Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The myth of "give them a few digs and that'll learn 'em"

• 22-02-2012 4:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭

So, having read threads on scumbags (and one recently posted), the old chestnut came out to play:

"So i'm being intimidated by a known scumbag in my area........."

"Just walk up to them, give them a few smacks and they'll never bother you again. They're like school bullies!".

I'd love to know how people can actually believe this rubbish! Yes, that is what you are told when you are a kid and are dealing with another bully kid! This kid is probably insecure and his insecurity probably comes out in the form of bullying. Show him you're tough and he might not wanna bother you.

But 21st Century scumbags are NOT school bullies. They are knife carrying, gun-totting, drug snorting scum of the earth! The last thing they're gonna stand for is being embarrassed by a guy they've tried to intimidate!

Why do people think that by standing up to these guys with their fists that will stop it? You hit them, they come back with a bat. You have a bat, they come back with a knife and that's how these scum bags work.

I understand a man's need to beat his chest and stand his ground. But does anyone REALLY believe that giving them a slap is really the end of things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Nuke 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

i have it figured out

you hit them and they come back with a bat
    you have a bat and they come back with a knife

so here's the solution:
    you hit them and they come back with a bat
    you have a gun and they come back with a knife
    - good night sweet prince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

No beacuse they know if they try and burn down your house or beat you up/ harm you that they will get off lightly if not scot free in court (if they get caught).
    So there is no fear stopping them from doing anything major back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Domo230 wrote: »
    Yes

They'll know not to mess with you.

Why is this? Lest you punch them again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

MrStuffins wrote: »
    S
    I understand a man's need to beat his chest and stand his ground. But does anyone REALLY believe that giving them a slap is really the end of things?
    Sometimes yes.

You seem to be confusing scumbags with hardened criminals.

I'm opposed to this sort of violence, & I don't get into fights. But it would be naive to suggest it cannot resolve these small town, personal animosities to the point where bringing things to a head can at least end the ongoing threat of violence.

It's not a very clever solution, but it can be a solution.

I mean didn't you ever watch the OC?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Lets get an old fashioned lynching going.... grabs pitchfork.. whos with me?

later12 wrote: »

No i'm really not. Since when are hardended criminals not scumbags and scumbags necessarily not criminals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Run 'em over in a car. They won't see that coming. :)

Ye have to be unanticipated ye see. ;)

Sindri wrote: »
    Run 'em over in a car. They won't see that coming. :)

Unless they're facing you while you drive at them............

Vrrrrrrroooooooooooooommmmmmmm, Neeeaahhhh, eeeeeeeeeehhhhh, *you*

Tra lalalala *scumbag*

Vrrroooommmmmmm, *you*

Tralalalla, lalalala :) *scumbag*

Neeeahhhhh, eeeeeeeeeehhhh, BOOOOOMMMM! *tumble tumble bumble*

Aaahhhhhh! MY LEGS! *scumbag* :)

*reverse* *repeat*

• Advertisement

Sindri wrote: »
    Vrrrrrrroooooooooooooommmmmmmm, Neeeaahhhh, eeeeeeeeeehhhhh, *you*

Tra lalalala *scumbag*

Vrrroooommmmmmm, *you*

Tralalalla, lalalala :) *scumbag*

Neeeahhhhh, eeeeeeeeeehhhh, BOOOOOMMMM! *tumble tumble bumble*

Aaahhhhhh! MY LEGS! *scumbag* :)

*reverse* *repeat*

Martin McCaughy.... is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

Depends on what kind of person the scumbag is. If he is all talk, by letting him have it, its more likely to make him stop any further crap. Cause its all bluff with him.
    But, as you mentioned, on the flip side, alot of utter scum out there more than ever. By telling someone to "fu*k off" can warrant a bat across the head.

But ultimately you cant take it up the arse from someone either. You have to stand your ground at times. I think its just situational.

Martin McCaughy.... is that you?

Only twice?

You greatly diminish my extraordinary talent for running people over sir.

Since when are hardended criminals not scumbags
    Oh they are
    and scumbags necessarily not criminals?
    Scumbags are not necessarily hardened criminals in most people's estimation, I would suggest. I did say hardened, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Jake187 wrote: »
    Depends on what kind of person the scumbag is. If he is all talk, by letting him have it, its more likely to make him stop any further crap. Cause its all bluff with him.
    But, as you mentioned, on the flip side, alot of utter scum out there more than ever. By telling someone to "fu*k off" can warrant a bat across the head.

But ultimately you cant take it up the arse from someone either. You have to stand your ground at times. While being smart. Its situational.

If someone thinks that you're looking at them the wrong way you can get a bat across the head these days.

Scumbags are winning out because society and our justice system is too lenient on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

No i'm really not. Since when are hardended criminals not scumbags and scumbags necessarily not criminals?

He's not saying they aren't he was just using both terms as a way of differentiating between both types of people.

The most you will get off most "scumbags" is a few punches.

A "hardened criminal" is more likely to send you to A&E from knife wounds.

The most you will get off most "scumbags" is a few punches. A "hardened criminal" is more likely to send you to A&E from knife wounds.

Actually both would stab you these days.

He's not saying they aren't he was just using both terms as a way of differentiating between both types of people.

The most you will get off most "scumbags" is a few punches.

A "hardened criminal" is more likely to send you to A&E from knife wounds.

Pretty dangerous assumption to make. You don;t know the scumbags that I do obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Wear a balaclava then bust em'.

I know a few. Some would be dangerous enough now, ye'd have to be very careful, cut your losses while ye can, others on the other hand are just utter gob****es. One or two would have a few slaps coming to 'em, and deservedly so I should add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

If someone thinks that you're looking at them the wrong way you can get a bat across the head these days.

Scumbags are winning out because society and our justice system is too lenient on them.

Thats because our system is about keeping the money flowing !!! Your safety has nothing to do with it, Sure don't you know Gardaí, Judges and solicitors tend to live in relatively crime free areas.

charlemont wrote: »
    Sure don't you know Gardaí, Judges and solicitors tend to live in relatively crime free areas.
    I think this is a strong and a valid point. This is largely an issue of inequality, and pertains to the removal of which public representatives and some members of the legal professions feel from the lower working classes. Unfortunately this is a fact of modern life.

Unfortunately, most people also think that liberal pinkos (and I include myself in that) are opposed to long stints in prison. Not necessarily so.

But when these guys get into the state's custody, we must learn to do something with them,not simply treat them as though they were in a standing pen at Nenagh Mart. That old (almost 200 year old) aspiration of creating schools of industry and schools of virtue from the prisons must be realized. And this must correspond with stricter sentencing if necessary.

Society is very sick at the moment, we cannot carry on as we are doing, and yet, unfortunately, prisoners' needs are unlikely to be a relevant issue in this country within the next 50 years (i.e. our lifetime)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Unfortunately, most people also think that liberal pinkos (and I include myself in that) are opposed to long stints in prison. Not necessarily so.

Same as myself. My bleeding heart turns to stone when it comes to scumbags. One thing about the ra, when they were around in Belfast there was very little anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

When I was in Primary School I was getting bullied by another kid.
    When I mentioned it to my Grandad he said that the next time this kid came up to me I should punch him in the nose.

Now I was young and impressionable and tended to take adults at their word, so the next day when this kid approached me, I barely waited for him to open his mouth before I punched him as hard as I could in the nose.
    His nose started bleeding and he ran off in shock. He told the teacher that I had hit him.
    My parents got called in and I was made apologise to him.
    Ended up getting in a load of **** with my parents (but probably not as much as my Grandad when they found out what he'd told me to do).

But - the bully always gave me a wide berth in future.

TBH, this approach would probably not work on a fully grown scumbag, and I'm lucky that I've never been in a similar situation since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If there's one thing I've learned off boards this month it's if you retaliate against a scumbag they take you to court and sue you for the price of a house and then the DPP takes you to court and treats you like a criminal

Oh to be back on the school playground when rules were simpler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Get Naked.

I reckon that would deter most guys who consider themselves tough guys. I'd bet that most are probably extremely homophobic and would be more fearful of being seeing grappling with another man's bits dangling in their face than taking a punch.

also I'm hideously ugly naked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If there's one thing I've learned off boards this month it's if you retaliate against a scumbag they take you to court and sue you for the price of a house and then the DPP takes you to court and treats you like a criminal

This is a prime example of why nobody should rely on boards to provide them with knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

When I was in Primary School I was getting bullied by another kid.
    When I mentioned it to my Grandad he said that the next time this kid came up to me I should punch him in the nose.

Now I was young and impressionable and tended to take adults at their word, so the next day when this kid approached me, I barely waited for him to open his mouth before I punched him as hard as I could in the nose.
    His nose started bleeding and he ran off in shock. He told the teacher that I had hit him.
    My parents got called in and I was made apologise to him.
    Ended up getting in a load of **** with my parents (but probably not as much as my Grandad when they found out what he'd told me to do).

But - the bully always gave me a wide berth in future.

TBH, this approach would probably not work on a fully grown scumbag, and I'm lucky that I've never been in a similar situation since.

Sorry to burst your bubble but sounds like you were doing the bullying here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

charlemont wrote:

Sure don't you know Gardaí, Judges and solicitors tend to live in relatively crime free areas.
    I think this is a strong and a valid point. This is largely an issue of inequality, and pertains to the removal of which public representatives and some members of the legal professions feel from the lower working classes. Unfortunately this is a fact of modern life.

But when these guys get into the state's custody, we must learn to do something with them,not simply treat them as though they were in a standing pen at Nenagh Mart. That old (almost 200 year old) aspiration of creating schools of industry and schools of virtue from the prisons must be realized. And this must correspond with stricter sentencing if necessary.

Society is very sick at the moment, we cannot carry on as we are doing, and yet, unfortunately, prisoners' needs are unlikely to be a relevant issue in this country within the next 50 years (i.e. our lifetime)
    There's a set of tacit assumptions tacit assumptions in there - that the system is somehow "soft" or "lenient", that "scumbags" as an identifiable group exists, and that the "liberal" workings of the system come down to a bleeding heart bias among Gardaí, legal professionals and the judiciary. If you'd spent any time in the criminal courts, you'd know that none of these are true.

And, of course, there's that old chestnut that anyone who doesn't go in for hang 'em high is somehow cossetted away from the "real world". Personally, I live in north inner city Dublin, I'm from a dog rough midlands town, went to a dog-rough school, I have regular interactions with the criminal classes through work, and I have a masters in criminology ... but when it comes to crime, I'm supposedly the one who's detached from reality. :rolleyes:

Because I still think that prisons don't work, the crime problem isn't as bad as it's made out to be, that the media skews peoples' perceptions, and that a lot of peoples' attitudes come down to plain, old fashioned snobbery.

You are right that inequality is an issue, but not in the way you're putting it. Part of the problem is that "criminals" and "scumbags" have been set up in the media as one dimensional hate figures in our society, operating in the same way as Commmunists did for the Americans during Cold War. This is even more an issue in the neoliberal schema, where there's very little else left to believe in:
    Aeschylus wrote:
    unanimous hatred is the greatest medicine for a human community

Fact is that prisoners' rights were more of an issue in the 80s, when the economic situation was equally bad to now. And even if prisons did become *ahem* schools of industry and virtue, I still don't think that prison will do a thing to reduce the crime rate. Some of you probably don't want to hear this, but there's strong evidence to show crime is a function of societal problems like social exclusion and deprivation, seems that the best way to reduce crime will be to work towards a fairer and more equal society.

Personally, I think it's the keyboard warriors who need to get real - it's just unreasoning hate most of the time.

OP, I agree to an extent, if you go picking a fight with a "scumbag", you're likely to get your head kicked in. But if there's one thing I've learned from boards in the past week, it's that internet tough guys love talking tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

"Send them to prison, that'll learn 'em"

Fail.

"Give them suspended sentences, that'll learn 'em"

Fail.

"Give their parents a strong talking to, that'll learn 'em"

Fail.

Has anyone tried giving them a hug?

connundrum wrote: »
    Has anyone tried giving them a hug?
    Has anyone tried building a fairer and more equal society? Because even those tree-huggers at the World Bank think that inequality, social exclusion and crime are closely related:

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DEC/Resources/Crime%26Inequality.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

So, having read threads on scumbags (and one recently posted), the old chestnut came out to play:

"Just walk up to them, give them a few smacks and they'll never bother you again. They're like school bullies!".

I'd love to know how people can actually believe this rubbish! Yes, that is what you are told when you are a kid and are dealing with another bully kid! This kid is probably insecure and his insecurity probably comes out in the form of bullying. Show him you're tough and he might not wanna bother you.

But 21st Century scumbags are NOT school bullies. They are knife carrying, gun-totting, drug snorting scum of the earth! The last thing they're gonna stand for is being embarrassed by a guy they've tried to intimidate!

Why do people think that by standing up to these guys with their fists that will stop it? You hit them, they come back with a bat. You have a bat, they come back with a knife and that's how these scum bags work.

The retired ex-Provos will take care of this for you.

Pretty dangerous assumption to make. You don;t know the scumbags that I do obviously!

Indeed i don't. Im only talking about my own general area but most people i would class as scumbags wouldn't go as far as to stab anyone. They would give a lot of verbal abuse and perhaps throw a few punches but they wouldn't take the risk of getting charged with GBH.

That said i wouldn't just go punching scumbags if i had a problem with them like some crazed vigilante. I tend to stay away from all kinds of scumbags and don't give them any reason to bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Intimidation is open to definition here.

Indeed i don't. Im only talking about my own general area but most people i would class as scumbags wouldn't go as far as to stab anyone. They would give a lot of verbal abuse and perhaps throw a few punches but they wouldn't take the risk of getting charged with GBH.

That said i wouldn't just go punching scumbags if i had a problem with them like some crazed vigilante. I tend to stay away from all kinds of scumbags and don't give them any reason to bother me.

Well congratulations on living in a place where real scum don't live. The chances of finding one were slim, but congratulations!

• Advertisement

Well congratulations on living in a place where real scum don't live. The chances of finding one were slim, but congratulations!

Well that's Galway city for you.

benway wrote: »
    There's a set of tacit assumptions tacit assumptions in there - that the system is somehow "soft" or "lenient"
    No, not necessarily that the system is lenient, but that the system is ineffecient and that those involved in public administration or the legal professions may be somewhat blind to such inefficiency on account of their separateness from the environment in which repeat offenders or ex prisoners may be likely to be found.
    that "scumbags" as an identifiable group exists
    I'm certainly not making that suggestion. Scumbags exist, but I'm not sure who is supposed to have said they must exist in a tangible, easily identifiable way. Perhaps you might clarify.
    And, of course, there's that old chestnut that anyone who doesn't go in for hang 'em high is somehow cossetted away from the "real world". Personally, I live in north inner city Dublin, I'm from a dog rough midlands town, went to a dog-rough school, I have regular interactions with the criminal classes through work, and I have a masters in criminology ... but when it comes to crime, I'm supposedly the one who's detached from reality. :rolleyes:
    Two points here.

(i) If you read my post that you quotes - or any post I have ever made in relation to prisoners on here - you'll see that I have nothing but sympathy for those who find themselves in the custody of the state as prisoners.
    (ii)Bringing your own personal experience into the rational arguments that surround penal reform are of very limited value. This is the internet. I have spelled out my own experience in dealing with prisoners on this site in the past, but in hindsight I have come to the view that all of that is essentially irrelevant in terms of the internet.
    The validity of your argument rests upon its logical and evidential capital, not by telling everyone else to listen to you because of what you claim to know or have experienced.
    Fact is that prisoners' rights were more of an issue in the 80s, when the economic situation was equally bad to now. And even if prisons did become *ahem* schools of industry and virtue, I still don't think that prison will do a thing to reduce the crime rate.
    Then I fear you don't appear to familiarise yourself with the evidence.

One recent evidence of a successful reduction in recidivism rates amongst young offenders is to be found in an evaluation of the role of sport in reducing reoffending rates at Portland Young Offender Institution in the United Kingdom

It found:
    http://www.2ndchanceproject.co.uk/system/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/Final_Rugby-Football_Report.pdf
    • Of the fifty participants who have been released over the past 18 months, nine have reoffended or been recalled to prison, representing an 18% reconviction rate (compared to a prison average of 48% after one year).
    • Statistically significant improvements were observed in established measures of conflict resolution, aggression, impulsivity, and attitudes towards offending following participation.
    • The initiative has enabled offenders and delivery staff to develop positive support and mentoring relationships, and has motivated individuals to take responsibility for their actions, and inspired them to generate positive aspirations for the future.
    In the UK, Some of you probably don't want to hear this, but there's strong evidence to show crime is a function of societal problems like social exclusion and deprivation, seems that the best way to reduce crime will be to work towards a fairer and more equal society.
    You seem to be arguing for the sake of argument here - I have already mentioned inequality as an underlying cause of criminal behaviour. In fact, that is why I emboldened positive aspirations in the excerpt from the findings of the evaluation report into the Portland Young Offenders' Institution: part of the problem with prisoners is that their expectations from life tend to be so low; creating schools of industry or schools of virtue by upskilling inmates and giving them something to aspire to may help reduce recidivism, which is what the major function of prisons ought to be.
    Personally, I think it's the keyboard warriors who need to get real - it's just unreasoning hate most of the time.
    I really think you must have approached this thread reading what you wanted to read, instead of what people are blatantly saying.

You're right, the reality is that they have feck all to do all day so they're just thinking and acting on ways to intimidate/harm/scare you and your family. They have too much time on their hands to fight head on. While we go to college/work/training they're doing lines thinking of the best way to be back at you. Scum of the earth should be buried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Just learn a good martial art and kick that bat/knife/gun out of their hands and watch them scream like a little girl as you kick their head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭LaFlammeRouge

One recent evidence of a successful reduction in recidivism rates amongst young offenders is to be found in an evaluation of the role of sport in reducing reoffending rates at Portland Young Offender Institution in the United Kingdom

It found:
    http://www.2ndchanceproject.co.uk/system/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/Final_Rugby-Football_Report.pdf
    • Of the fifty participants who have been released over the past 18 months, nine have reoffended or been recalled to prison, representing an 18% reconviction rate (compared to a prison average of 48% after one year).
    • Statistically significant improvements were observed in established measures of conflict resolution, aggression, impulsivity, and attitudes towards offending following participation.
    • The initiative has enabled offenders and delivery staff to develop positive support and mentoring relationships, and has motivated individuals to take responsibility for their actions, and inspired them to generate positive aspirations for the future.

A study with 50 participants is not evidence of anything, it's just a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

So becoming meek and submissive is a better option? try to argue sense with them? whats the answer? when dealing with a bully or a scum bag sometimes the only answer is to become agressive, ive never had problems with either bullies or scumbags because i stand my ground and am as agressive to them as they are to me, really it just comes down to who is mentaly stronger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

billybudd wrote: »
    So becoming meek and submissive is a better option? try to argue sense with them? whats the answer? when dealing with a bully or a scum bag sometimes the only answer is to become agressive, ive never had problems with either bullies or scumbags because i stand my ground and am as agressive to them as they are to me, really it just comes down to who is mentaly stronger.

And what if they have a knife and a history of arson attacks, and threaten your family?

What do you do then, do you still 'stand your ground'?

later12 wrote:
    If you read my post that you quotes
    This is what I get for quoting three people in one go. My bad. Might make more sense laid out like this:

See where I'm coming from now? There are plenty of repeat offenders and ex prisoners around where I live ... but I think that you and charlemont were making very different points.
    later12 wrote:
    The validity of your argument rests upon its logical and evidential capital, not by telling everyone else to listen to you because of what you claim to know or have experienced.

It sure does, but I've been told enough times on the internet and elsewhere that I don't "understand reality" or words to that effect for making points on criminal justice anywhere to the left of Mussolini that I sometimes get my retaliation in first. Although it seemed relevant given the above.

I agree 100% on the function of prisons, but I also think that more emphasis needs to be placed on re-entry and reintegration into society.

The fundamental problem is that when ex-prisoners are sent (or dumped) back to the same place that they came from, and the conditions there are pretty much as they were, I wouldn't expect their behaviour to be much different.

Basically, my point is that we need changes on a societal level if we're to drastically reduce the crime rate, even the best prison and reintegration programme can only go so far. Harsher punishment, which seems to be the standard common sense response, certainly won't do it.

Granted, I don't think the system is working as badly as people like to make out, or at least I don't think it's failing in the way that they're making out ... and I think that the media shapes public perceptions to a massive degree. People seem to think that the only solution is to lock people up indefinitely. I think that making the communities they return to after prison more habitable would be more efficient in the long run.

Think I'm a bit burned out from getting overly involved with the various "I hate scumbags" threads over the past little while, I may have been responding to the cumulative contents of those threads as much as the specifics of the posts above. Don't mean to be antagonistic about it or nowt.

To be honest, the biggest thing is that I'm not sure what people mean by "scumbags" - it's not a term that I'd ever use.

Lol. No it doesn't!

A lot of these scum bags are probably weak at heart, weak at character and weak mentally. If anything, THEY are the ones you wanna worry about. Because they are the ones putting up a front and are the ones who will not want to be embarrassed and will come back at you twice as hard!

I'm not saying being submissive is the answer. But what I AM saying is, thinking "Give them a few slaps and they'll back down" is NOT the answer! It works with school bullies but if you or anybody else actually thinks this works with modern day scum then you're sorely mistaken!

Wattle wrote: »
    Just learn a good martial art and kick that bat/knife/gun out of their hands and watch them scream like a little girl as you kick their head in.

Someone's watched a few too many Jason Statham movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I knew a lad from a very tough area who had this attitude. It actually worked twice. The third time someone pulled a knife and stabbed him.

How does your theory stand up to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Correct, hardened criminals don't bother picking fights with random strangers or hanging around outside bars looking for scraps. Kids who think that's what hardened crimmys do engage in those particular pastimes. And kids, really anyone under the age of 30-35, give them the bad eye and they'll run back home to mammy.

99.99% of these little men are not mafia types.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Correct, hardened criminals don't bother picking fights with random strangers or hanging around outside bars looking for scraps. Kids who think that's what hardened crimmys do engage in those particular pastimes. And kids, really anyone under the age of 30-35, give them the bad eye and they'll run back home to mammy.

99.99% of these little men are not mafia types.

I can assure you I am not confusing anybody with anybody. I know exactly what i'm talking about. A scumbag is a scumbag is a scumbag!

Whats the deal with the 'hardened criminals' and 'regular scumbag' thing going on here? :confused: Are people living in their own little bubble? :confused:
    That only a "hardened criminal" is the sort to stab, glass, stomp you? ... that joe scumbag wouldnt do that too?

I think people need a reality check here.

Jake187 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the 'hardened criminals' and 'regular scumbag' thing going on here? :confused: Are people living in their own little bubble? :confused:
    That only a "hardened criminal" is the sort to stab, glass, stomp you? ... that joe scumbag wouldnt do that too?

I think people need a reality check here.

This is part of the problem, there;s a serious issue with people understanding exactly who they're dealing with.

"Ah, sure yer man's never been to prison, he won't stick a knife in my neck if I give him a hiding!"

I think those saying things like this really don't ever deal wit these types of people! I tell ya, I know a lot of little dirt bags who, while not drug kingpins, would have no problem taking revenge on you if you gave them a few digs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement