Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

BeerNut wrote: »
    Order in this evening. Very pleased that they're not making me switch to Direct Debit.

How did ya manage that ? Thought DD was part of the contract ?? .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lennyzip wrote: »
    How did ya manage that ? Thought DD was part of the contract ?? .

If you are an existing Eircom customer you do not have to agree to DD. New customers have no choice.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/direct-debit-requirement-signing-up-for-efibre-upgrade/td-p/32974

I wrote about it in this thread on 25 Sept.

They will probably say you have to pay by Direct Debit, but tell them you are an existing customer and they will not insist on that. You will be given a new Eircom account number. A final bill for €0.00 will issue for the existing account number and any arrears will be added to the first fibre bill. There will be a delay of 6/8 weeks so the first bill could be substantial. After that it will be monthly bills even if you are bi monthly at present. New contract for 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I also live in Mount Oval and we experinced an issue with our broadband connection which Vodafone was not able to resolve over the phone. Anyhow they had to arrange with Eircom to send an Eircom engineer to my house to review the issue. I got speaking with the Eircom engineer and he told me Eircom are ready to lay the fibre cable the cabinets, but the developer being O'Flynns won't allow it. I have emailed O'Flynns four times over the past 3 weeks and each time they have not responded to me. I suspect the issue here is that the Mount Oval development is due to be handed over to the council at some point and O'Flynns don't want to have to pay any money towards digging up the roads to allow Eircom to do there work. I will continue to put pressure on them until something gets done.

Is there no UPC broadband in Mountoval?

It's a far better job than E-fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Got mine installed today, with Vodafone, better speeds than I was expecting :D

3048617938.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

How did ya manage that ?
    Asking nicely and being politely firm. And having 15 years of paid-on-time bills, I guess.
    Thought DD was part of the contract ?
    I was expecting a whole raft of new conditions, a new talk package, the hard sell on eMobile, but it was all very straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Finally got an install date for efibre in Dundalk. Apparently the cabinet I'm on isn't ready for orders until 23/10, but he put my order threw anyway :D

Install date is 29/10, morning appointment.
    Package I will be on is 70meg down - unlimited broadband only. €40 a month, not so bad I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Finally got an install date for efibre in Dundalk. Apparently the cabinet I'm on isn't ready for orders until 23/10, but he put my order threw anyway :D

Install date is 29/10, morning appointment.
    Package I will be on is 70meg down - unlimited broadband only. €40 a month, not so bad I suppose.
    That with Eircom or Vodafone?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That with Eircom or Vodafone?

Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

So I was on the pilot scheme for eircom on 150mb now they're telling me it's over and I have to go to 70mb what's the point if im already on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

So seems there's a couple of ways ordering efibre if your an existing eircom customer . It's supposed to be free upgrade yet in one form it asks for direct debit details . Another says
    *This free upgrade is subject to 18 month contract and requires direct debit. As an eircom customer I agree to allow my existing eircom customer details to be used to process my application. Please read the Terms & Conditions. "

I thought existing customers didn't have to go direct debit ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

brijay wrote: »
    So I was on the pilot scheme for eircom on 150mb now they're telling me it's over and I have to go to 70mb what's the point if im already on it ?

Milk as much money out of you as possible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I thought existing customers didn't have to go direct debit ?
    They don't. Phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Was down in one of the phone provider shops in Douglas inquiring why we don't have fibre yet even though all around Douglas they do.:confused:

Anyway he mentioned that he heard that the developer in Mount Oval is holding up matters, some argument with Eircom with the small bit of digging they might have to or something. :mad:

Anybody hear any different before I start calling Oflynn's, I know they have pulled the fiber into the estate they were at that last summer I am sure. The best BB I can get is 5mb down so I am looking forward to the fibre

I don't live in Mount Oval but I am in Thornbury just around the corner. We don't have fibre either. All the surrounding estates have fibre but for some reason not Thornbury. I have rang eircom numerous times about this and no-one can tell me why we can't get it even though all other estates on all sides can.
    Very annoying.

I thought existing customers didn't have to go direct debit ???

I'm with Vodafone and have to do the same, can't get upgraded without direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Asked about Blanchardstown on the Eircom forum

"efibre has launched in Blanchardstown however your line is not qualifying for efibre as not all areas in Blanchardstown will be able to avail of an upgrade as works will be ongoing over the next year.
    I'm unable to offer a timeframe of when efibre will however this may be in the next 12 months.
    Thanks
    Al"

A joke how they do a bit here a bit there and it looks great saying its live,when only %40 of the areas are live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jeffk wrote: »
    Asked about Blanchardstown on the Eircom forum

"efibre has launched in Blanchardstown however your line is not qualifying for efibre as not all areas in Blanchardstown will be able to avail of an upgrade as works will be ongoing over the next year.
    I'm unable to offer a timeframe of when efibre will however this may be in the next 12 months.
    Thanks
    Al"

A joke how they do a bit here a bit there and it looks great saying its live,when only %40 of the areas are live

That's the part I can't understand either. I'm in Enniscorthy and most cabinets are live but mine and about 4 others aren't. The cabinets are in place one needs to be powered the others are awaiting commissioning. Why can't they just arrive in a town get it done and then move to the next town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

jca wrote: »
    That's the part I can't understand either. I'm in Enniscorthy and most cabinets are live but mine and about 4 others aren't. The cabinets are in place one needs to be powered the others are awaiting commissioning. Why can't they just arrive in a town get it done and then move to the next town.

Thats more or less the feedback I gave them when they asked about my experience when I rang to see why its live but I cant get it.

Set a date like they did and that's for everyone to order it , if its later then say its later, but make that the date.

Install appointment put back to the 14th of Nov!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Where are you living?

jca wrote: »
    Where are you living?

Dundalk.

• Advertisement

I've been given the 11th Nov and received the new router yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Has anyone seen any cabinet or eicom work going on around blackrock dundalk recently?
    Seems like it should have started to be able to go live jan to mar

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I've been given the 11th Nov and received the new router yesterday.

When did you place your order? Was it done online or over the phone? Didn't know they sent out the router.

Mgit wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any cabinet or eicom work going on around blackrock dundalk recently?
    Seems like it should have started to be able to go live jan to mar

Ive seen them lay sub duct in wallaces road just outside springfield also seen them doing the same at the square close to the violet.
    Cabinet wise ive noticed a new "old style" cabinet outside the council estate and one across from the greengates shop on the Dublin road.

When did you place your order? Was it done online or over the phone? Didn't know they sent out the router.
    Placed the order with Vodafone on the 23rd gone, done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Anyone have any clue as to the dates in November when the next few exchanges are due to go live? There's 5 listed (Fermoy, Loughrea, Youghal, Walkinstown and Mahon) and I'm in one of them but no orders being accepted yet. Really impatient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

Anyone have any clue as to the dates in November when the next few exchanges are due to go live? There's 5 listed (Fermoy, Loughrea, Youghal, Walkinstown and Mahon) and I'm in one of them but no orders being accepted yet. Really impatient :D

I am in Mahon and when I check my landline on the line checker it gives me a date of Nov 1st...hope it's true though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So after a few phonecalls trying to get some answers, it appears there are no plans to provide E-Fibre to Donabate village.

Eircom claim the area is upgraded and done, even though the village itself has been just left without any upgrade. I live between two exchanges, that via the map you guys maintain, I should be eligible.

No E-Fibre upgrade.
    UPC no plans to come here
    Magnets current 24mbps I have is running today, right now, at 700kbps.

I'm screwed, its a shocking state of affairs to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Ive seen them lay sub duct in wallaces road just outside springfield also seen them doing the same at the square close to the violet.
    Cabinet wise ive noticed a new "old style" cabinet outside the council estate and one across from the greengates shop on the Dublin road.

did you see them working on it recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Maynooth put back to next year for Eircom Efibre.

No need to worry though,

Got leaflet through the door during the week from UPC. They will be carrying out network enhancements in the next while to make 200 meg bb and horizon tv available in my area. Eircom can keep there efibre fttc.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on eircom fibre.

Advertisement