Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 day split

• 22-02-2012 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Hi, I searched and dont think this has been asked. Im just wondering if its ok to train upper body early morning and lower body later in the evening.

Reason I ask is I have a pretty gruesome uphill windy 11k cycle to college and due to time constraints need to get the bulk of my training in beforehand, but dont fancy cycling after a squat session, whereas the cycle home is downhill and handy, allowing me to easily get legs and abs done before bed.

This ok?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Can you only train one day per week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Sorry should have specified. I train 3 times a week full body, 2 of which are friday and sunday as I'm off those days. Its the other day (tuesday or wednesday) that Im asking about. Would it be better to split it over both days? Its just I like to get 2 days rest(from strength training) after the sunday workout, and want to avoid doing a full body in the evening midweek as I'm generally tired but could manage legs & abs.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

post up your full weeks training so. Be easier advise you then.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Cardio:
    22k cycle (to/from college) every tues/wed/thurs and every second monday
    1.5 hour game of squash every thursday evening

Weights:
    Every tues or wed, friday, sunday.

Squat
    Bench press
    Seated shoulder press
    Bent over barbell/Dumbell row
    Barbell/Dumbell curl
    Barbell/Dumbell Skull crusher
    Lying leg curl
    Finishing off with situps & plank with elevated legs

Mix sets/reps up between either 3x12 or 6x6 with heavier weight, both to failure, and switch from barbell to dumbells weekly.

Reason I posted is because the midweek workout suffers if I do it when I get home, whereas if I do it in the morning the cycle in is pretty awful. (Mostly uphill, and if theres any wind it's in your face)

edit: Forgot to add can't train on saturdays ever due to work

Advertisement