Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 305 problem

Options
  • 21-02-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Went for my run this morning but my forerunner would not power up. I presumed the battery was gone and i hadn't heard it beep for low battery since i do have my ipod on.
    However, it wont charge now either. Read online about pressing the mode and lap buttons together to reset it but nothing doing. it does sometimes power up for a second when i press thepower button and lap button together but then immediately turns off.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Try this thread.

I had a similiar issue with a 405, it had to go back to Garmin for repair (was replaced under warranty in my case).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A few different reset options for you to try:
    You can try a soft reset. Press mode and reset. Then try to power on while plugged in.

A hard reset will delete all your data and settings from the Forerunner. Press the Power and the Mode button until the unit comes on and asks if you want to erase all user data. Select Yes.

If the above won't work, try a hard reset that by-passes the confirmation screen. Press Mode, Reset and Power.

Finally, you can try to reload the firmware to the device. Download the latest firmware from Garmin's web site. Plug the Forerunner into the computer. Press and hold the UP Arrow. Press the power button to power the unit on. Continue to hold the up arrow. Run the firmware upgrade. Continue to hold the up arrow through the entire upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Thanks for the feedback lads.

It accepted a plug in charge last nite after trying a soft reset but still wont turn on by pressing the power button even though the fully charged message was up on the screen.
    Got it to start this morning by pressing the buttons in a total random order!! Prob not to be advised!! My unit would be well out of warranty at this stage but will try a few other things with it but will prob have to send it back to get it fixed up.

Didnt realise how attached to it i was!

Advertisement