Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand tackle shops

Options
  • 21-02-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know of any second hand tackle shops or market stalls selling rods and reels etc?

It was something I was thinking of setting up, given that top quality equipment is soooo damn expensive new.

Id appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

I seen a stall up in callan market, mainly fladen gear. all the stuff was fairly cheap,
    Its a good idea, not many people spending alot of money on expensive rods and reels these days,

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Hi guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know of any second hand tackle shops or market stalls selling rods and reels etc?

some shops does "trade in" -i bought few 2nd hand reels rods and stuff .
    You need to ask they aren't usually on display.
    But referring to "top quality" i would say that most of top quality stuff lasts years so if it appears for sale is either worn/broke or expensive.
    Just look at the top quality shimano stella reels on ebay - some of them are over 10yrs old and you can still buy half dozen of catanas for their price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I would say a regular stall or something would be your best bet

For a full time shop where would you get your stock? How would you attract and hold customers with variable stock (if you can get it) and no ability to get specific items ordered in quickly if you dont have them.

Plus you would be competing with ebay and donedeal I guess.

I think a market stall might turn a few quid but you still have the problem of stock and how you are going to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

adverts has good gear on it at good prices if you know what your buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Car boot sales can be productive when on the look out for bit and pieces.

Hit and miss tho...you have to be lucky,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

SeaFields wrote: »
    Car boot sales can be productive when on the look out for bit and pieces.

Hit and miss tho...you have to be lucky,.

TOP QUALITY stuff in PWO on car boot sale?
    I dare do doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Sorry, I should have clarified in my op, but its higher end stuff im thinking of. Nor is it a full time business with a massive turnover, just a method to distribute good quality stuff. More of a haobby really.

Id like to be able to stock it through trade ins and second hand purchases myself ie buy on the private market and sell on again (something sitting in stock for a while wouldnt really worry me).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I completely misread your OP :o

Would you consider making it a web based "stall" ?

That is, have a constantly updated database of stock with descriptions of quality, wear and tare etc. It would open yourself up to a much bigger market rather than confined to a fixed location/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Sorry, I should have clarified in my op, but its higher end stuff im thinking of. Nor is it a full time business with a massive turnover, just a method to distribute good quality stuff. More of a haobby really.

Id like to be able to stock it through trade ins and second hand purchases myself ie buy on the private market and sell on again (something sitting in stock for a while wouldnt really worry me).

This would be great if you got it up and running! Best of luck, and yes an online presence would probably be the way to go (could be as simple as a Wordpress Blog or something).

Advertisement