Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre VDSL/FTTC rollout – plans to reach 1.6m premises by mid 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

That isn't a new vectoring technique, they announced the FTTH rollout.

Did you click the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

red_bairn wrote: »
    Did you click the link?

No one on boards has a sense of humour. Any people who had are nearly all banned.

jca wrote: »
    No one on boards has a sense of humour. Any people who had are nearly all banned.

It's why I mainly read posts on Boards.ie for years when a teenager. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

red_bairn wrote: »
    It's why I mainly read posts on Boards.ie for years when a teenager. :D

Careful now, down with that sort of thing. ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

niallo27 wrote: »
    When eircom say fibre is coming to your area in May 14, do they mean it will be switched on then or just start work in it. How accurate is it from peoples experience.

I reckon its highly inaccurate, I think it says that for every phone number in the entire exchange. Once the cabinets go live most people outside of the housing estates or urban streets with cabinets will get a message saying that efibre is not available to them. It says 'coming to my area in May 2014' when I put in mine but im about 1.8km/2km from the nearest cabinet in a house built in the late 60s that is connected directly to the exchange so I expect to lose this hopefull message very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

As for accuracy in service supply via actual, I should have been enabled eight months ago, I was expecting actual connection before end of, May, June, July, August, September, October and November 2013.

I've given up tbh. Gloss gone off it for me.

Also one may get different reports if one say they are an existing customer as opposed to not being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

how long does it take for a cabinet saying "
    Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress" to being ready so that orders can be placed ?.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its worth the wait folks when it does come

3413914555.png

Test on Wifi

• Its worth the wait folks when it does come

3413914555.png

Test on Wifi

Sigh....:(

One can dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

50mb is my line but I'm happy, for now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Its worth the wait folks when it does come

3413914555.png

Test on Wifi

Could you post your line stats? Did it take much convincing for them to switch your profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

jspuds wrote: »
    Eircom announce plans to roll out 1Gb speeds using new vectoring technique
    http://goo.gl/2CEBPI

I'll probably be dead by the time I can get that considering the amount of time its taking them too get the thing bloody enabled in my area:pac:

Red Nissan wrote: »
    As for accuracy in service supply via actual, I should have been enabled eight months ago, I was expecting actual connection before end of, May, June, July, August, September, October and November 2013.

I've given up tbh. Gloss gone off it for me.

Also one may get different reports if one say they are an existing customer as opposed to not being one.

Same. Greystones was flying ahead but our estate didn't really go live till about Oct/Nov. Now we've been informed that we can't even get it because we are fed directly by the exchange which makes it look like we won't be able to avail of it at all. If they were to put DSLAM's in the exchange it would be useless to us since we are 2.3km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I'll probably be dead by the time I can get that considering the amount of time its taking them too get the thing bloody enabled in my area:pac:

At least you are in the plan. Nothing in the pipeline where I live in the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

anybody here know how long it takes for orders to be open once a cabinet is declared live? Cabs near me went live yesterday but when you enter the phone number into their checker it tells me that it will be available in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

kenny111 wrote: »
    anybody here know how long it takes for orders to be open once a cabinet is declared live? Cabs near me went live yesterday but when you enter the phone number into their checker it tells me that it will be available in March.

No real answer to that as it seems to depend on what's going on with the engineering and setup at that particular cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Should be the day after the prequals are run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Just curious how do you know the cabinet is live? Waiting for cabinet close to me to go-live with the last 4 months.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

go to the eircomwholesale.ie site and select the third map from the left, zoom in on your area and if the cabinet is live then it is green, the two nearest to me when green yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

go to the eircomwholesale.ie site and select the third map from the left, zoom in on your area and if the cabinet is live then it is green, the two nearest to me when green yesterday.

Thanks. I'm getting this "Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress".
    Any idea on the timelines from here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I live near our exchange and do not see a street cabinet of any kind on our street. How do you find out if you are directly connected to the exchange or not? If directly connected is there no chance of VDSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Poster have been suggesting comreg are working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danny Boy

ED E wrote: »

Great - so we can look forward to a solution in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Unless I've missed it, I don't think anyone has posted on how to tell if your line is directly connected to an exchange or not? I guess asking Eircom is the only way? Although when I signed up with them they couldn't even tell which exchange my line was until they turned up to the wrong one and couldn't find the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

BigMoose wrote: »
    Unless I've missed it, I don't think anyone has posted on how to tell if your line is directly connected to an exchange or not? I guess asking Eircom is the only way? Although when I signed up with them they couldn't even tell which exchange my line was until they turned up to the wrong one and couldn't find the line.

Does anyone know how, or even if it's possible to check whether someone's connected to an exchange or to a cab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

If you enter your number to Eircom to check and continue with ordering it will tell you when engineer can be dispatch for you. You do not need to continue with ordering. For me it took about a month but the date was same date as what I saw on Eircom ordering page.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

ED E wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as a few people on here with my line being connected directly to the exchange. I have a neighbour who is an eircom engineer and he confirmed that we are connected directly to the exchange. I asked him what the solution was going to be to get VDSL. The plan according to him is that they will put equipment inside the exchange similar to what is in the cabinets. The timeline is months rather than years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I'd love to see someone else take over the whole telecommunications side in Ireland and not eircom. And a decent regulator too. I got a line installed the 21st of Feb and to this day it's testing as line unknown with eircom and Vodafone. I have the new cli and landline, there is a dial tone and you can ring in but they've yet to update the pathways, over a month and a half later!!!!!! I thought I was being prepared for broadband only to see they have updated the map today and we have been pushed back to July now. This is the 5th time they have pushed the fibre enabled date back. Eircom are an absolute joke of a company and com regs lack of interest or reprimanding eircom is appalling too.

Extremely irate customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I'd love to see someone else take over the whole telecommunications side in Ireland and not eircom. And a decent regulator too. I got a line installed the 21st of Feb and to this day it's testing as line unknown with eircom and Vodafone. I have the new cli and landline, there is a dial tone and you can ring in but they've yet to update the pathways, over a month and a half later!!!!!! I thought I was being prepared for broadband only to see they have updated the map today and we have been pushed back to July now. This is the 5th time they have pushed the fibre enabled date back. Eircom are an absolute joke of a company and com regs lack of interest or reprimanding eircom is appalling too.

Extremely irate customer

Same sentiments myself.

eFibre was supposed to be available in my area in November. It's now April, and the map is saying it will be available in 'March '14'. I suspect it'll be Christmas by the time it's actually here.

Eircom as a company is incompetence defined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

My area was supposed to be Nov 2013, and now Apr 2014, but the box is not even had its concrete slab poured yet so it will not be April this year.

Advertisement