Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Dublin

Options
  • 22-02-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Ex dub living in west cork and was back up in dublin last weekend for the first time in about 8 months. I still have an attachment for the auld city but dont get up there that much anymore.

From driving on the M50 and around the city its looks as if many of the apartment blocks are empty. I know that we have a major surplus of apartments in Ireland but is this what I was seeing when I was up there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

NAMA have mothballed a lot of apt blocks in an attempt to hold back supply from the market so as to artificially keep property prices higher than they otherwise would be. this has also had a upward pressure on rents.

if you read the press, or talk to friends then you will hear that many people are reluctantly forced into renting as they cannot get mortgage approval, so this has had a knock on effect in reducing the availability of (good) rental stock. there are plenty of s**tholes available for rent in the auld city. the quality of these places is abysmal.

Advertisement