Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice! need to see a doctor!

Options
  • 21-02-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all

I need some sound advice and have no idea where to post thread !

I lost my job recently I have no money , dole , or medical card and I fear I have seriously damaged my back I'm in severe agony ..... Is there any way I can see a doctor for free

Thanks for reading

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Get yourself to A&E, they won't not see you if you don't have the money.
    Tell them that you only hurt your back today, if you say it was a few days ago, they'll tell you it's not an emergency or accident and send you to your GP. If you need an xray or whatever, they can do it there and it'll be included in the A&E fee. As someone who has suffered with back problems and have had operations, I know the pain you're in, just go.... . Usually, whenever I have had to use A&E the bill comes out some weeks later..... you won't be the first nor the last person to not have 100 euro in your pocket, they're used to it, but euro for euro, the A&E will be better than a GP, they can diagnose you, xray if needed, even admit you if required for treatment, the doctor will faff about with anti-inflamatories etc. Remember, to tell them you only hurt it TODAY! Good luck....

Advertisement