Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

anybody know whats going on with the Carrigtwohill, Cork cabinet situation?

seems to be maybe 4 cabinets or so installed with esb power for a few months on the west side of the village, nothing been done for months now for the east side of the village?

ETA is feb 14' now for go live from the eircom efibre map

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

Jacobs Island in Mahon is finally live but Vodafone won't take orders until after Dec 25th...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

BArra wrote: »
    anybody know whats going on with the Carrigtwohill, Cork cabinet situation?

seems to be maybe 4 cabinets or so installed with esb power for a few months on the west side of the village, nothing been done for months now for the east side of the village?

ETA is feb 14' now for go live from the eircom efibre map

If the experience in Midleton is anything to go by FEB14 seems about right. In Midleton, cabinets started appearing in April but it was late October before they started taking orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Tonio wrote: »
    If the experience in Midleton is anything to go by FEB14 seems about right. In Midleton, cabinets started appearing in April but it was late October before they started taking orders.

Our town has had the same experience but our estate is still without any orders. I'm not sure what they are playing at as they have two dozen addresses in the system. Our cabinet has been in place since 5th May and electricity added in June of this month. I don't know what the hold up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

tarakino wrote: »
    Jacobs Island in Mahon is finally live but Vodafone won't take orders until after Dec 25th...

Same thing happened me when my area went live,they wouldn't take orders, but eircom will.straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Tonio wrote: »

Still no cabinets in Broomfield, and there are eircom vans with engineers at the cabs around Mill road and Market Green this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Is there any news on the vectoring yet? Like release date perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Today i heard very interesting news about cabinets.
    When cabinet is commissioned there is 28 days cool off period before operators can start selling VDSL. Comreg said this is because to give time for operators to prepare - kind unreal...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mailsanchu

deRanged wrote: »
    Still no cabinets in Broomfield, and there are eircom vans with engineers at the cabs around Mill road and Market Green this afternoon.
    There are no cabinets in the Old cork road, Midleton, Cork. Any body has any updates on this area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

domeld wrote: »
    Today i heard very interesting news about cabinets.
    When cabinet is commissioned there is 28 days cool off period before operators can start selling VDSL. Comreg said this is because to give time for operators to prepare - kind unreal...

Correct. It's to prevent Eircom getting a head start with sales.
    That rule or similar has been in place for years for all new Eircom services.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/eircom-ordered-to-remove-mini-hazardous-structures-1.1606080
    Eircom has been given until Friday next to remove the hazardous structures, and must seek retrospective planning permission for the remaining pillars if it wishes to retain them.

The council has identified 181 pillars, 20 of which it says are in hazardous locations. The oblong boxes are less than 2ft tall and represent a tripping danger to pedestrians, particularly at night. Eircom has been ordered to block off the dangerous pillars until they have been removed.
    “The micro pillars were constructed by Eircom’s contractors over the last few months and they are located at various sites across Dublin. These pillars are used to connect our fibre cabinets with the ESB network.”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A member of the public contacted the council and Eircom in September after tripping and falling over one of the pillars while crossing the road in the Sandymount area.

hehehehehe seems at least one of them was placed in the road :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Guess what...ooops they done it again...cancelled my order.

Just a word of advice to anyone about to signup, don't go with Vodafone.

m8 wrote: »
    Vodafone promised that I would be upgraded automatically when efiber is available in my area when I signed up a few weeks ago. It became available and I phoned to see when I would be upgraded. the girl said I would have to go with 18 months contract so I said ok. Got letter in post confirming. Was expecting modem with 5 days as promised but no modem? I looked online at my account only to find out they had cancelled the order + my phone package and I was charged for local calls. Now this also happened on my original order when I was moving my number from UPC to Vodafone, they cancelled 3 times without contacting me or even giving a reason as to why. It is only when you phone them you will find out that it's cancelled but still no reason why. Eircom called the other day to offer me efiber, god I am realy sorry I am stuck with Vodafone what a shower.
    They promise to sort it all but I know I will be spending hours on the phone to them over the next few weeks.

:mad::mad::mad: not enough space to show how many times they cancelled without telling me.

281622.JPG

I am fedup with this services and the way I am treated as a customer, where can I complain? the
    Regulator, Consumers affairs or where??

pm Your phone number, I will check If you can have efibre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Do you work for Eircom or something?

Do you work for Eircom or something?

No I dont!

No I dont!

Why do u want his number then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

naughto wrote: »
    Why do u want his number then?

Voda probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Don't bother with this crowd, after waiting 60 days for my bb to be switched over to them I gave up and cancelled everything. I think this fibre is going to be a disaster, in my area anyway.

Eircom called to my door and said I could have it within a few days if I sign up with them. It is available in my area.

• Advertisement

Eircom called to my door and said I could have it within a few days if I sign up with them. It is available in my area.

There's your answer. Go with eircom.

Eircom reps say all sorts of bullshít to get a sale. You need to ring yourself.

Do not sign up with the reps they are a disaster, ring them up its a lot quicker.

Is anyone here with magnet? I'm just wondering what they're like? My brother had experience with them a few years ago and it wasn't good. Are they any better now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

He will check - when the website would tell me I couldnt - happy out and have broadband now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Cabinet in Mahon. Loughmahon Road junction and Loughmahon Avenue added to map.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Got chatting to an eircom tech at a cabinet in Ashbourne , Co. Meath . Said Ashbourne exchange cabs were about 95% completed ( according to eircom we went live October 31st , my house was eligibale then ) . Said they do 200 connections per cabinet . Havn't worked out the distance from house to this cabinet in question but I suspect it might be the closest cabinet to me . Was very jealous of the houses situated right across from it , he said they would probably get the estimated "up to 70mg " connection . And a nice bloke to boot too , hope all the techs are like him . Answered any questions I asked him and he was from eircom , not KN .

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Got chatting to an eircom tech at a cabinet in Ashbourne , Co. Meath . Said Ashbourne exchange cabs were about 95% completed ( according to eircom we went live October 31st , my house was eligibale then ) . Said they do 200 connections per cabinet . Havn't worked out the distance from house to this cabinet in question but I suspect it might be the closest cabinet to me . Was very jealous of the houses situated right across from it , he said they would probably get the estimated "up to 70mg " connection . And a nice bloke to boot too , hope all the techs are like him . Answered any questions I asked him and he was from eircom , not KN .

I live in Ashbourne and my estate doesn't have a cabinet yet. It annoys me because they have a cabinet at the Nine Mile Stone on the Ratoath Road where there's only houses on one side of the road. You'd think they do the more densely populated areas first, not to mention that UPC installed their cables here during the Summer - they only service about one-third of the estate, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

progress in Broomfield, Midleton at last. The plinth and electricity for the first of the two cabs is being installed currently.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    There's your answer. Go with eircom.

If only I could as I'm signed up for 12 months with Vodafone.

Just advising people to be aware of the service they give or lack of it.

Advertisement