Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

too much sebum

• 21-02-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i'm a male in his 30's trying to figure out a way to control sebum production around my forehead area. i'm producing too much which gives my head a shiny appearance, i've tried exfoliating scrub followed by a moisteriser that's oil free but it only seems to last a few hrs before the shiny head comes back.

started drinking more water the last wk or so but yet to see a difference , maybe it's too soon ?

anyone know any good products for men that will keep my sebum under control and leave me with a nice matte finish ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

i'm a male in his 30's trying to figure out a way to control sebum production around my forehead area. i'm producing too much which gives my head a shiny appearance, i've tried exfoliating scrub followed by a moisteriser that's oil free but it only seems to last a few hrs before the shiny head comes back.

started drinking more water the last wk or so but yet to see a difference , maybe it's too soon ?

anyone know any good products for men that will keep my sebum under control and leave me with a nice matte finish ?

Hello,

What products are you using on your face at the moment? A lot of products that claim to tackle oiliness actually end up stripping the skin and causing it to overcompensate oil production, thus making the problem worse.
    You should be cleaning skin with a mild wash, and moisturising with a mattifying lotion (oil control lotion from dermalogica is brilliant). Look for products of a good quality, with added spf.
    Also what I used to find great was those little blotting paper books you can get in the body shop, matchbox size and perfect for just blotting on skin in the day to mattify the skin.

Drinking water wont regulate the oil production, you have oily skin so you just need to manage it so you are happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I found this stuff quite good for mattifying

32650m_l.jpg

there's a whole seaweed range but this or the night serum stuff were the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 !BigBadBarry

Jennypops wrote: »
    Hello,

What products are you using on your face at the moment? A lot of products that claim to tackle oiliness actually end up stripping the skin and causing it to overcompensate oil production, thus making the problem worse.
    You should be cleaning skin with a mild wash, and moisturising with a mattifying lotion (oil control lotion from dermalogica is brilliant). Look for products of a good quality, with added spf.
    Also what I used to find great was those little blotting paper books you can get in the body shop, matchbox size and perfect for just blotting on skin in the day to mattify the skin.

Drinking water wont regulate the oil production, you have oily skin so you just need to manage it so you are happy with it.

Tried Nivea face wash followed by l'oreal moisturising gel which is meant to leave a matte effect, but it still looks shiny go me after a few hrs.

Also tried L'oreal face scrub followed by the gel which seems to work better but again after a few hrs the shiny head is back.
    kandr10 wrote: »
    I found this stuff quite good for mattifying

32650m_l.jpg

there's a whole seaweed range but this or the night serum stuff were the best.

Where can i get this stuff, and the oil control lotion from dermalogica, never seen them around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Tried Nivea face wash followed by l'oreal moisturising gel which is meant to leave a matte effect, but it still looks shiny go me after a few hrs.

Also tried L'oreal face scrub followed by the gel which seems to work better but again after a few hrs the shiny head is back.

Where can i get this stuff, and the oil control lotion from dermalogica, never seen them around.
    uhm, the body shop? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 !BigBadBarry

booboo88 wrote: »
    uhm, the body shop? :P

uhmmmm yes will have to look more closely at the pics from now on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

uhmmmm yes will have to look more closely at the pics from now on :o

its ok :) rookie mistake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

first apply a good heavy moisturiser at night , oily skin gets oilier when its dehydrated so try treat that at night. Murad oil control lotion has worked wonders for me along with the right skin care , make sure you dont use anything on your skin containing alcohol it will dry your skin out and as a result you will get oilier as your skin tries to rehydrate itself. I also use Urban Decays De slick spray. I use both as i am very oily. But i would highly recommend the murad its available here and they have free shipping right now :

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/murad/oilcontrolmattifierspf15/?gclid=CNmsv5mzt64CFYRO4Qod72fahw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't use any abrasive srcubs, it will just make the problem worse.

I use this 07032221601.jpg

and it's really good. Quite expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I also have oily skin, it can be such a nightmare but I have mine in check now.

My main piece of advice would be whatever products you use, make sure they're all from the same brand. Different brands can have conflicting ingredients so don't mix them. You'll see far better results if you just use one brand.

My favourite brand is La Roche Posay. I started using them about two years ago and I've never seen such an improvement in my skin. A little pricey but worth it. They have products specifically for oily skin. The larger Boots stores carry the brand, and really good pharmacies.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

My boyfriend has this problem. I got him the Vichy facewash (Normaderm) and moisturiser - roughly €30 for both and there's a considerable difference in his skin.. when he's not at mine and using other products, his skin is oily again.

vichycleansinggel.jpg

m217204169.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beautybrains

http://www.skinstore.ie/Products/187-clearing-mattifier-40ml.aspxIf your looking for a matte look to the skin I would try this stuff out. All the info is on the page. Hope you find something that works for you :)

Advertisement