Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can you overclock crossfired gpus?

• 22-02-2012 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

thinking about going crossfire 7950s with these bad boys:

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=55252&agid=1942&apop=1

and trying to oc them to 7970s but is it possible to oc the 2 cards to around the same stats or would i be better of getting 2 7970s and not oc'ing? or what's the deal? i'm new to overclocking obviously haha i'll be getting 1 7950 now and waiting a few months until i need the extra power to get the second; i'm just worried if i get the 7950 and oc it then get another 7950 down the road and have to reset the first card to factory bios

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 rene13cross

MSI Afterburner should be able to OC them no problem and it will automatically apply those clocks to any Crossfired or SLId GPU aswell. So no problem there. There would be no point in only being able to OC one GPU since the other one would simply bottleneck the performance.

To be perfectly honest, there won't be a huge need to overclocking a 7950 since it will play everything maxed out at full HD anyways. Having said that, I totally understand your desire to OC though, I would definitely do the same :D

Btw, the new AMD 7000 series GPUs are supposed to OC like absolute beasts. I'm sure you won't have a problem going over 1GHz on the core clock, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

cheers pal

Advertisement