Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC Beers in Cassidys - Part 2 : Friday the 13th April,Come if you dare,wooooooooo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    Doyles was pish last night, nowhere near as good as the last time.

That's coz you guys were downstairs. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I just remembered,a boardsie that was in Cassidys last night,and shall remain nameless,called me Otis Redding.Ruined me night so it did.
    :(

It wasnt me - but I did laugh my ass off!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I just remembered,a boardsie that was in Cassidys last night,and shall remain nameless,called me Otis Redding.Ruined me night so it did.

Oh dear! :o Sorry Otis, you know that wasn't my intention... but I had been there since 6 so what do you expect! :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Oh I'm not sure about that one actually- go there and report back young Frodo :p

Ah I would love to but I'm all on my lonesome!!

But Coppers is almost better when you're on your own,no? :pac:

I know the few times I've been out when the clocks went forward the bars just kept going as normal - no missing of an hour. I dunno, that was a while back.

Did you find that lost item last night? :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Larianne wrote: »
    That's coz you guys were downstairs. :cool:

School boy error right there.

What are ye on about? Someone spill.

Feeling left out Sauve? :p

always :(

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Could be a problem with my attendance.The girl Ive worked directly alongside for the last 10 months handed in her notice today and it looks like she will be finishing the 13th which will mean leaving party for her.

Could be a problem with my attendance.The girl Ive worked directly alongside for the last 10 months handed in her notice today and it looks like she will be finishing the 13th which will mean leaving party for her.

Bring your workmates!! More the merrier!! :)

Don't even thinnk about it buddy. :cool:
    Bring your workmates!! More the merrier!! :)

Yeah just have it in Cassidys.

Agh. Dammit.
    Sure all you can do is your best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

If this weather were to hold up we'd have to change it to a Barbee Beers, - now wouldnt that be fun to organize. :pac:

Sadly, - This is Irl so it'll probably be raining again by the time I hit the 'post reply' button. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

johnr1 wrote: »
    If this weather were to hold up we'd have to change it to a Barbee Beers, - now wouldnt that be fun to organize. :pac:

Sadly, - This is Irl so it'll probably be raining again by the time I hit the 'post reply' button. :(

Beers in my gaff :) We'd a fab BBQ last night, really hope this weather stays. I've Adele playing, shades on, staying put in the garden today :)

Otis, hope you mange to sort something out.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd murder a pint right about now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Don't even thinnk about it buddy. :cool:

Yeah just have it in Cassidys.

Hah,it was awkward trying to explain to my mate Friday night how I knew you and Awec never mind trying to explain to 15 to 20 work mates how I know 20 to 30 randomers!

I honestly dont know what is going to happen.Work nights out tend to kick off around 8 or so somewhere in Temple Bar so its anyones guess.

See,this is the main reason why I hate Friday night beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

See,this and because I know Panthro usually works until 11pm Fridays and therefore can't make a beers all the way from Galway is the main reason why I hate Friday night beers.

Fixed!:D

Hah,it was awkward trying to explain to my mate Friday night how I knew you and Awec never mind trying to explain to 15 to 20 work mates how I know 20 to 30 randomers!

I honestly dont know what is going to happen.Work nights out tend to kick off around 8 or so somewhere in Temple Bar so its anyones guess.

See,this is the main reason why I hate Friday night beers.

With myself and awec - "We met at a party."

At beers - "we all met at a Rave!" :pac:

With myself and awec - "We met at a party."

At beers - "we all met at a Rave!" :pac:

or simply: "we met on teh internetz" (pronounced as it is spelt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Btw lads, Bucky is the drink of kings (unless you're playing Kings...then ye are fecked, especially if Tuddles is using Donegal rules:pac:). Otis's drink of kings there, I heard of it before...it was called a Berbatov for some odd reason :p

Might be able to drop by for a non-alcoholic drink or two that night, we'll see!

Btw lads, Bucky is the drink of kings (unless you're playing Kings...then ye are fecked, especially if Tuddles is using Donegal rules:pac:). Otis's drink of kings there, I heard of it before...it was called a Berbatov for some odd reason :p

Might be able to drop by for a non-alcoholic drink or two that night, we'll see!

Look, I've had enough of this myth of the terrifying "Donegal Rules" for Kings. I've seen said rules and they're just like the normal rules for Kings, if not a smidge tamer in certain aspects. Her sending someone to hospital was more down to personal foolishness than the game's hardcore nature.

That's right Tuddle... I'm calling you out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Look, I've had enough of this myth of the terrifying "Donegal Rules" for Kings. I've seen said rules and they're just like the normal rules for Kings, if not a smidge tamer in certain aspects. Her sending someone to hospital was more down to personal foolishness than the game's hardcore nature.

are we STILL on about that!!!! it wasn't kings (i agree with few) it was me being a complete gombeen and not copping that after the 5k i shoulda perhaps eaten and drank some water before i laid into the vodka!!! personal stupidity will NEVER be repeated. and i hope to get a chance to kick tuddlesz ass at kings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ah I'm only rattling your cage, it's a bad game to play at any time to be honest, regardless of the rules. I rarely play it myself.

Me and Tuddles have had this conversation too, it ended in stalemate. You've got your work cut out for you, calling her out :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What is the suit status for this event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Is there a pool table in cassidys?
    Foozeball, I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I was gonna suggest a few pool games. When I have a few drinks my eyes get painty, so if you leave me long pots you'll destroy me. Leave me shortish pots that I can still see and I'll wipe the table with you :p

So, anyone wanna play for money? :pac:
    hmmm, you sound like you're trying a hustle. 'I swear, when I'm drunk anyone can beat me, anyone want to bet?'
    :pac:

G-Money wrote: »
    What is the suit status for this event?

There was a call for a suit-up moment... so... hmmm....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Cassidys gets pretty warm so I will definitely recommend not wearing a suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Maguined wrote: »
    Cassidys gets pretty warm so I will definitely recommend not wearing a suit.

Oh really? Casual it is so.

I shall definitely in attendance and will most certainly be consuming alcohol, unlike the last time :D

Is downstairs big?

Big enough.

poker-face-300x266.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Yea roasting!

We are downstairs this time right? Is downstairs big?

You'll be a lot less likely to bash your head off a lampshade downstairs anyway :D

Fúck it - I've decided I'm dressing up for this! Why not! :)

swapple wrote: »
    You'll be a lot less likely to bash your head off a lampshade downstairs anyway :D

Fúck it - I've decided I'm dressing up for this! Why not! :)

Though the ceiling can be quite low in places and awec being half giraffe could be problematic for him but hilarious for us.

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    Though the ceiling can be quite low in places and awec being half giraffe could be problematic for him but hilarious for us.

Which half?

Which half?

The one I could understand, the other half was all "hurddy ddurrrddyyy buurddyyy sitcheeatiun." :p

Didn't even know you were at the last beers Maguined. :o:(

I was the guy that just smiled politely and nodded at everything you said. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Do ye people either drink beer or talk about drinking?

Seriously?

That's pretty cool :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement