Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jca wrote: »
    Not through sky. I rang sky and had to explain to the rep how the installation was done!! He hadn't a clue.

Sky won't begin offering fibre until April 2014 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Sky won't begin offering fibre until April 2014 at the earliest.

Where did you hear about April 2014.... That's a pita

markad1 wrote: »
    Where did you hear about April 2014.... That's a pita

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86676495

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Missed that thread altogether lol
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I'd say Sky will have to get their finger out and speed things up are their expensive broadband advertising campaign will leave them with a lot of rural customers and no urban ones.

I mean why would anyone sign up for ADSL if FTTC is available at a reasonably cheap price from most other providers?!

If you're in a cable area, you'd be completely off your rocker to sign up for an ADSL service in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Has anyone in Blanchardstown got it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toptix

For all the Dundalk heads here just spoke with an eircom rep in oaklawns.seemed to know his stuff.i got sorted with efibre unlimited. No phone line.40 a month. He had a printed out line check for my house so speeds should be 43 down 14 up. Sweeeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

toptix wrote: »
    For all the Dundalk heads here just spoke with an eircom rep in oaklawns.seemed to know his stuff.i got sorted with efibre unlimited. No phone line.40 a month. He had a printed out line check for my house so speeds should be 43 down 14 up. Sweeeet

Jesus €40 for bb only!! Thats a shocking price. Vf doing the same for €25. Why people stay with Eircom to be ripped off is beyond me. ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Jesus €40 for bb only!! Thats a shocking price. Vf doing the same for €25. Why people stay with Eircom to be ripped off is beyond me. ...

Is it not €27 for mobile customers and €32 for non-mobile customers?

27 for vf mobile customers & 30 otherwise. What u get for that is 20gb allowance which might last me a day.people put some piss on this site. Uh vfone do it for 25quid.. What a numpty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

utv are doing it for 25, not vf,

murphaph wrote: »
    utv are doing it for 25, not vf,

I knew it was one of Eircom's competitors. I'm getting calls and bb +100 mobile minutes with vf for Eircom's bb only offering (40 p.m. non voda mobile customer) Not bad for a numpty...

Listen ive looked around and its what suits me.
    Jca you don't have FIBRE broadband because unlimited download allowance and calls with vfone is 55 a month
    Same with utv is 45 a month
    I don't need calls coz im unlimited on my mobile so 40 for unlimited fibre is for me

Listen ive looked around and its what suits me.
    Jca you don't have FIBRE broadband because unlimited download allowance and calls with vfone is 55 a month
    Same with utv is 45 a month
    I don't need calls coz im unlimited on my mobile so 40 for unlimited fibre is for me

I think you'd better calm it a bit. A little less of the capital letters... I can order fiber from the 23rd. People in Ireland are really strange when it comes to choosing service providers. When it was being run by two profiteering state monopolies everyone was whinging for competition in the market place. Now its in place, people won't change.
    What would I know sure I'm only a numpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just to clarify things and back up JCA,I currently have VF Fibre,got it last week & I'm paying €25 a month for the Unlimited Broadband Only package.You won't find it advertised on their site for some reason.I only found out when a mate told me so I asked for it,the only catch if you want to call it that is you need to sign into a 2 yr contract.

Somebody else I know tried to move to VF & asked about this deal only to be told it doesn't exist & nobody has it.Strange seeing as I'm on it.

zerks wrote: »
    Just to clarify things and back up JCA,I currently have VF Fibre,got it last week & I'm paying €25 a month for the Unlimited Broadband Only package.You won't find it advertised on their site for some reason.I only found out when a mate told me so I asked for it,the only catch if you want to call it that is you need to sign into a 2 yr contract.

Somebody else I know tried to move to VF & asked about this deal only to be told it doesn't exist & nobody has it.Strange seeing as I'm on it.

What's your experience been like so far? Any drop-outs? Are you getting the max speed your line can handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You might be a bit optimistic expecting 14 up out of a possible max of 15. This is what I am getting, Avenue Road area.

3033430330.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

This is what Hoeys Lane Dundalk is like

3033500132.png

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

An Eircom guy was going door to door earlier and my wife answered the door to him, he wanted to speak to the owners of the house and she told him that we were renting, he left it at that then.

Would this have been anything to do with efibre? It's due to go live here in November but has anyone else had any experience of this? Why would they ask for the owner of the house? I wasn't at home at the time and I'm dying to know what it was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

An Eircom guy was going door to door earlier and my wife answered the door to him, he wanted to speak to the owners of the house and she told him that we were renting, he left it at that then.

Would this have been anything to do with efibre? It's due to go live here in November but has anyone else had any experience of this? Why would they ask for the owner of the house? I wasn't at home at the time and I'm dying to know what it was about.

The owners would have to give the Eircom engineer permission to install an internal filter inside the home if you guys wanted eFibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

red_bairn wrote: »
    The owners would have to give the Eircom engineer permission to install an internal filter inside the home if you guys wanted eFibre.
    Do they always do this? OT but we just organised for UPC to install in our apartment (LL's ok with it) after mentioning several times that there was no existing point and that we were renting (I'll still keep mapping though, promise!)

TheChizler wrote: »
    Do they always do this? OT but we just organised for UPC to install in our apartment (LL's ok with it) after mentioning several times that there was no existing point and that we were renting (I'll still keep mapping though, promise!)

As said before on here, UPC use coaxial into the house and Eircom uses the copper line into the house. If you don't have the line into the house you can't get fibre unless you have a phone line put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I checked the website to see if I could get eFibre.

The map checker said "Yay your area is available now!"
    I enter my phone number into the line checker just to be sure "Yay your phone number is available now!"

I ring up Eircom "No you've to wait until the end of the month"

I do love Eircom so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

zerks wrote: »

Have you signed up for a business plan by any chance? I know they do €25 euro bb only but that doesn't include VAT.

Have you signed up for a business plan by any chance? I know they do €25 euro bb only but that doesn't include VAT.

No,the only stipulation was that I took out a 2 yr contract.The girl on the phone was kinda surprised that I knew about it & said it was for VF mobile customers but my buddy has it & nobody in his house is a VF mobile customer.

@ Chris the Hacker,no dropouts or problems,here's my speed (wirelessly) with router in another room:

3034440222.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7 substanceg

jaffusmax wrote: »
    This is what Hoeys Lane Dundalk is like

3033500132.png

Hi folks,

Anybody got any idea when the exchange on the Racecourse Road in Dundalk will be switched on?

Living in Ath Lethan and we don't even have DSL. Trying to hold out but I really don't think I can wait too much longer.

Eircom customer service said the exchange is showing up on their map but it's still not available just yet.

All the engineer does is change the eircom faceplate in the house,unless you knew what to look for,you wouldn't even notice it.I had to point out the new one to my missus.I doubt your landlord would have a problem.
    The only problem you might have would be tying yourself into a minimum 12 month contract & deciding to move house within that time (although afaik you can 'bring' your eircom with you.)

Word of warning....Don't buy/sign up to anything from reps at the door.

Word of warning....Don't buy/sign up to anything from reps at the door.

Why not?

• Advertisement

Why not?

They usually lie and tell people they can have a certain package at a cheaper price than online just to get that commission. ;)

Advertisement