Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

Some work going on this morning at the un-commissioned cab at the bottom of Blarney Street in Cork City.

Anyone know how long it takes to commission a cab once they start work?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Cork981

seanp_25 wrote: »
    Some work going on this morning at the un-commissioned cab at the bottom of Blarney Street in Cork City.

Just passed them cabs a few minutes ago. The seem to be putting some triangle type roof on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

does anyone have an updated version of that spreadshhet that was available from the eircom wholesale site,,the one that gave the planned cab install dates and go live dates etc,,,i saw the one that was circulating a few months ago,,but has anyone seen an updated version of it and if so would the mind pm please,,,,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mailsanchu

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    does anyone have an updated version of that spreadshhet that was available from the eircom wholesale site,,the one that gave the planned cab install dates and go live dates etc,,,i saw the one that was circulating a few months ago,,but has anyone seen an updated version of it and if so would the mind pm please,,,,cheers
    if you get the spread sheet, please pass it to me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Does an updated one exist?

• Advertisement

if i even knew the name of the doc i could check google for an updated version?

That was an internal eircom document leaked to a poster here. I don't think he has been handed any updated version.

That was an internal eircom document leaked to a poster here. I don't think he has been handed any updated version.

im sure he wouldnt have been handed it,,but the first one was snatched from the wholesale site.

worth asking if anyone has stumbled upon a recent updated version (should one exist)

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    if i even knew the name of the doc i could check google for an updated version?

NGA Deployment Plan.xlsx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I think it was on their Wholesale website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

mailsanchu wrote: »
    if you get the spread sheet, please pass it to me as well

Me as well please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Ours was up and running after about 3 days or so.

I guess it depends what's involved in commissioning it. That's the Churchfield area?

So, I guess there's still work on-going in a lot of areas marked as 'live' on their map where some cabinets weren't easily commissioned in the first phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

I just signed up for fibre broadband in Loughrea with vodafone.

Their engineer is due to call on the 10th (next Tuesday) to install.

Hopefully this will stop the intermittent failures of broadband here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

7upfree wrote: »
    Is this a 50 Meg fibre line?:eek:

What fat-tony said :) its the marketing and the name which is confusing people . FTTC or Fibre-to-the-Cabinet doesn't sound as sexy as 'eFibre' or 'Fibre powered' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

islanderre wrote: »
    I just signed up for fibre broadband in Loughrea with vodafone.

Their engineer is due to call on the 10th (next Tuesday) to install.

Hopefully this will stop the intermittent failures of broadband here.

Same here, except my install is set for Wednesday and with Eircom. Keep us posted on what speed you get, I notice Vodafone customers seem to get 70mb easily, I've been told I'll get 50mb.

I really only want it at this stage to fix the crappy speeds we've been having over the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Same here, except my install is set for Wednesday and with Eircom. Keep us posted on what speed you get, I notice Vodafone customers seem to get 70mb easily, I've been told I'll get 50mb.

I really only want it at this stage to fix the crappy speeds we've been having over the past few weeks.

I'm due to get installed next monday with Eircom. I'm leaving sky's terrible bb early... Will probably get a nasty letter but I can't take the unusable bb anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jca wrote: »
    I'm due to get installed next monday with Eircom. I'm leaving sky's terrible bb early... Will probably get a nasty letter but I can't take the unusable bb anymore.

Don't think Sky do termination fees

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

I broke the contract with sky last month for bb still waiting for the final bill.cos I got stand alone fiber from eircom I still have sky talk on my account,I don't have a landline phone so there nothing for them to bill me for.

They charge 30 for calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

They charge 30 for calls.
    are u sure? will ring them tomrrow and get it off my account so

Billing Period Charges

Sky Talk Line Rental Discounted 21 Nov - 20 Dec - €30.00
    Sky Talk 21 Nov - 20 Dec €30.00

Yours at no extra cost

Sky Talk total: €0.00

this has being on my bill from the very start,as i got on the trail to get sky broadband for 10euro a month

my next bill is due on the 7th will see what is on it then

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if it takes a few days for the order to show up on the my eircom page or when ringing 1901? I ordered today but still no order appearing on my account and I've read plenty of stories of orders going missing on here, I don't fancy waiting around for nothing so close to Christmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Does anyone know if it takes a few days for the order to show up on the my eircom page or when ringing 1901? I ordered today but still no order appearing on my account and I've read plenty of stories of orders going missing on here, I don't fancy waiting around for nothing so close to Christmas.

I'd personally give it 24hrs, how did you order? Over the phone?

I ordered with Eircom on Monday after an unbearable weekend of sky "broadband". I got a confirmation text and email on Tuesday,no sign of the vdsl router yet. I hope it's here before next Monday for the install.

My house is connected directly to exchange as we live very close to exchange . But 2 houses out of 51 in our estate is already fibre connected. Does any body know how those 2 houses are fibre enable and 49 are not enabled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My house is connected directly to exchange as we live very close to exchange . But 2 houses out of 51 in our estate is already fibre connected. Does any body know how those 2 houses are fibre enable and 49 are not enabled ?

They know an Eircom Engineer and everyone else doesnt?! :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    They know an Eircom Engineer and everyone else doesnt?! :pac:
    But what my understanding is if the house is connected directly to the exchange there is no change of getting fibre any time soon .

They have to be connected to a cabinet.

They have to be connected to a cabinet.
    Is it possible to have some houses in the estate is connected directly to exchange and others to some cabinet .. I cant find any cabinets near my estate

Sully wrote: »
    I'd personally give it 24hrs, how did you order? Over the phone?

Yup, over the phone. Hopefully there'll be an update today then.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to have some houses in the estate is connected directly to exchange and others to some cabinet .. I cant find any cabinets near my estate

They weren't part of a fibre to the home trial?

Advertisement