Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of upgrade of PC?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Please advise me whether its something I can do myself or what charges I can expect for wiping the hard drive completely and a memory upgrade to speed up the maching making it more capable of dealing with the likes of iTunes!!

Thanks

(Its supposed to be off this morning to be worked on at 11 am so any advice welcome please:o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You can do it yourself, easily. If you're getting a shop or something to do it for you, I wouldn't. Virtually all of them will try and pull your wallet from your pocket via your nose. It's always cheaper - sometimes by lots - to do it yourself buying parts online.

To be of proper help, we'll need your computer specs. If you're not sure of them, Speccy can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, it's relatively easy to do all that yourself.
    As Serephucus says, give us your specs to see what you have,
    it'll help with recommending what to upgrade, etc.

Also, before you go ahead, it might be a good time to backup
    your hard drive's important stuff... docs,pics, files etc onto USB stick/drive or blank DVD's.

Advertisement