Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to be a tattoo artist and how to start it ?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone , I'm 31 year old from Thailand I'm in Dublin now and I'll live here for long times. I would love to do a tattoo for living but I don't know how to start it in Ireland. Some of my friends said I need a certificate but I don't know where to get it Can anyone give me a suggestion? I never do any tattoo before but i Love drawing, this is my drawing picture from yesterday please leave a comment what u think :D thank u xoxoxo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

As far as I know you need to have done a tattoo apprenticeship for a while before you are allowed tattoo a person. There are tons of tattoo shops in dublin that you could go in and ask for an apprenticeship. Maybe someone else can give you some better advice .. Awesome drawing by the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Do up a portfolio of your drawings and visit various Tattoo parlours, See what they say and if they like what they see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HappyCow

ahh Thank u so much :) as I'm now drawing nearly everyday just to build up my skill of drawing :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

SingItOut wrote: »
    As far as I know you need to have done a tattoo apprenticeship for a while before you are allowed tattoo a person.

Nope--there are no rules regarding tattooing here in Ireland.
    There are tons of tattoo shops in dublin that you could go in and ask for an apprenticeship. Maybe someone else can give you some better advice .. Awesome drawing by the way!!!

Get a portfolio together--draw as much as you can and when you feel confident approach shops with your portfolio and try get an apprenticeship.

Advertisement