Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom announce tournament series with $500,000 in prize support

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    I'm sure between all of us in the community someone will be able to provide all the character DLC on a memory stick to transfer to 1 or 2 of the the Xboxes.

Xbox DLC only works offline on the console it was first downloaded on.
    It can be used on any console with a net connection as long as the gamertag it is assigned to is logged into Xbox Live.

This will only work with consoles that have a wireless connection in the Exchange, but it is technically feasable as there were a couple of 360 Slims at the last Inferno. (Slims have wi-fi)

Copying the DLC and gamertags onto all the consoles will mean they won't take up more USB slots too.
    Azza wrote: »
    We could also look at the possibility of using community money (if any spare) to get the DLC characters for people who provide the Xbox's for tournaments (assuming they have the game to begin with).

This is a valid idea and really annoys me. This is exactly why I said the quantity of DLC coming for this game is disgusting for the financial burden it puts on tournament organisers.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well by community funding it, it won't really burden the organizers at all.

Also I can provide a wireless card for a non slim Xbox for tournaments if its needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That's money that could otherwise be going to actually growing the community - not just to keep games up to date. I still see it as a financial burden we could do without.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I understand the viewpoint, but from Capcom's side there not going pass up the opportunity of making alot of money just because its going make a tiny tiny minority of it players life awkward.

Advertisement