Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect phone line to dialer

Options
  • 21-02-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have recently installed a security system based on a HKC SW-1070 control panel and would now like some basic assistance connecting a land line to a HKC dialer.

The phone cable entering the house uses one white wire and one blue wire which are then connected onto a white/blue wire and a blue/grey wire respectively going to the phone.

To connect to the phone dialer do I cut the white-white/blue and the blue-blue/grey connections and connect the incoming wires to A and B on the dialer?

When connecting back to the phone should C and D on the dialer go to white/blue and blue/grey respectively or does the order matter at all?

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.

Best regards,
    codaink

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

codaink wrote: »
    I have recently installed a security system based on a HKC SW-1070 control panel and would now like some basic assistance connecting a land line to a HKC dialer.

The phone cable entering the house uses one white wire and one blue wire which are then connected onto a white/blue wire and a blue/grey wire respectively going to the phone.

To connect to the phone dialer do I cut the white-white/blue and the blue-blue/grey connections and connect the incoming wires to A and B on the dialer?

When connecting back to the phone should C and D on the dialer go to white/blue and blue/grey respectively or does the order matter at all?

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.

Best regards,
    codaink

Very easy to do.

The main line that comes into the house gets connected to 2 cores on the cable going to the A/B of the dialer.
    This is to give it priority over all phones in your home.
    The line back from the dialer C/D gets connected on another 2 cores to the other lines for the phones in the house.

They can be connected either way to house phones.
    If you have broadband then fitting a filter is advisable.
    This is a commonly used filter for alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codaink

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

I will connect as described and post the results when finished.

Also, the phone line is not used for broadband so I assume that the filter is not required.

Best regards,
    codaink

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

I will connect as described and post the results when finished.

Also, the phone line is not used for broadband so I assume that the filter is not required.

Best regards,
    codaink

If you don't have broadband then you won't need the filter.

The phone cable was connected as described and the system now seems to be operating as required.

There are two final questions that I have; firstly is it possible to configure the system to send a status report at user defined intervals, this would be useful when the user is away, for example on holiday, and would like confirmation that the system is operating normally.

Secondly, what are the other connectors, ie the two serial ports and the USB port, on the control panel used for?

Best regards,
    codaink

The phone cable was connected as described and the system now seems to be operating as required.

There are two final questions that I have; firstly is it possible to configure the system to send a status report at user defined intervals, this would be useful when the user is away, for example on holiday, and would like confirmation that the system is operating normally.

Secondly, what are the other connectors, ie the two serial ports and the USB port, on the control panel used for?

Best regards,
    codaink

Thanks for getting back to us codaink,

No, but if the system is connected to a monitoring station it will send a test call at a pre programmed time. You would need a GSM connected to find out the status of the system when away. The USB is for uploading software to the panel. The two serials are for connecting a printer, smartlink or a GSM to the control panel.

• Advertisement

Ok and thank you for your help.

codaink

Ok and thank you for your help.

codaink

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement