC are far superior and finally have gotten their customer service together. You could easily get 50 mb with UPC. Maybe 100-150mb and they only take a few days to instal

Im sure that all of us would go with ANYONE to get fast BB. Believe it or not UPC dont cover most of Dublin. Some of us are stuck with half meg BB while our next door neighbors have Fiber and Eircom wont do a thing to help us.

Advertisement