Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinteely as a place to live?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HarriFlynn

Thanks again, guys :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think the area is one of the most perfect places in Dublin... it's radius to the main points in the county is perfect, close enough to city centre, but not too close, close to bray, close to the sea, has loads of amenities in reach, including Dalkey and Dun Laoghaire and has plenty of good schools nearby, as well as colleges, IADT and UCD coming to mind. It is served well by transport , the 7, the 145, and Glenegeary Dart Station nearby,and is quite safe as well.

It also has a lovely park in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

HarriFlynn wrote: »
    We are looking to buy in Cabinteely, but the Dun Laoghaire side of the N11, near Granville Road and Johnstown primary schools. I would be so grateful if anyone had information about that area - or is it much different to places like Cabinteely Park, closer to the village? Thanks a million.

Moved to Johnstown court 2 years ago and can't speak highly enough about the area. You have cabinteely park, dunnes etc... still at walking distance then you have the killiney shopping centre which would be on your doorstep. Not one spot of trouble have I encountered or heard of since I've moved here, just a genuine nice community.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

lived there since i was 8, went to st brigids boys school, top class public primary, sister went to st brigids girls school, she went to loreto secondary, excellent school, sadly there is no decent boys secondary anywhere near, cbc would probably be the nearest, i went myself to clonkeen for a few years, worst mistake of my life, and had friends in cabinteely community, which by all accounts was worse. the area is lovely, little or no bad element there, the park is beautiful and always feel safe even late in the eve there. excellent bus service, luas not a million miles away, bus service is probably up there with the best in dublin, all in all its lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Hoping to move to the area soon. New development off Johnstown road (carraig Bui). Right across from the centra. We have been around a few times and we like the area. Especially the park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Only bad point is watch where you park your car as traffic warden is bloody ruthless and takes no prisoners and could visit 6 or more times in a day.Other wardens are ok as will ask if its your car and move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The pitch and putt course beside Carraig Bui may be developed in the near future.

Back in the 60's residents from Johnstown/Woodlands chipped in to buy and prep the land. Someone recently put in a claim for possession of the land as they state they have maintained it for a number of years. The plan to sell it on for development.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    The pitch and putt course beside Carraig Bui may be developed in the near future.

Back in the 60's residents from Johnstown/Woodlands chipped in to buy and prep the land. Someone recently put in a claim for possession of the land as they state they have maintained it for a number of years. The plan to sell it on for development.

Would they be entitled to it? I guess it could be worth a good couple of million. For sure the people from the area will object to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Would they be entitled to it? I guess it could be worth a good couple of million. For sure the people from the area will object to it!

I assume they are going for adverse possession as they maintained the land while the course was open and have kept it tidy since it's closure. And I doubt any of the residents have a receipt from 60 years ago. But I do know if people who paid and gave up their time to get the course up and running.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I assume they are going for adverse possession as they maintained the land while the course was open and have kept it tidy since it's closure. And I doubt any of the residents have a receipt from 60 years ago. But I do know if people who paid and gave up their time to get the course up and running.

Thank you for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement