Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nat and ports wont solve bad internet

Options
  • 22-02-2012 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

so i've read that so many people are going down the route of forwarding ports and using dmz and changing nat types to try and help lag issues and connection problems,
    well my own first hand problems which had occured for over a year i can now confirm for sure that all along it was the ISP VODAFONE who's landline has been oversold in my area causing a nihgtmare for any gamer in a rural area.
    I have now got an iphone 4 and am using that for my internet needs and its a pay as you go! landline is prob a thing of the past unless its fibreoptic!
    i had every NAT type there is and open every single port and it never worked or solved anything long term.
    SO if your in the country and like to game, get a phone that can tether or has a hotspot (same thing) and get a data plan per month 5gb wont run out even if you game 6hrs a day thats the plan i use and its fine

Advertisement