Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won in the dark!

Options
  • 22-02-2012 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Its coming up to Cheltenham and I usually stop my gambling a few weeks before!I just had a look at tomorrows card for Punchestown and i fancy Won in the dark to turn over cousin Vinny in the first!Ive just placed a bet.What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Hard to see it winning on recent form
    If its 4/1 I'd back it e/w if ya liked it.
    Cousin vinny will prob be ready to roll.
    No bet for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

newuser89 wrote: »
    Hard to see it winning on recent form
    If its 4/1 I'd back it e/w if ya liked it.
    Cousin vinny will prob be ready to roll.
    No bet for me

Fingers crossed he is. It's a bit of a punt at that price considering he hasnt been seen since 2010. I Have a double on CV and psycho in the next

• Registered Users Posts: 37 takeone92

I had him each way at 5's which im not really complaining about!doesnt look the same horse he used to

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

takeone92 wrote: »
    I had him each way at 5's which im not really complaining about!doesnt look the same horse he used to

There was only 4 horses in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You should go and ask for your place part of your each way bet back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

I saw 5 on racing post app
    Didn't know there was a non runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Non runner brought it down to 4 runners.

Would the place part be void or does 1pt ew revert to 2pts win? Never had this happen to me! I didn't back Won In The Dark, just interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Non runner brought it down to 4 runners.

Would the place part be void or does 1pt ew revert to 2pts win? Never had this happen to me! I didn't back Won In The Dark, just interested.

Less than 5 runners it reverts to a win bet, this is BET365 terms:

"Each-Way Betting
    Bets are settled to win unless Each-way is selected. An Each-way bet is a bet of twice the selected unit stake. It contains one bet of unit stake on the selection to Win and one bet of unit stake on the selection to be Placed according to the terms advertised for the event. In general, for UK horse racing the Place part of Each-way bets will be settled as per the following Place terms:

Handicaps - 16 or more runners one quarter the odds - first four Places
    Handicaps - 12 - 15 runners one quarter the odds - first three Places
    All other races of 8 or more runners one fifth the odds - first three Places
    Races of 5, 6 or 7 runners - one quarter the odds - first two Places
    Less than 5 runners - the Place money is invested to Win

In all races the number of runners shall be the number of runners coming under starters orders. Bets will not be accepted where the Place stake exceeds the Win stake. Each-way doubles, trebles and accumulators will be settled Win to Win and Place to Place in accordance with the above."

The link doesn't open so I attach a screenshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

below.

Advertisement