Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with software/provider

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    And a good footballer should cost the same as a bad one ? Or a Merc should cost the same as a Lada ?

Even if you ignore the fact that talent and experience costs money and assumed the coding were IDENTICAL, then testing alone on every platform and configuration will take time, and time costs.

Attached is an example of the unhandled exception message that I get when I hit enter twice to view an invoice. I get these messages all the time and it's very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

censuspro wrote: »
    Thanks, what are your thoughts on the general user issues that I mentioned?

Start from scratch with a decent provider which is solid and allows you full access to your data.

You may not be able to do this depending on how much cash you have, there may be OS equivalents to your software that would be worth researching.

Also swapping out your system may also be impossible depending on how many customers you have etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

TonyStark wrote: »
    Canteen! Went for a quick bite with Lorna

When I bought the product I "assumed" that the email client would have the same features that as most other email clients i.e. copy/paste screengrabs into email body, inserting hyperlinks into the body of the email. Also, the system.exit problem I mentioned only occurs in some windows but in other windows will work fine. For example, if I have customer details window open and I press Esc the window will close, but if I do the same with an open email I get an unhandled exception. Also, I can copy paste using keyboard shortcuts but can't do it by right clicking the mouse. I thought these were standard features on all programs running on windows?

I'm not a developer so correct me if I'm wrong but is the code for some of these features not readily available in ms outlook, gmail etc not to mention all the open source software out there?

A lot of it is standard windows forms functionality. However it's up to them what they choose to implement or restrict.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

TonyStark wrote: »

A lot of it is standard windows forms functionality. However it's up to them what they choose to implement or restrict.

Out of interest, how difficult is it to implement windows forms functionality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Out of interest, how difficult is it to implement windows forms functionality?

that depends entirely on the environment it was developed in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement