Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bionic Commando devs work on streets of rage remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hope it doesnt look like the screenshots though, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good riddance, that was waaaay too grimdark.

Streets of Rage works because it's bright & 80s/90s-style colourful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

WTF, just negotiate a deal to get the real SOR remake on digital platforms, it wont cost a dime, win, win. what are they thinking??

all sega have to do is release this, what are they playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    >SEGA
    >Good business decisions

Pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Forget remaking it, just re-release it... Again! A gamer can never have too many copies of Streets Of Rage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    >SEGA
    >Good business decisions

Pick one.

Yep the same Sega that releases Resonance of Fate on the day that FFXIII and shin megami tensei strange journey launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

deathrider wrote: »
    Forget remaking it, just re-release it... Again! A gamer can never have too many copies of Streets Of Rage.

I still have my original cartridge for the megadrive. I also 1/2/3 on the Sega collections disc, as well as a PSN copy of SoR2. I've enough copies at this stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

corcaigh07 wrote: »

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2828
    3 - Didn't you ask SEGA if you could work on SORR?

viewtopic.php?p=69449#p69449

We did notify SEGA of Europe, SEGA of America and SEGA of Japan about the developement of SORR back in 2007, to which they never objected up until the 8th of April 2011, a few days after the release.
    Obviously, the developement would have been halted if they objected sooner.

Sega let them continue developing the remake until they were finished it. Nice one, Sega. :mad:

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2828

Sega let them continue developing the remake until they were finished it. Nice one, Sega. :mad:

but at least we got to play the finished game, im just annoyed that Sega can't just negotiate a deal to get SORR onto the digital platforms, Bomergames did such a good job, no extra work needs to be done to the game itself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

krudler wrote: »
    hope it doesnt look like the screenshots though, ugh
    Yeah, looks strange. Would've liked to have seen a bright anime/cell shaded look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

all 3 SOR games are available on iOS anyway, have 2 on my iphone its the job, works perfectly, sound is a bit garbled on the bassy soundtrack parts but aside from that its class, and its only 79c

Advertisement