Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting scratch-card winnings

Options
  • 21-02-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is probably a silly question, but for collecting winnings do I need to go back to the shop I bought the scratch-card in?

I'm guessing no.Am I right?

Also, do I need to fill in my name, adress etc on the back of the card?
    Or is that only if I'm posting it back?

The only reason I don't know the answer is cos I've never won before! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

If they are national lottery s cards you can claim the money off any national lottery agent. Some shops may not cash cards with over €50 in value.
    If you have won an amount of more than €100 you can claim this amount from a main post office. If you have won more that this read the back of the ticket re how to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Any shop that sells them will do for collecting if its small amount.

You don't need to fill it out unless you've won a few grand or something like that I'd say.

How much did you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thanks guys!

Won a whole five euro! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 creamcracker30

What about old scratch cards?? Recently when cleaning out the junk room I found 2 scratch cards from the national lottery called 333, I've won 6euro on, but I'm guessing they're a few years old. Do u think I can still claim the prize money or is there an expiry period on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

What about old scratch cards?? Recently when cleaning out the junk room I found 2 scratch cards from the national lottery called 333, I've won 6euro on, but I'm guessing they're a few years old. Do u think I can still claim the prize money or is there an expiry period on them?

A scratch card game usually runs for 6 months, after the game ends you have a further 6 months to collect. 333 is at least 4 years old so you can bin it

• Advertisement
Advertisement